Become a Patron!

Capella - Fudge Brownie

Cloudbursting

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like Cake Batter, this is one flavor that's getting a lot of bad reviews.

However, like Cake Batter, I am loving it, and here's why:

I whipped up a simple Capella recipe - %4 Fudge Brownie, %4 Peanut Butter, and %2 Marshmellow.

I was initially thinking more along the lines of a Peanut Butter Cup (which was the title of the recipe), but I didn't get that really...

What I got, at first, was the cooked, side-of-the-pan, toasted brownie that some people really enjoy. Yes, even at 4%, the Fudge Brownie did an old fashioned "burnt up!" once vaped, but not in any sort of unpleasant way. No gunking on the coil, no burnt hair taste... how it replicated the parts of a fresh-cooked brownie that was touching the side of the pan was startling. Toasty, cooked, and not in the least unpleasant.

At first, it threw me for a loop because a lot of chocolate vapes burn and taste awful. I thought that in a few more puffs, the coil would be done for. The complete opposite happened - as I kept vaping it, it kept getting better and better, it really kept tasting so natural, and the more I vaped it, the more the peanut butter kept adding tiny notes of cooked, woody walnut.

Now, that's not to say the gooey chocolate was there, and the texture might need a little cake fluff. But especially depending on how I exhaled - more through the nose or mouth or both - this recipe is one unique ADV, and it's nothing like one would expect. It's sort of an almost tobacco-like vape. With real tobacco, if you smoke a cigarette for the first time, initially it's like "what is this!?" and then it becomes good. The same is a shocking conclusion here.

I can't really put it down because the Fudge Brownie aspect is interesting. Yes, it does suffer the "burnt" aspect that chocolates do, and I'm sure my SubTank at 40 watts isn't helping that. But this flavoring? The reason I enjoy Capella is that even when their flavorings seem to become toasted in the transition between flavor and vapor, they remain quite delicious and it doesn't overpower anything. It's like how I love the peppery effect of when Vanilla Custard is vaped a little too hot.

The result of this flavor may throw off those looking for a gooey fudge brownie - and who knows, you may get that in a dripper or lower-power vape. But on my SubTank, it's a very toasted brownie, one that's broken down to the simple flavor that vapor obviously gives. I can see where some folks describe it as tasting like dirt, but to me, it's nothing like that, especially with a few knick-knack flavors added in. I'm really enjoying this one!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like Cap's Fudge Brownie too and just mixed up some of your recipe to try out, is it a shake n vape or a definite steeper?

I had made up a Brownie Sunday using it and other flavors including Cap VBIC. It was tasty as a shake n vape but I gave the rest to a friend so don't know how it steeped as he vaped it all right away. In that mix the Brownie was at 3%, I think the people who hate it are probably using too much, it is a strong flavor.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I'll need some convincing on this one. According to willmc, "chocolate fudge brownie........ taste like a big pile of dirt." It's on his "least favorite" list.

Yeah, you could say it's had some less-than-stellar reviews.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using the V2 version, was willmc commenting on the original version? Never tried the original my-self but the V2 tastes just like a fudge brownie to me.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tried his recipe after after about 16 hours of steep, it is not bad. I am getting a nice light peanut butter which is the dominate flavor, not a lot of brownie but maybe that will be more pronounced with more steep time.

Here is the Brownie Sundae I made but like I mentioned earlier I only tried a tank and the rest went to my friend who vaped it all:

Fudge Brownie V2 (cap) 3%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Cap) 7%
Sweet Cream (cap) 4%
Milk Chocolate (INW) 1%
Peanuts (INW) 1%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (cap) 2%

I have to whip up another batch and try it again but it was tasty.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, mjag! I really don't know whether willmc's "review" was of one version or the other. It made the flavoring seem unappealing and, it was willmc! I imagine he's too wrapped up in the move to comment but he may eventually do so. Thanks for sharing the recipe; it's on the long list. :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a very strong flavor, but actually quite pleasant and true to taste if mixed with creams.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fudge brownie + vanilla bean ice cream + a touch of vanilla swirl....mmmmm! Lol!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'll check. You know I've got both FA chocs plus INW Chocolate Cream. I kinda bought a ton of Hangsen; I'll have to see if I got any chocs. Maybe there'e a place for Cap.

Sheesh.,who'm I tallkin' to here. My collection pales in comparison to yours, Teresa. Even at that. what I need is improved storage, not more flavors. But I'm workin' on it! :)

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
. what I need is improved storage, not more flavors.

Tell me about it.... I have a 500 desk (which I though was ridiculous) stocked with 1000$ or more of flavors/VGPG/Nic/Bottles.. and... and ..and.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tell me about it.... I have a 500 desk (which I though was ridiculous) stocked with 1000$ or more of flavors/VGPG/Nic/Bottles.. and... and ..and.

Forgive me, but would you mind sharing how it came about that you obtained this stocked with flavors? And you were just posting about buying more ... yep, yer one of us. :)

And, for the love of gawd, how about pictures?!? :D

It sounds fabulous!

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Forgive me, but would you mind sharing how it came about that you obtained this stocked with flavors? And you were just posting about buying more ... yep, yer one of us.
And, for the love of gawd, how about pictures?!?
It sounds fabulous!
*Scratch all over.. I cant stop. O.O lol

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
This sounds like a great recipe. What brands of juices did you use?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just tried his recipe after after about 16 hours of steep, it is not bad. I am getting a nice light peanut butter which is the dominate flavor, not a lot of brownie but maybe that will be more pronounced with more steep time.

Here is the Brownie Sundae I made but like I mentioned earlier I only tried a tank and the rest went to my friend who vaped it all:

Fudge Brownie V2 (cap) 3%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Cap) 7%
Sweet Cream (cap) 4%
Milk Chocolate (INW) 1%
Peanuts (INW) 1%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (cap) 2%

I have to whip up another batch and try it again but it was tasty.

I think this is the final, @vape me. Have fun!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just remembered this thread and have about 3 weeks steep time on the OP's recipe and it is pretty good. I am getting a chocolate/peanut butter brownie with just enough sweetness which I like. I like it better than my Brownie Sunday, I think I need to drop the Vanilla Whipped Cream and add Marshmallow for just a little extra sweetness. Actually keeping it more simple like the OP's recipe might yield better results, just brownie, VB Ice Cream and some Marshmallow sounds like it might be a winner.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
+1 vote for fudge brownie picked up a 4oz bottle on black Fri for 10.75$ couldnt pass it up.

VU Sponsors