Become a Patron!

CBC News: E-cigarettes banned in India

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
From CBC News in Canada:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/india-bans-e-cigarettes-1.5287953

It looks like the potential for 106 million smokers to switch to e-cigs has just gone up in smoke.

106 million smokers.

Second most in the world only to China.

And this is no flavor ban. This is the ban of production, import, & sale of e-cigs punishable by up to a year in jail for first time offenders.

Up to 3 years for repeat offenders.

Can you imagine spending a year in jail just for using e-cigarettes once?

Guys, this is getting really ridiculous.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been to India. It's the dirtiest place I've seen and I've been to many, many countries. Half the population of 1.3 billion shit and piss outside everyday due to no access to a toilet. Most people in Bombay are running low grade dysentery due to all the shit in their drinking water. You'd think they'd want anything that could help their people to be healthier.

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hard to believe vaping is more dangerous than being on or anywhere near the roadways there. Have you seen how these people drive???!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
42 million vapers in India. 1/2 or more of all vapers worldwide.
Hardware will likely get expensive for the rest of us.

The same day, Indian Tobacco Company's shares increased by 5%, reaching highest level in 12 months...

Thanks very much to Vic youtuber for bringing the attention to this problem. But, his figures are totally wrong! 42 million might be an estimation for the whole world (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/19/world/asia/india-vaping-ban-e-cigarettes.html). I don't think there's any serious estimation about the number of vapers in India. We are very few in proportion of the population, probably less than a million. This whole "epidemic" argument is just to scare people.

VU Sponsors