VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I heard about these a few years ago.. still going to be awhile before these are used in devices.. failed internal batteries are a big reason why devices get replaced so much which means that companies would lose money in the long run to provide an ever-lasting battery. Curious to see how this stuff plays out though - cool stuff regardless.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My guess is if it ever does reach the market place they would still pretty much charge you for twenty years of batteries. :)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
CRAP!...I was still impressed that my new Lipos charge in 45! Sodding technology.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is NEW tech. Not years ago. Look at date on article and press release. Supercaps were years ago. Carbon nanotube batts are in the last couple years. Supercaps charge in minutes, but the charge they hold is small compared to size, and the voltage degrades as does charge.

One can only hope that better cells reach the market. Too many of the cells we are using are old, relabeled, and near end of useable life in some cases. it is supply/demand as far as prices go. And maybe a green subsidy?

SeaVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like one of the comments in that article said "it ain't going to happen their greed wont let it happen resales"
A 20 year battery ya OK that's like Goodyear coming out with a lifetime tire. The company's live on people needing to re-buy things. Even if they did come out with such a far fetch product the cost of that little sob just wouldn't be worth it I don't think.

VU Sponsors