Become a Patron!

check atomizer

irideparkcity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so i have bought a new smok xpro m80 and had it for a bout a week now and was loving it but i decided to rebuild my coil on my mutation x v3 and now all i get is a check atomizer error. i have tried two other tanks that i have and still get this error. someone mentioned that i should push in the 510 connector a couple times but still have had no luck. anyone know how to adjust the connector? might have done something to changeit. im gonna take it back to the vape store that i bought it from but on the receipt it says they are not liable to any damage for the use of this product so not sure if theyll exchange it for another mx80.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of build did you put on? What did it check out to on your ohm meter?

My first guess is that you've got a screw not tightened down all the way, or you build a coil setup with resistance too low for the M80 to fire...

irideparkcity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had a quit a few builds I've used on it. Last one I had was 28 gauge kanthal with 9 wraps single coil. My ohms have always jumped ever since I bought this regulated mod. I already made sure my posts Have been tightened down. I've done several different builds but always get the same error. Even tried my Atlantis tank on my mx 80 still same error. Made the previous builds that I've used before on my mx80 before and still get the error. I'm thinking this thing has shat out on me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irideparkcity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know it's not my atomizer cause when I use my mutation on my 30w istick the ohms never jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, even not knowing the ID or actual resistance of your coil I'm going to guess 9 wraps of 28g around anything bigger than a strand of hair should be within the M80's limits in single-coil setup. And if you're getting the same problem with your Atlantis, though the iStick fires both devices, I'd say your 510 pin is jammed down too far. Have you tried prying it up or, better yet, taking it back to try and exchange for another one?

Grendel6.5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, even not knowing the ID or actual resistance of your coil I'm going to guess 9 wraps of 28g around anything bigger than a strand of hair should be within the M80's limits in single-coil setup. And if you're getting the same problem with your Atlantis, though the iStick fires both devices, I'd say your 510 pin is jammed down too far. Have you tried prying it up or, better yet, taking it back to try and exchange for another one?
It is probably pushed down too far. As mentioned gently pry it up working your way around the center pin. Shouldnt need to be raised a whole lot. I have had that happen a few times on different mods. If the 510 pin on your rda/rta is adjustable then shorten it after you raise the pin in your mod. Worth a shot.

streakerz10

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a problem with mine sent a email to smok 2 hours later they sent back telling me to go back to where I bought it and it would be exchanged under the 90 day warranty I forwarded the email to where I bought it and I got a new one. But rumor I heard about the 510 is that once it bottoms out it is pouched and needs to be replaced

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to say its a hardware issue 90% of the time something failed in the board. RMA it asap

VU Sponsors