Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How often should i change the wicks
(Cotton) of my rda/rta?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change my cotton every couple days. Just do a visual inspection, if the cotton looks rough and the coils are gunky, dry burn (don't dry burn if you are using Ni200) and change your cotton. Also, go by taste, if its funky then change it out.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it depends, for me I change when they're getting nasty or when changing flavors if the flavors are dissimilar. Cotton is cheap and wicking doesn't take but a minute if that.

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
my rta's I rewick every fourth tank, my rda's I kind of go by eye.. I use 316L and TC so I can vape the wicks dry on my drippers, that tends to prolong the life of them.. in my personal experience anyway

iki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my rta's I rewick every fourth tank, my rda's I kind of go by eye.. I use 316L and TC so I can vape the wicks dry on my drippers, that tends to prolong the life of them.. in my personal experience anyway

Me too bro.. Me too

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I change my cotton every couple days. Just do a visual inspection, if the cotton looks rough and the coils are gunky, dry burn (don't dry burn if you are using Ni200) and change your cotton. Also, go by taste, if its funky then change it out.
Um, make sure you pull the cotton out before you dry burn !!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I do a dry burn after every two tanks and I change out the wick at the same time.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also if you're using Ti 1, don't dry fire the coil past it turning just slightly blue. If you fire it red hot, it's unsafe to vape with.

Um, make sure you pull the cotton out before you dry burn !!!

Yeah, that would be nasty!

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I dry burn every time I rewick. Used same kanthal coils for nearly a year doing that (and they're still fine, just haven't been using that RDA lately)

VU Sponsors