Become a Patron!

Can someone help me figure out how I'm supposed to patent my idea/juice line?

brian435baer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello, so I have a juice line that consists of 5* flavor's - I just want to patent the idea/presentation/labels and name of my line, how do I go about doing so? Can anyone point me in the right direction because I'm having a small amount of trouble figuring this out on my own.

I just want the name of my line, the logo/labels i have for my line, and the idea protected from others.
Reason being I have someone trying to sabotage my business & im sure he's doing anything and everything he can to destroy it.

Thank u!!

brian435baer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is that the only way to go about it?
I've got a company, and a label to put it under - so let me get ahold of my attorurney then

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You want copyrights and trademarks, not patents. A quick google search should lead you in the right direction. Neither require an attorney.

nitsuj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely an attorney question. I don't think you can patent labels and artwork. You can trademark them. You can copyright the name I think. But since 75% of the e-liquid industry is dependent on ripping off already established flavors, I'm thinking it must not be very tightly regulated. Every candy and cereal has been copied 100 times. I *think* to trademark something, it has to be in use. As in, you can't trademark an "idea" for labels. You have to be using them. Copyright can be applied to something original you created, but only if it's actually been created. If you have an idea for a label with a picture of a snake in a tuxedo vaping a donut, I don't think you can copyright it until the final version is on paper.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You want copyrights and trademarks, not patents. A quick google search should lead you in the right direction. Neither require an attorney.
Try it sometime, trust me.....YOU need an attorney if you want anything trademarked or patented...otherwise they just toss your request into the trash, or may as well, because they will deny it, just out of spite.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've done both. Trademarks are a bit trickier, but certainly doable without an attorney.

Copyrights are a different story. Copyrights are in effect the moment the work is created. Registering the copyright just insures protection.

OP, I'm almost certain, but not positive, that you can NOT copyright recipes, if that's what you were intending to do.

VU Sponsors