Become a Patron!

Can someone help me decide on a vape right for me?

dylan843

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, im not new to vaping i have been for almost a year, but i just stuck with the basic one at my local vape shop that has a kangertech mini protank 3. The problem i have with it is the coils never seem to last long and tend to burn i guess i don't have the correct battery for it.

Anyway im looking for one of those all in one vapes not all these different parts that's all confusing, one i can just use without any guesswork. I like a decent hit but am not trying to make giant clouds just a good reliable moderate hit that's not going to be good sometimes and halfass other times. I would also like something that has a coil without guesswork that i don't have to change once every 5-7 days, and no different settings that will confuse me. Not looking to get something really expensive maybe like a 60-80 dollar budget but would like to be less if possible.

any ideas let me know thank you.

dylan843

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
kangertech subtank mini, what would be a good ohm, watts, volts whatever battery to use with it?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you looking for a restrictive mouth to lung hit? If so, a sub tank is probably not the best choice.

dylan843

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you looking for a restrictive mouth to lung hit? If so, a sub tank is probably not the best choice.
no idea what that means im just looking for a decent hit without any extra fat, that I wont need to replace the coil every week because it burns so quickly. id like a good all in one vape, that takes away all these guess work out.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
no idea what that means im just looking for a decent hit without any extra fat, that I wont need to replace the coil every week because it burns so quickly. id like a good all in one vape, that takes away all these guess work out.
FYI
A tootle puffer refers to those who like mouth to lung hits..they typically like tanks with a fairly tight airflow, such as the Kanger protanks...lung hitters, like myself use the subtanks with much better airflow for those deep, cloud blowin lung hits..the coils used in subtanks are usually below .6 ohm, have thicker wire and takes a special mod to fire it safely..
In my various subtanks my coils usually last a couple weeks at least..They do last a long time..
Hope this helped some..good luck!

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
kangertech subtank mini, what would be a good ohm, watts, volts whatever battery to use with it?
I'd take a look at the 75w IPVD2.. its a single 18650 well built and compact little mod..also has a TC mode that can fire the newer Ti and Nickel builds like you might consider using in the STM..its also got a batt door that slides on ball bearings for quick batt swaps, along with a cord/port for in-mod charging..I just got one of these myself and I consider it's the best
$50 I've spent on vape gear this year..
dc2152a7c1dafcd395bb1fc356cc52ed.jpg

Seen here with the silicon protective sleeve that came with it...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out the mig cig videos on you tube, i order'd a set for work the r awesome all in one cigalikes

dylan843

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/evic-vt-60w-starter-kit-by-joyetech.html

was thinking about getting this can someone explain me what this part of the description means?

Understanding the eVic-VT Kit and Temperature Control

The Mega One Tank included in the eVic-VT starter kit is a Temperature Control Only tank. Never place the eVic-VT mod into variable wattage mode when using the Mega One tank, or any other atomizer with a Ni or Ti build. The nickel and titanium heads included for the eGo One Mega tank will quickly overheat if they are subjected to an unregulated load – so make sure that you are operating the eVic-VT mod in either Temp Control Ni or Temp Control Ti mode when using the eGo One Mega tank. And, as always, if you're not sure, DON'T VAPE!

there will be a setting or something called temperature control only?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Heard good things about the Kit.
There will be a way to switch between TC or power. Therefore, when using this tank, it needs to be in TC mode.

ChefJd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're looking for something you don't have to mess with and that's simple the evic is not for you. No muss no fuss would be the egoOne battery and tank combo or the ijust 2. Both have gotten good reviews are modest in price and simple to use. Long lasting coils is another matter entirely. I've found coil longevity is subjective to the individuals usage habits and also the juice they use. All though when I did use a protank mini I found I burnt through coils faster than the aspire bvc coils.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Unfortunately, most tanks out there these days need to have their coils replaced every week or so. Especially if you are using a tank with an atomizer with a resistance of less than one ohm. (sub ohming)

The rig I most commonly recommend to STONE COLD beginners (people just coming off regular cigarettes) is a KangerTech EVOD... but you seem to be past this point so I will go with my intermediate setup which is an Aspire Nautilus Mini on an Eleaf Istick 30W.
The Aspire nautilus mini will give you great vapor production, but is not "sub-ohm" so you won't be making HUGE clouds. The Istick 30 is also more than powerful enough for the Nautilus mini so you will not only have no problem getting the most performance possible out of your Aspire Nautilus mini, you will have the ability to explore other tank (clearomizer) systems in the future. I talked about this clearo/battery combo as well as a few others here: http://www.bestvaporizerpen.net/byok-aspire-nautilus-mini/

Replacing coils on the Nautilus mini shouldn't be as common as more powerful clearomizers but this all depends on your level of use (more = quicker burn out rate), ejuice (the darker/sweeter the fluid = shorter coil lifespan), and other factors including how much power your are supplying, storage, etc. Some coils are just bad right out of the box but Aspire seems to do a good job with this IF YOU BUY AUTHENTIC. (there are tons of clones... some good, most bad.)

Hope I helped.

DakotaS

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
But I should honestly point out as well... there are very few decent vape systems out there that you don't have to "mess with".
Coils need changing, tanks need cleaning, etc etc etc... just part of the price we pay as vapers but it's worth it to not get cancer.

JahmezOkieDokie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're looking for something you don't have to mess with and that's simple the evic is not for you. No muss no fuss would be the egoOne battery and tank combo or the ijust 2. Both have gotten good reviews are modest in price and simple to use. Long lasting coils is another matter entirely. I've found coil longevity is subjective to the individuals usage habits and also the juice they use.

+1 This is what I was thinking the whole time reading through this. Do you want simple? Or do you want adjustable? Since the action of getting vapor is applying heat to a juice soaked material, burning through coils is the name of the game.

stello

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
my first mod was the kanger minisubox kit and it was perfect.great flavor easy to use.and it has a great tank.just one 18650 bat plus it has passthru that means you can charge the batt thru the mod.it is safe cause i did it and its fine its jusy that most people rather use a charger.it gives great cloud s and flav.Coils last cause it only goes to 50w and there not that pricey.hope this helps.

VU Sponsors