Become a Patron!

Charger question

I’m new to vaping & just bought a Smok Stick V8 Baby kit, but I’m having trouble finding a wall adapter. It comes with a micro USB which has a 5V 0.8A maximum charging port, which I cannot find an adapter for. I do have a wall charger meant for a phone that I was wondering if it’d be safe/okay to use? It has a 5V 0.7A output. (attached an image of the specs)

Also, when looking for a wall adapter, is it better to have more or less amps when you can’t find the exact one?

Attachments

• 5D87D20B-8AFC-4E00-B8E4-093C2EBB45BC.jpeg
    5D87D20B-8AFC-4E00-B8E4-093C2EBB45BC.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 5

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I’m new to vaping & just bought a Smok Stick V8 Baby kit, but I’m having trouble finding a wall adapter. It comes with a micro USB which has a 5V 0.8A maximum charging port, which I cannot find an adapter for. I do have a wall charger meant for a phone that I was wondering if it’d be safe/okay to use? It has a 5V 0.7A output. (attached an image of the specs)

Also, when looking for a wall adapter, is it better to have more or less amps when you can’t find the exact one?

For built in batteries I use a regular phone charging brick. Not sure if there's something better to use but that's what I used to do when I had those mods. Never had any issues.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @bph1234 and I hope your enjoy your stay~! From the picture your adapter shows .7A and you indicate the device is 8A max so you should be fine.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Agree with steve. You should never use a higher current wall adapter than the max charge current your mod specifies, but going lower is fine.

VU Sponsors