Become a Patron!

Cascade Tank - Vaporesso

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Cascade Tank from Vaporesso. The Cascade Tank was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gina from Vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-atomizers...-vape-tank

In the Box

Contents:

1x Cascade Tank
1x GTM-2 Coil 0.4ohm (40W-80W)
1x GTM-8 Coil 0.15ohm (Pre-installed) (80W-200W)
1x GT Coil Adapter
1x Replacement Glass Tube
1x User Manual
Spare O-Rings

Aesthetics

The Casdade is a big, beefy solid tank with quite a bit of weight behind it. The diameter at the base is 25mm but the top section bulges out to increase the capacity and it's the tank it'self that goes wider, the glass is straight. The base has a black insulation layer which has safety marks and branding printed on in white. The glass section only takes up about 25% of the tank but due to it's wide diameter and narrow air pipe this section holds approximately 5ml of the 7ml capacity, so once the liquid level goes below where you can view it then it's about the perfect time to re-fill.The lower section of the tank is smooth and has "vaporesso" printed on, this section is the coil area. The airflow is tri cyclops with stopper and has very heavy texturing which helps with grip. The top section steps back to the 25mm diameter and is smooth in appearance. The delrin drip tip almost has a 810 appearance but actually is a 510 which at first didn't make much sense as this is a high powered tank but when looking at the diameter of the air pipe a wide bore 510 matches the diameter. All the machining is of the highest quality and the threading is top-notch. I received the Stainless Steel version, it is also available in Black, Blue and Rainbow.

Specs:

Size: 60.5 x 24mm
Capacity: 7ml
Material: stainless steel
Coil: GTM-2 Coil 0.4ohm (40W-80W) / GTM-8 Coil 0.15ohm (80W-200W)
Isolation structure separates coil and juice chamber
Balanced triangular adjustable bottom airflow
EUC style coil replacement system
Full range coil options (25W-200W)
Slide-n-Fill design
Replaceable e-juice filling hole rubber
Colours: Stainless Steel, Blue, Black, Rainbow

Assembling and disassembling

The Cascade has many parts to it due to keeping the liquid and coil sections separate but actually comes to bits and can be put back together very easily due to the quality threading. The tank is top-fill and the top just gets pushed to one side revealing the fill port, when closing you can hear a slight click as it locks back into place.

The coils

The coils are just plug in (more and more tanks are using this method), simply unscrew the bottom section, then pop your coil in and screw back up. The Cascade also comes with a GT adaptor so you can use the GT range of coils in it. Simply screw the GT coil into the adaptor which now in-cases it around the sides and base turning it into a GTM plug in coil, now you treat it like the supplied GTM coils and fit it into the tank using the same simple method.

The Cascade Method

Between the glass section and the bottom section which is the coil area there is a metal plate separating them, this plate has slots around the perimeter so as you use the small amount of liquid around the coil while you vape the liquid cascades down via these slots to replace it. The idea is that the liquid in the top section stays quite cool when vaping at high wattages keeping the overall temperature of the vape and tank down.

Performance

I must admit when the Cascade arrived i thought another high wattage tank with very little flavour to review. Recently i reviewed the Fireluke Pro and Smok Prince and both i would only use if i was to get an RBA deck for them as i am not into high wattage or vaping with little flavour. The Cascade surprised me, yes of course it gave dense thick cloud but both supplied coils gave really good flavour and when using the 0.15 coil at 110w the tank and vape was much cooler than in previous tanks i have tried at that wattage. The pre-installed GTM-8 0.15 coil has a rating of 80w - 200w, the highest i tried was 130w which is higher than I've vaped before and even at this wattage it gave good flavour but was a bit too warm for me, but at 110w it was a nice flavoursome vape (The first time I've enjoyed vaping at over 100w). The other coil you receive is the GTM-2 0.40 coil rated at 40w - 80w and i found this best at 55w (more my vaping norm) and it gave great flavour. Getting the GT adaptor with the Cascade is a great bonus as there are many GT coils with all sorts of wattage levels making the Cascade a very versatile tank. I can only assume the good flavour at high wattage is down to a combination of the tank staying cool, the domed inner housing with narrow air pipe and the tri airflow giving more even air coverage.

Pros

Great Machining
Good threading
High Quality
GT Adaptor Included
Cascade System
Great flavour, Good flavour even at high wattage's
Dense Cloud
Tri Airflow
Large Capacity

Cons

Might be too bulky for some people

Conclusion

High quality, high wattage sub-ohm tank which is very versatile and has high juice capacity. The Cascade also shows cloud chasers can also enjoy good flavour from a sub-ohm tank.

I would once again like to thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying the Cascade tank for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-atomizers...-vape-tank

Last edited:

VU Sponsors