Become a Patron!

Celebrity Deathwatch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is clinging to life in a Los Angeles hospital, according to TMZ. An earlier LAPD report which confirmed the singer's death, and which CBS reported, has since been clarified.

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn’t see that one coming ! Very sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait just heard he ain’t dead ! He is still alive !

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Tom Petty - American Girl

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
The Traveling Wilbuys - The End Of the Line

Arthur

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though it was announced earlier that Tom Petty died at the age of 66, new reports indicate he is still alive but clinging to life.

UPDATE: TMZ is now reporting that Petty is still alive. They write, “Sources tell us at 10:30 Monday morning a chaplain was called to Tom’s hospital room. We’re told the family has a do not resuscitate order on Tom. The singer is not expected to live throughout the day, but he’s still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer’s death is inaccurate — the L.A. County Sheriff’s Dept. handled the emergency.”

UPDATE: CBS News has clarified its earlier statement that Petty had died: “Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is clinging to life in a Los Angeles hospital, according to TMZ. An earlier LAPD report which confirmed the singer’s death, and which CBS reported, has since been clarified.”

Petty was reported to have been found unconscious in full cardiac arrest last night. According to TMZ, Petty was rushed to the hospital after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest at his Malibu home.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes the report he was dead was a mistake. He’s in bad shape but not dead

So massive premature grieving?

From what I read grieving can resume tomorrow?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Saw him at the Hollywood Bowl during the Greatest Hits tour and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Very saddened.
Oh, agreed! A friend scored great seats for a show here back in the late 90's. Had security not been a thing, I'd have been able to touch him, but settled for a smile. Mostly. ;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ralphie May. Rip ya fat bastard made me laugh nearly as hard as Sam Kinson.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Saddest yet: FATS DOMINO

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Omg I just saw...
Poor Lucille... The man was a genius! Im thankful to have had the opportunity to see him perform numerous times.

This is truly sad

BAM crew

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought it was Christine and Stephen King?
No clue.
I've never been a big Steven King fan.
Now Miley Cyrus on the other hand...Pardon me while I get some (Lulu)

61RzxMTQMNL.jpg

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From the AC/DC Facebook page:

It is with deepest sorrow that we inform you of the death of Malcolm Young, beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother. Malcolm had been suffering from Dementia for several years and passed away peacefully with his family by his bedside.

Renowned for his musical prowess Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many. From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans.

Malcolm is survived by his loving wife O'Linda, children Cara and Ross, son-in-law Josh, three grandchildren, sister and brother.

While thanking all for their overwhelming support and heartfelt condolences, the family ask that you respect their privacy during this time of heartbreak and grief.

For those wishing to send messages to the family please visit the Sydney Morning Herald Malcolm Young Memorial website which will be available next week.

The family have asked instead of flowers to send donations to The Salvation Army.

VU Sponsors