Become a Patron!

CBSA (Canada Customs) Question...

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fellow Canucks!

I brought in some juice from Yaeliq a month and a half ago and didn't have any problems, sailed right on through customs without a pause.

My recent order has been sitting with customs now for the past 24 days, that is where the Canada Post tracking has stalled at. Has this happened to anyone else? Do they update the status to seized or refused etc at some point or does the tracking just die off?

I don't want to call about it with a tracking number, raise an issue and possibly have it returned or seized. The post office has no answer as they just hand off the parcels to the CBSA and continue with them when released.

Cheers!

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really order juice from the states, but the longest I've waited was 2 or 3 weeks. through customs. They shouldn't have refused or seized it. They would rather snake you out of the $. So they would tax it as tobacco products. I would call/email customs with some concern for a 'lost' package that was last tracked to them. In the likely situation they forgot about it, they should rush it through.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't really order juice from the states, but the longest I've waited was 2 or 3 weeks. through customs. They shouldn't have refused or seized it. They would rather snake you out of the $. So they would tax it as tobacco products. I would call/email customs with some concern for a 'lost' package that was last tracked to them. In the likely situation they forgot about it, they should rush it through.
Thanks Mark, I'll do just that and see what happens!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I just contacted the CBSA, the woman who answered looked up the tracking number and told me the package was in "Secondary" whatever that means. Probably that it is going to be opened and examined. She asked what was in the package and I told here it was flavorings for an e-cigarette. She then informed me that if there was any nicotine in these flavorings, they are not allowed to be imported...

She said they are a month behind in their processing and if it is refused I will get a letter in the mail.

I think the call flagged the package unfortunately, she was typing as I told here the contents. She probably put a big "Check For Nicotine" on the tracking record.

We'll see in a few weeks how it tuns out, not looking too hopeful. :(

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I just contacted the CBSA, the woman who answered looked up the tracking number and told me the package was in "Secondary" whatever that means. Probably that it is going to be opened and examined. She asked what was in the package and I told here it was flavorings for an e-cigarette. She then informed me that if there was any nicotine in these flavorings, they are not allowed to be imported...

She said they are a month behind in their processing and if it is refused I will get a letter in the mail.

I think the call flagged the package unfortunately, she was typing as I told here the contents. She probably put a big "Check For Nicotine" on the tracking record.

We'll see in a few weeks how it tuns out, not looking too hopeful. :(
They are always a month behind. Even when I worked at Canada post 10 years ago, they were always a month behind.

I doubt they will refuse it, but when they open it, there's immediately a handling fee. Then they will probably tax it, I think around 20%, but don't quote me on that.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They are always a month behind. Even when I worked at Canada post 10 years ago, they were always a month behind.

I doubt they will refuse it, but when they open it, there's immediately a handling fee. Then they will probably tax it, I think around 20%, but don't quote me on that.
Fingers Crossed!

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
When there's Manufacturers like Fogged out Vapes, vjuice and The Vaporist at decent prices I see no reason to risk it, I've lost juice before which sucked but the one that really sucked was when they removed all the lids, stuck 1 nicotine testing strip into all the bottles and ruined the flavors...

VU Sponsors