Become a Patron!

Changed my mind, getting the 150.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people. I was going to get an upgrade to the Sig50, but noticed that the sig 100 and 150 is not much more.

The thing that worries me is I hear of 'battery pairing' and I do not know how to do this. I can mark the batteries with coloured electrical tape so I know the pairs.

I am getting the 150 as I will probably never use it that high, maybe 100 for a bit of fun, but its cool to have the watts there so I can throw whatever I want at it.

Does this mean I need to buy new batteries for it? As I have samsung 25'rs, and the oldest is about a month and a half old, newest about one week. The other two I bought as a pair. I will buy 2 new batteries with it as my shop has the LG 3000MAH 20 AMPs in stock woop!

So, if this pairing is not too hard, I am going to fork out for the 150, if its a big malarky I will just get the 50.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I found out what it is. Feeling like an idiot it was so simple. Ordering the 150 and two pairs of batteries Saturday coming, I will probably use it around 60 watts max, any idea what battery life will be like? I will do some 'mad' builds to try it at over 100 watts, but that will not be the norm .

Kind of how most cars do 150 easy but you stick to about 80, its nice to have it there if you want it, and 120 watts of power I feel is a real upgrade over 20 extra watts lol.

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, I found out what it is. Feeling like an idiot it was so simple. Ordering the 150 and two pairs of batteries Saturday coming, I will probably use it around 60 watts max, any idea what battery life will be like?

Really, it all depends on the batteries themselves and how much of a chain vaper you are... I run my Sig 100 (OG version) with a set of paired MXJO 650s (2500 MaH), and I vary between 40-70w depending on what I'm vaping on (tank or dripper), but using the highest one (70w, Dual coil dripper, right at about 0.25ohms) I get pretty much a full day (Morning to the next morning) on them. And I routinely chain vape.

Hope this helps!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really, it all depends on the batteries themselves and how much of a chain vaper you are... I run my Sig 100 (OG version) with a set of paired MXJO 650s (2500 MaH), and I vary between 40-70w depending on what I'm vaping on (tank or dripper), but using the highest one (70w, Dual coil dripper, right at about 0.25ohms) I get pretty much a full day (Morning to the next morning) on them. And I routinely chain vape.

Hope this helps!
Thanks man, I do vape quite a lot (chain vape) but guess having two batteries and not even stressing the device should add some extra life.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One question. As it is regulated, say I did build an insane build and chose over 100 watts, in PWM, would it stress the batteries past their limit or would it be well within their capabilities? Also, does it make it capable of taking 40 amp hits, or is it still 20 with 25R's?

I ask this as I want to try to stay as safe as possible, and its likely only half of those watts will be used, although I will have to try it once on full mode with a silly build just for the fun of it and to fill my room up with as much vapour as possible. Just once, once I have done it I can return to normality lol.

EDIT: I am going to get some of them 3000MAH LG INR batteries for it, they are rated the same as the samsungs, just longer life.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Stay with the samsungs, mxjos or sony vtc4s man. They are proven winners in the sig 150s.

Marry them in pairs that get charged together and used together and all is right with the vaping universe.

Vaping_Vixen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I run VTC4's in my Sig at 50w, on heavy vaping for me (not at work) I could get nearly get 2 days out of a set. (about 55% after first day)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should I not go for the new LG batteries for it then? If I don't I'l go for the samsungs or sonys, as my local shop stocks them but not MXJO's, so I'l probably get more 25 Rs and put coloured electrical tape on pairs.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now, I am confused on the batteries. If I used 25R's, would I have a 5000MAH battery pack capable of 20 AMPS or capable of 40AMPS? Does it only increase the capacity, not the amp draw?

If this is the case, I will be getting some VTC4's from a reputable vendor, as it being a 150 watt device I want to make it as safe as possible. I am unlikely to go past 75-80 watts in reality, but I will build a few 'insane' builds just once, so I have done it and can see a real cloud. Once I have done that, I think I will be satisfied.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One question. As it is regulated, say I did build an insane build and chose over 100 watts, in PWM, would it stress the batteries past their limit or would it be well within their capabilities? Also, does it make it capable of taking 40 amp hits, or is it still 20 with 25R's?

I ask this as I want to try to stay as safe as possible, and its likely only half of those watts will be used, although I will have to try it once on full mode with a silly build just for the fun of it and to fill my room up with as much vapour as possible. Just once, once I have done it I can return to normality lol.

EDIT: I am going to get some of them 3000MAH LG INR batteries for it, they are rated the same as the samsungs, just longer life.

20 Amp batteries are good for ~72 watts. So 150 is a little much. 100, you'll be great with a pair of 25r's As far as current goes, atty current is not the same as battery current. You are not limited by the amp limit on the batteries, but rather the wattage output of the mod, AND build resistance. According to my rough calculations, if you had a 0.10 ohm build, and cranked to 150, around 38 amps would flow. But that doesn't really matter, you would likely have as much vapor @150 on a 0.50 ohm build with ~17 amps. In both cases you would be drawing slightly over the 20 amp limit on the 25r's. So if your going to see 150 regularly, VTC4's would be the best bet. IMHO!

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now, I am confused on the batteries. If I used 25R's, would I have a 5000MAH battery pack capable of 20 AMPS or capable of 40AMPS? Does it only increase the capacity, not the amp draw?

If this is the case, I will be getting some VTC4's from a reputable vendor, as it being a 150 watt device I want to make it as safe as possible. I am unlikely to go past 75-80 watts in reality, but I will build a few 'insane' builds just once, so I have done it and can see a real cloud. Once I have done that, I think I will be satisfied.
You don't need to build a super low ohm coil, just crank it. I mean maybe with some 24 gauge wire.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't need to build a super low ohm coil, just crank it. I mean maybe with some 24 gauge wire.
I am unlikely to go super low ohm, and I will crank it. I just want to know if two batteries = double the amp draw or not, or it just means double the capacity. I Currently like slightly higher builds, I am just buying it as I fancied an upgrade, and with 150 watts I can chuck pretty much anything at it.

I will mainly be running it between 15-75 watts, depending on build and what I am trying to do, like my RTA only needs 14 watts as I have a 1.8 Ohm coil in it, but I will build something with some 24G in a dripper just for some 'mad clouds' for the fun of it, but that wont be often. It is more the longer battery life that is drawing me in, plus having an extra 120 watts there is nice to know its there if I need it.

I think I may get the sonys just for the safety factor incase I do ever want to push it. Or is there another battery out there capable of 30 amps constant, with more capacity? I have heard of MXJO's? Are these genuine 35Amp batteries, or are the 2500MAH just samsung re wraps?

Last edited:

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am unlikely to go super low ohm, and I will crank it. I just want to know if two batteries = double the amp draw or not, or it just means double the capacity. I Currently like slightly higher builds, I am just buying it as I fancied an upgrade, and with 150 watts I can chuck pretty much anything at it.

I will mainly be running it between 15-75 watts, depending on build and what I am trying to do, like my RTA only needs 14 watts as I have a 1.8 Ohm coil in it, but I will build something with some 24G in a dripper just for some 'mad clouds' for the fun of it, but that wont be often. It is more the longer battery life that is drawing me in, plus having an extra 120 watts there is nice to know its there if I need it.

I think I may get the sonys just for the safety factor incase I do ever want to push it. Or is there another battery out there capable of 30 amps constant, with more capacity? I have heard of MXJO's? Are these genuine 35Amp batteries, or are the 2500MAH just samsung re wraps?

2 in series = double the voltage. same current.
2 in parallel = double the current. same voltage.
Being regulated, this is only what is happening on the battery side of the mod. The coil side is different. The regulator will trade current for voltage, and vice versa. At the expense of a little waster power that is. :D
MXJO's are 20 amp cells AFAIK....

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as they are more than enough I will get either some trusty 25R's, or some `LG HG2 3000MAH 20 amp monsters, 6000MAH would be nice.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Stay away from those MXJO batts.

Stick with batteries of known specs and quality.

And the batteries must be married pairs and never ever cheat . Make sure they are marked Set A and Set B.

I also like to swap positions in the mod. Mine are marked Set 1, battery A and battery B. If battery A was in the right hand slot when I took them out to charge, the next time I install that set, battery B goes in the Right hand slot.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As long as they are more than enough I will get either some trusty 25R's, or some `LG HG2 3000MAH 20 amp monsters, 6000MAH would be nice.
In series m8 you won't get 6000mAh double the voltage, only parallel doubles the mAh
new lg hg2's are good

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stay away from those MXJO batts.

Stick with batteries of known specs and quality.

And the batteries must be married pairs and never ever cheat . Make sure they are marked Set A and Set B.

I also like to swap positions in the mod. Mine are marked Set 1, battery A and battery B. If battery A was in the right hand slot when I took them out to charge, the next time I install that set, battery B goes in the Right hand slot.

I am going to put some red electrical tape on one set and blue on the other, so I don't get confused. First 2 weeks I will only have one paired set, payday after I will buy another.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am going to wait on the LG's until the flashlight folks publish their own test.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am going to wait on the LG's until the flashlight folks publish their own test.
Hang on its the flashlight folks who do the tests? Woops. I had a row over there about batteries, and said some vapers run tests on their batteries the same as you do. I guess I was wrong lol

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm a fan of the 25rs and the VTC4s... both great batteries. I've personally never had any issues on the MXJO's, but then again, I've only ever ran them in my regulated mods. For my mechs, its sony's all the way for me, just due to safety.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think I will ever get a mech mod, I just don't feel safe using one. Thats why I am sticking to regulated, I know I would make a dangerous mistake with a mech with no protection by accident. I'l go for a set of 25R's, they are the cheaper option than the 3000MAH, I was thinking 2 of them would be great battery life though, but I will probably get 2 25R's that are well known as safe as thats about £12 vs the £15 for a set of the 3000MAH LG's.

Last edited:

Fenris4024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To be honest, I RARELY use my mechs these days since I've gotten the really solid regulated mods now. I can build as low as I want generally, and I can always build higher and then kick the volts up for some clouds on those builds as well... These new generation of regulated mods almost make mechs obsolete**. Originally, you HAD to use a mech for any build below 1.2 ohms.... now, you can build down to 0.1 ohms on some of them? Yeah... good time to be a vaper nowadays ;)

**Granted, I still think mechs are damn sexy.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only 3 more sleeps tlll I can order just past midnight, then the long wait till tuesday for it to arrive. Feel like a big kid waiting for a birthday, even though I will never be using 150 watts its nice to have them. I'l probably need about 70 max, but its at a great price, only £5 more than the 100, so why not? I decided I am going to get 2 sets of paired batteries now on Saturday rather than later.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just placed my order. Its just gone midnight so my money was in my account, I got the sig 150 with a pair of 25R's and a pair of VTC4's for when I wanna get silly. Going to get more 25R's though, and one spare set of the vtc's in the future, but most of the time the 25R can well handle 80 watts with ease, and I doubt I will go over that often, so the VTC's are for rare occasions when I want to fill my room up (small room, can be done as I managed it with the 30, just a lot easier with 150 watts there lol).

Now just the long wait till tuesday when its delivered.

VU Sponsors