Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
About 6 weeks ago, I received the new Cerabis 44 and 45 Ceramic Coil tanks for review courtesy of Cera Vape.

What makes these tanks unique is that at their heart is a patented cottonless ceramic coil made of high strength nanometer ceramic material.

I will discuss these unique coils later in my review.

Let's start with the Cerabis 44 tank.

http://www.onlineshop.ceravape.com/tanks/cerabis-44.html

GetFileAttachment

Right out of the box, and after fooling around with it for a few minutes, I was extremely impressed by the machining and construction of the tank. Not to mention the unique Pull Up to Vape and Push Down to stop/store Anti-Leak feature.

Which I can tell you does work in both the 44 and 45 tank model. Not a single drop of E-Liquid has escaped during my testing.

The 44 is a Nano or what CeraVape calls a "Baby" tank which holds 2.0 Ml of
E-Liquid. Dimensions are 22 X 44 MM and is constructed of Stainless Steel and Pyrex and is available in Stainless Steel or Black Finish. This is a top fill tank with a widely adjustable bottom airflow control suitable for both Mouth to Lung and Direct to Lung use. The tank is supplied with a "Chuff" type drip tip or you can replace with your own favorite.

It comes in a nice plastic case and includes the tank with pre-installed 0.5 Ohm coil, I spare 1.0 Ohm coil, 1 replacement glass, 6 O-Rings and user manual.

Now onto the Cerabis 45 Tank.

http://www.onlineshop.ceravape.com/tanks/cerabis-45.html

GetFileAttachment

The Cerabis 45 tank is a slightly different beast. It has a side fill mechanism and a 2.5 ML tank with slightly larger dimension of 22 X 45 MM. Still constructed of Stainless Steel and Pyrex with the "Chuff" type drip tip you can replace with your own drip tip and comes in a plastic case containing the tank with pre-installed 0.5 Ohm coil, I spare 1.0 Ohm coil, 1 replacement glass, 6 O-Rings and user manual.

Now onto the actual review.

Both of these tanks, vape exactly the same as they both depend on the patented cottonless ceramic coils to produce vapor and flavor and are available in 0.5 and 1.0 Ohms.

The suggested wattage range for the 0.5 Ohm coil is 40 - 60 Watts and for the 1.0 Ohm coil 25 - 50 Watts.

http://www.onlineshop.ceravape.com/coil-heads/cerabis-44-45-coils.html

GetFileAttachment

As I have said, as they vape exactly the same, I am going to concentrate on the Cerabis 44 simply because I prefer the top filling method. The side fill on the Cerabis 45 while it worked, it needed a lot of effort to the the filling port open and closed. even if it worked perfectly, I have never met a side fill tank that I really liked.
Anyway, I simply removed the top cap of the 44 (with the factory installed 0.50 Ohm coil and filled with my standard 50/50 PG/VG mix at 6mg of nic.

I started out at my standard 25 watts and not much happened. Got up to 35 watts and it started to put out some pretty good flavor and vapor. Finally got it up to about 45 watts and I found my "Happy Place"
The flavor is absolutely "Clean" and even with my 50/50 blend it put out some respectable vapor.

But I shortly found out that the higher than normal wattage (for me anyway) and the small size of the tank combined made the exterior of the tank heat up rather quickly when chain vaped. To the point where the tank became uncomfortable to the touch. Switching to the 1.0 Ohm coil at 32 Watts seemed to alleviate this to a certain extent.

By the way, switching the coils is easy, just unscrew the base of the tank, screw out the old coil and screw in the new one and screw the base back onto the tank.

Now the coils themselves are really something special. I am a fairly heavy vaper and with other factory made coils, in the past I have been lucky to get between 5 to 10 days of use before having to scrap them and purchase a new coil. These I get about 6 days out of before I start to get a decline in flavor and vapor.

But since these are ceramic and don't contain cotton they can be cleaned!

The recommended method of doing so, is to give the coil a good rinse, then I put the coil into a small pot filled with distilled water (you can do this with more than one coil at a time) bring the water to a full boil for about 2 minutes, fish out the coils when the water cools a bit and wipe dry.

Then put them back in the tank, do a brief dry burn and they ready to go again. Not 100% like new but at least 90%

But I decided to take things a bit further.

I decided to get out my E-Liquids that I call my "Coil Cloggers" Tobacco, Coffee and Chocolate flavors. All dark in color.

I vaped these in rotation for about 5 days and then boiled and dry burned as before.

But this time, I took the coil, put it in an ultrasonic cleaner filled with distilled water under a upside down shot glass and gave it a 10 minute cleaning cycle.

At the end of that time, I could see that the color of the water under the shotglass was on the slightly dingy side of things.

I wiped the coil dry, did a dry burn and back to almost as good as new.

One more things about the coils, when you are changing flavors, a quick rinse or wipe down of the coil and tank and a dry burn and you can hop between very different flavors without issues.

SUMMATION And Conclusions...................................

Both the Cerabis 44 and 45 tanks vape the same. Very NIcely.

They do not leak.

Exceptional Airflow Control

The Cerabis 45 has issues with the stiffness of the side fill mechanism that need to be resolved.

Due to the small size of the tanks and the higher wattages needed to drive the coils, both tanks will get very warm to the touch with chain vaping.

Due to the higher wattages needed to drive the coils, these devices are not well suited to single battery devices. I would suggest dual, triple or even quadruple battery devices.

All of that being said, they do provide a very "Clean" flavor and a good amount of vapor. With proper care and cleaning, the coils will last you a good long time. My original coils are still working.

The coils do seem to benefit from a minute or two of priming.

And lastly, I would like to see a new generation of tanks that will hold a minimum of 3.5 ML of E-Liquid if not more.

Overall, if you are looking for a smaller tank capable of providing both good flavor and vapor and are looking for a topper that uses replaceable coils that will last a good long time with proper care and cleaning, the CeraVape Cerabis tanks may well be worth your consideration.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Very nice review!
for some reason though the images aren't showing up for me

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About 6 weeks ago, I received the new Cerabis 44 and 45 Ceramic Coil tanks for review courtesy of Cera Vape.

What makes these tanks unique is that at their heart is a patented cottonless ceramic coil made of high strength nanometer ceramic material.

I will discuss these unique coils later in my review.

Let's start with the Cerabis 44 tank.

http://www.onlineshop.ceravape.com/tanks/cerabis-44.html

GetFileAttachment

Right out of the box, and after fooling around with it for a few minutes, I was extremely impressed by the machining and construction of the tank. Not to mention the unique Pull Up to Vape and Push Down to stop/store Anti-Leak feature.

Which I can tell you does work in both the 44 and 45 tank model. Not a single drop of E-Liquid has escaped during my testing.

The 44 is a Nano or what CeraVape calls a "Baby" tank which holds 2.0 Ml of
E-Liquid. Dimensions are 22 X 44 MM and is constructed of Stainless Steel and Pyrex and is available in Stainless Steel or Black Finish. This is a top fill tank with a widely adjustable bottom airflow control suitable for both Mouth to Lung and Direct to Lung use. The tank is supplied with a "Chuff" type drip tip or you can replace with your own favorite.

It comes in a nice plastic case and includes the tank with pre-installed 0.5 Ohm coil, I spare 1.0 Ohm coil, 1 replacement glass, 6 O-Rings and user manual.

Now onto the Cerabis 45 Tank.

http://www.onlineshop.ceravape.com/tanks/cerabis-45.html

GetFileAttachment

The Cerabis 45 tank is a slightly different beast. It has a side fill mechanism and a 2.5 ML tank with slightly larger dimension of 22 X 45 MM. Still constructed of Stainless Steel and Pyrex with the "Chuff" type drip tip you can replace with your own drip tip and comes in a plastic case containing the tank with pre-installed 0.5 Ohm coil, I spare 1.0 Ohm coil, 1 replacement glass, 6 O-Rings and user manual.

Now onto the actual review.

Both of these tanks, vape exactly the same as they both depend on the patented cottonless ceramic coils to produce vapor and flavor and are available in 0.5 and 1.0 Ohms.

The suggested wattage range for the 0.5 Ohm coil is 40 - 60 Watts and for the 1.0 Ohm coil 25 - 50 Watts.

http://www.onlineshop.ceravape.com/coil-heads/cerabis-44-45-coils.html

GetFileAttachment

As I have said, as they vape exactly the same, I am going to concentrate on the Cerabis 44 simply because I prefer the top filling method. The side fill on the Cerabis 45 while it worked, it needed a lot of effort to the the filling port open and closed. even if it worked perfectly, I have never met a side fill tank that I really liked.
Anyway, I simply removed the top cap of the 44 (with the factory installed 0.50 Ohm coil and filled with my standard 50/50 PG/VG mix at 6mg of nic.

I started out at my standard 25 watts and not much happened. Got up to 35 watts and it started to put out some pretty good flavor and vapor. Finally got it up to about 45 watts and I found my "Happy Place"
The flavor is absolutely "Clean" and even with my 50/50 blend it put out some respectable vapor.

But I shortly found out that the higher than normal wattage (for me anyway) and the small size of the tank combined made the exterior of the tank heat up rather quickly when chain vaped. To the point where the tank became uncomfortable to the touch. Switching to the 1.0 Ohm coil at 32 Watts seemed to alleviate this to a certain extent.

By the way, switching the coils is easy, just unscrew the base of the tank, screw out the old coil and screw in the new one and screw the base back onto the tank.

Now the coils themselves are really something special. I am a fairly heavy vaper and with other factory made coils, in the past I have been lucky to get between 5 to 10 days of use before having to scrap them and purchase a new coil. These I get about 6 days out of before I start to get a decline in flavor and vapor.

But since these are ceramic and don't contain cotton they can be cleaned!

The recommended method of doing so, is to give the coil a good rinse, then I put the coil into a small pot filled with distilled water (you can do this with more than one coil at a time) bring the water to a full boil for about 2 minutes, fish out the coils when the water cools a bit and wipe dry.

Then put them back in the tank, do a brief dry burn and they ready to go again. Not 100% like new but at least 90%

But I decided to take things a bit further.

I decided to get out my E-Liquids that I call my "Coil Cloggers" Tobacco, Coffee and Chocolate flavors. All dark in color.

I vaped these in rotation for about 5 days and then boiled and dry burned as before.

But this time, I took the coil, put it in an ultrasonic cleaner filled with distilled water under a upside down shot glass and gave it a 10 minute cleaning cycle.

At the end of that time, I could see that the color of the water under the shotglass was on the slightly dingy side of things.

I wiped the coil dry, did a dry burn and back to almost as good as new.

One more things about the coils, when you are changing flavors, a quick rinse or wipe down of the coil and tank and a dry burn and you can hop between very different flavors without issues.

SUMMATION And Conclusions...................................

Both the Cerabis 44 and 45 tanks vape the same. Very NIcely.

They do not leak.

Exceptional Airflow Control

The Cerabis 45 has issues with the stiffness of the side fill mechanism that need to be resolved.

Due to the small size of the tanks and the higher wattages needed to drive the coils, both tanks will get very warm to the touch with chain vaping.

Due to the higher wattages needed to drive the coils, these devices are not well suited to single battery devices. I would suggest dual, triple or even quadruple battery devices.

All of that being said, they do provide a very "Clean" flavor and a good amount of vapor. With proper care and cleaning, the coils will last you a good long time. My original coils are still working.

The coils do seem to benefit from a minute or two of priming.

And lastly, I would like to see a new generation of tanks that will hold a minimum of 3.5 ML of E-Liquid if not more.

Overall, if you are looking for a smaller tank capable of providing both good flavor and vapor and are looking for a topper that uses replaceable coils that will last a good long time with proper care and cleaning, the CeraVape Cerabis tanks may well be worth your consideration.

I would give these a shot...but honestly I don't trust the chinese, and I am nervous about what the use to make their ceramic.....

Benny Flavorman

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would give these a shot...but honestly I don't trust the chinese, and I am nervous about what the use to make their ceramic.....

The material used to make the ceramic was disclosed to me to be: clay, quartz and "some oxide". They use a hardening process called "sintering", and the ceramic is extremely sturdy. It stood up to me throwing it against my tile floor as hard as I could..

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The material used to make the ceramic was disclosed to me to be: clay, quartz and "some oxide". They use a hardening process called "sintering", and the ceramic is extremely sturdy. It stood up to me throwing it against my tile floor as hard as I could..
I sure couldn't break it by hand lol not for lack of trying

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one bad coil....which turned out to be a bent lead that shorted to the side of the tank. Straightened it out and away it fired..
.very durable from all I csn tell. I would love to test out another!

I have not bought coils for mine. It is about out now. I would be willing to bet that I vaped a solid 40mls of juice before the flavor fizzled out and replaced coil.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Benny Flavorman

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had one bad coil....which turned out to be a bent lead that shorted to the side of the tank. Straightened it out and away it fired..
.very durable from all I csn tell. I would love to test out another!

I have not bought coils for mine. It is about out now. I would be willing to bet that I vaped a solid 40mls of juice before the flavor fizzled out and replaced coil.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don't forget that you can do a dry burn after boiling(<~ boiling is optional) to bring the coil back to life!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
clay,quartz and "some Oxide" doesn't tell me much, besides the same people who fed poisonous baby formula to their own people don't really impart too much trust to me.

Benny Flavorman

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
clay,quartz and "some Oxide" doesn't tell me much, besides the same people who fed poisonous baby formula to their own people don't really impart too much trust to me.

Fair enough.

(btw I'm not from China- I'm just a guy in the U.S.A. who managed to get a job with them)

VU Sponsors