Become a Patron!

Charging questions

RedWolf

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started out with an istick pico and now i use a snow wolf 200w plus. My brother gave me batteries that were already charged he said charging with my cell cable was fine. Batteries are half dead and don't seem to be charging. My pico charged just fine like this, should i charge the batteries individually in my pico? Should i not use cell charger? I need help please. Still new to all this but learning any advice is welcome!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't own a Snow Wolf 200 Plus and have no idea if you can charge in that mod. I don't recommend charging that way even if you can. It's always best to charge in a dedicated charger. I also would be leery of those batteries unless you know that they have been a married pair in use. I always use married sets of batteries in all my multi battery mods. This helps to ensure that the charge state of the batteries is balanced.Married batteries need to be a pair of exactly the same make and model battery.

RedWolf

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't own a Snow Wolf 200 Plus and have no idea if you can charge in that mod. I don't recommend charging that way even if you can. It's always best to charge in a dedicated charger. I also would be leery of those batteries unless you know that they have been a married pair in use. I always use married sets of batteries in all my multi battery mods. This helps to ensure that the charge state of the batteries is balanced.Married batteries need to be a pair of exactly the same make and model battery.

They for sure are married, i did read that somwhere. We don't have a charger yet for charging batteries ill have to get one, my pico charged fine on the charger, just the snow wolf seems to take far to long.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They for sure are married, i did read that somwhere. We don't have a charger yet for charging batteries ill have to get one, my pico charged fine on the charger, just the snow wolf seems to take far to long.
Yes, that';s another downside to charging in the mod. I'm not sure if you are using a power cube ( wall wart ) or your computer to charge, but if it is your computer it will be a real slow charge. Using a power cube will usually charge it faster.

RedWolf

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, that';s another downside to charging in the mod. I'm not sure if you are using a power cube ( wall wart ) or your computer to charge, but if it is your computer it will be a real slow charge. Using a power cube will usually charge it faster.

Using a cube thing 5v 2.1a and i did it overnight and it didn't charge at all, and the screen shuts down where my other mods stay on.argh

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On my Asus laptop with Asus USB Charger+ it's actually not that slow, as it supplies about 1 amp of charging current even if the laptop is in sleep mode or powered off. Despite this, I would never charge inside the mod... ALWAYS use a separate external charger.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Using a cube thing 5v 2.1a and i did it overnight and it didn't charge at all, and the screen shuts down where my other mods stay on.argh

I'm not sure but I suspect the Snow Wolf doesn't support usb charging. My Hohmwrecker G2 has a usb port but it's strictly for firmware upgrades - not charging.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When I started back vaping recently I got a new mod, was charging it via provided micro usb and disconnecting right before or at 100%. One day I broke out the old nitecore i4, it took a while longer to charge but the charge seemed to last twice as long. I just trust external more, it's a device that's job is exclusively to charge your batteries correctly, been using it now instead of internal.

Nothing fancy, just has the row of lights. I believe I picked it up for around 20$ off eBay a few years ago.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I started back vaping recently I got a new mod, was charging it via provided micro usb and disconnecting right before or at 100%. One day I broke out the old nitecore i4, it took a while longer to charge but the charge seemed to last twice as long. I just trust external more, it's a device that's job is exclusively to charge your batteries correctly, been using it now instead of internal.

Nothing fancy, just has the row of lights. I believe I picked it up for around 20$ off eBay a few years ago.

$10.50 for the one in my link

VU Sponsors