Become a Patron!

Cant stop coughing, not sure what changed

I am new to the forums, but not new to vaping. I am currently on a tugboat clone mech mod (dual battery parallel), .4 dual coil 26g on tugboat clone rda.

Recently my sigelei broke, leaving me on a single battery mech mod. I was vaping at an average of 90 watts on .3 coils and 24g kanthal on the sigelei so obviously I went down on my wattage with the single mech.

Fast forward 3 weeks to current day, I am vaping the above mentioned tugboat set up. Cannot stop coughing for the life of me. I started using this thing with .2 dual 24gauge coils, coughed while vaping. Moved down to a .4 dual 26 gauge coils, coughing still. Switched juices from vape wild wrecking ball to vape wild prof slytherin. Still cough.

According to my calculation, a .4 parallel coil set up on about 4 volts is only 40 watts. Still coughing.

Switched back to my velocity clone with same coil set up, still coughing.

I have been vaping the same juices for several months now without issue, I did change from 3mg to 1.5 last week, vaped 30ml of wrecking ball at 1.5mg without a cough.

Need help trying to figure this out, hopefully it is just a temporary thing with the nicotine difference, Thanks

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It might be the difference with nic levels, or you might have the beginnings of a cold or respiratory tract infection. It's that time of year...

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I would expect more coughing with the higher nicotine. As long as the juice itself hasn't been changed, I have to agree with, you might have some respiratory infection.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sick and higher nic - I agree these are the likeliest culprits...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know how long you've been vaping,but I vaped for close to a year before I had to face the fact I was sensitive to PG...and for me it was cumulative.My reaction to PG got stronger as it built up inmy system.I just lived with the idea that vaping would give my a slight hack and irritate my sinuses slightly eventually it got more and more intense...I went through a process of eliminating things in my juice....first sucralose, and then PG...I went from 70%PG down to 50% PG and that helped,but eventually I vaped at 20% PG.....the other effects was a physical lethargy and body aches...the onther thing could be your flavorings....I love mango e juice, but it bugs me....some people are allergic to mango as it posses a compound on it's outer skin that is the same as posion ivy....I love Naturally Extracted Tobacco e juices, but there are some tobacco juices I can't vape....I don't know if it's the variety of the tobacco or perhaps some chemical used in it's production...my first tendency would be to try a high VG juice and see how it effects the coughing.

Thanks for the replies, I actually went down from 3mg to 1.5mg.

Second, I am vaping 80% vg, and have been since I went to an rda several months ago. I have been vaping for 4 months and it has become my hobby, I am pretty upset I cannot vape without coughing. Weirdly I only cough on exhale, and its the exact cough I get when I accidentally hit my rda wrong or when I first started and had the wattage too high on my segelie.

I thought a cold might be possible, but over the week I would have expected it to progress or get worse. I do not cough when I do not vape either.

I went ahead and emailed vapewild to see what they think, meanwhile I am going to go back to vaping some older flavors of 3mg I have sitting around that never made me cough.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try easing up on the vaping and drinking more water.You might try vaping something light in flavor and maybe something menthol might help.

I chain vape like a mofo, lol. Sometimes each breathe is a vape filled one. Me and menthol do not get along and I flavor boost everything I order. Guess I could change a few things.

Since my last post I went back to a 3mg flavor with 65vg and have almost completely stopped coughing. Maybe my vg level is bothering me on low nic?

Thanks for the help.

great, I have 120mls of this stuff. Maybe I can buy some 50/50 and dilute it down. Do not want to keep wasting money.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I chain vape like a mofo, lol. Sometimes each breathe is a vape filled one. Me and menthol do not get along and I flavor boost everything I order. Guess I could change a few things.

Since my last post I went back to a 3mg flavor with 65vg and have almost completely stopped coughing. Maybe my vg level is bothering me on low nic?
it's kind or rare, but I've met a guy....... who actually is a juice maker and he is allergic to VG.......

VU Sponsors