Become a Patron!

Cheapest price on VTC6 batteries???

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see these on ebay for cheap but they are probably fake so I am wondering if anyone knows of a seller who has Genuine Sony VTC 6's at a good price?

I'm finding them at about $7 each and I want 4 but then it's another 8-$10 for shipping so I'm hoping to find a better deal...

I did actually buy 2 from ebay for a little under $11 (for the pair) and they are the best batteries I've used to date but I'm not sure if they are authentic.
Perhaps someone can tell me how to test them for authenticity? If they are the real deal, I'll get 4 more as I cant find them for this price elsewhere.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can appreciate where you are coming from but these batteries I got have different serial numbers and they weigh 46.9 and 47 grams. The fakes usually have the same serial numbers. I have not had any problems with them and they outperform every other battery I have used. The wrapping looks legit, the tops and bottoms look legit, they have diff serial numbers, the writing on them is "faded/light" like the authentic ones and I've been using them for a month with no issues. This is why I'm wondering how else I can check them to see if they are authentic. Not every single person selling batteries on eBay has fakes. Oh and I vape at 20-25 watts so amps isnt an issue.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This BatteryBro site has some good tools
https://batterybro.com/pages/18650-date-code-lookup-tool
https://batterybro.com/pages/18650-battery-safety

Check out some Mooch videos. Not boring; it’s like TEDTalk that’s actually interesting.

So I looked up the date code on these batteries and it turns out they are almost 2 years old, but if they have never been used, then I cant imagine there is a problem. I'm not an expert on batteries but Duracells, etc often have a 10 year shelf life, not sure if rechargeables are the same. I read that the manufacturers only guarantee them for 6 months but my dad has some 18650's that he's been using for over 5 years with no issues, not sure what brand.

VU Sponsors