Become a Patron!

Can't get the same flavor from different build and same RTA and Juice!

ziadtorkey

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone

I have SMOK G Priv 2, Griffin 22m. I have a build with dual Hybrid Alpha Braid coil from geekvape and bacon cotton v2.

I was vaping Secret Sauce Grape (32 watts) and the flavor was amazing. Now i don't have any more of this coils (Hybrid Alpha Braid).

I have purchased Kanthal A1 24g and bacon cotton (same cotton used before), but I'm not able to achieve the same flavor i was getting from the hybrid coils! The flavor is muted with a little bit of sour taste to it.

My current build is simple 5 wraps dual coils with bacon cotton. I'm not complaining about leaking or dry hits or anything, it is just FLAVOR!!

Thanks for you support in advance ;)

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The problem is most likely that the new coils you are making have less surface area than the braid coils you had before. I would suggest using the 24g KA1 that you have to make a coil with similar surface area.

Try making it a 2 strand parallel coil. Use a 3mm bit to wrap it and make it 6 wraps, but if that is too big for you atty you will be fine with 5 wraps.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the new coil you are making will have a different mass than your braid coils. This means they may require more or less power to heat. Just because you liked 37w with the braid coil doesn't mean you should stick to 37w. Try going up and down a little until you get a similar vape to what you know you like.

The coil I suggest you build will be fine as a single or dual coil build.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not able to achieve the same flavor i was getting from the hybrid coils!

Different builds amounts to a different vape, you can experiment with Wattage and Air Flow to see if you can recreate or simulate the same effect. But as Fudgey stated surface area............... Less surface area equals less vapor or liquid vaporized. Vaping isn't only pushing the fire button.

VU Sponsors