Become a Patron!

Can I vape my head at less than the recommended wattage?

I recently got into vaping and have an Eleaf 60wTC box with a Melo2 tank. I'm currently using the EC atomizer head 0.3 ohms with a Kanthal coil. Eleaf recommends a 30-80w power range. I have found that anything above about 40-42w heats up the mouthpiece and the vapor a little more than I like. On some e-juice I've found it tastes better at significantly lower power (25-30w). My question is: am I going to damage anything by vaping that setup at a lower setting than the minimum recommended power?

Thanks and I hope I posted this in the right category.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Low is good.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You won't hurt anything...the vapor might be a little anemic at lower watts, but if it works for you....right on...!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
you can vape that how you like it. lol
no harm will come to you if you vape it lower

CABBA

Member For 4 Years
you can vape that how you like it. lol
no harm will come to you if you vape it lower
No, no, no. This is all wrong. You should always use the recommended wattage setting, even if the atomizer is producing uncomfortably hot vapor. Those that designed the atomizer knows how it should be vaped and their recommended wattage settings must be followed.
Crank it up. If you can't take the heat, get another atty. Clouds bro!!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Running the wattage lower than manufacture recommendations will cause the coil to not get as hot as intended.
This may cause it to not produce as well as they designed the coil it to do.
I'm not an electrical engineer nor have I played one on tv but I can't think of a reason it would cause any damage.
If you choose to run it at a lower wattage and it produces the vapor and flavor that you enjoy best, I say do as you please.
However, I do suggest you at least try a coil that'd fit more into your preferred wattage.
Maybe .6 through 1.5 ohm.
I don't have the Melo2 but I know there is a .5 ohm coil.
It's recommended wattage is 30-100 watts.
The .5 at 30 would be a bit different than your .3 at 30.
You could also try the .15 Ni200 in temp mode.
You could try starting in the 400 degree range testing higher and lower until you found your desired temp and performance.
Just an idea, take it for what it's worth.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
with the melo you can use anything on the atlantis system ...
that would be :

Triton coils
0.5 Clapton
0.15 ni200 Clapton
0.3 triton
0.4 triton
1.8 triton (mouth to lung) - lower wattage
0.5 aspire atlantis 2
0.2 aspire atlantis 2
1 ohm aspire atlantis 2
0.15 aspire atlantis vaporshark coils
atom vapes aspire coils
0.5 eleaf ijust2
0.3 eleaf ijust2
0.15 eleaf ijust2 ni200
0.5 eleaf ijust2 ti
the above can all be found at www.sweet-vapes.com

also
0.5 ohm coil - silo beast
0.2 ohm coil - silo beast
0.15 ohm coil - silo beast
these are found http://www.beyondvape.com/store/tanks-coilheads-c-221_236/

all have varying ranges of recommended power uses.. like @Paratech said this may be worth exploring. If you do enjoy lower power and a more ouf a mouth to lung type of vape - something closer to a cigarette the 1.8 ohm triton coil is EXCELLENT.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No, no, no. This is all wrong. You should always use the recommended wattage setting, even if the atomizer is producing uncomfortably hot vapor. Those that designed the atomizer knows how it should be vaped and their recommended wattage settings must be followed.
Crank it up. If you can't take the heat, get another atty. Clouds bro!!
I totally DISAGREE with this. I have coils that recommend wattage of 15-25. My juice tastes burnt over 10w on those, so I keep it below 10. Great flavor, plenty of vapor. But I'm not into #cloudsbro, I vape for flavor, not numbers.

CABBA

Member For 4 Years
I totally DISAGREE with this. I have coils that recommend wattage of 15-25. My juice tastes burnt over 10w on those, so I keep it below 10. Great flavor, plenty of vapor. But I'm not into #cloudsbro, I vape for flavor, not numbers.
The burnt taste is what you want. Burnt dry hits are a delicacy.
If you don't want to use the recommended power settings you can use this technique: Turn the wattage up till you detect a burnt flavour, when your atty's a burnin' you're almost at the right setting, give it another watt or two, and vape hard.
Alternatively you can do what I do, which is: turn your device up to the max wattage and vape the 'bleep' out of it.
Vapers like you need to step your game up. 10 watts is weak sauce. Come hard or stay home.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohhhh man.....Hope Nasty doesn't see this thread
freaking-out-smiley-emoticon_zps7mqk6j2r.png
:D:D:D:D

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you find satisfaction at lower wattages, by all means, vape it that way. I always say start low, increase until you notice the flavor is off or too hot for you, then back it down just a bit to find your sweet spot. Different juices will peak at different wattages, and I vape anywhere from 20-45 watts or 450-500F if using TC mode.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you don't want to use the recommended power settings you can use this technique: Turn the wattage up till you detect a burnt flavour, when your atty's a burnin' you're almost at the right setting, give it another watt or two, and vape hard.
Alternatively you can do what I do, which is: turn your device up to the max wattage and vape the 'bleep' out of it.
Vapers like you need to step your game up. 10 watts is weak sauce. Come hard or stay home.
you mean vape the fuck out of it?
well, its nice to see that you found the vaping style that suits your needs and keeps you off ciarettes. Lets allow others to do the same without degredation or pushing them into an arena they may or may not enjoy yet. If the OP is not smoking and is vaping safely that is all that matters.
thank you

CABBA

Member For 4 Years
And this kind of sarcasm can be a real problem to a new vaper trying to get off cigs, actually trying your advise, then giving up and continuing to smoke.
I completely agree. That would be a real shame. It would also be a shame if a new vaper quit because their vape was soft.
Everyone has their own opinion, and who is to say what is right. I prefer to ere on the side of hardcore, obviously you can't keep up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I completely agree. That would be a real shame. It would also be a shame if a new vaper quit because their vape was soft.
Everyone has their own opinion, and who is to say what is right. I prefer to ere on the side of hardcore, obviously you can't keep up.
Vape as hardcore as you see fit for yourself. Giving bad info to new vapers makes us all look bad when shit goes downhill. Chill out dude and enjoy your hardcore vape, burnt cotton and sore throat.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
not a competition... Maybe you forgot; but, when someone is first making the switch its all about getting them off cigarettes.
Enjoy your hardcore vape and let others enjoy and explore what they want.
congratulations on achieving hardcore vape status

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I recently got into vaping and have an Eleaf 60wTC box with a Melo2 tank. I'm currently using the EC atomizer head 0.3 ohms with a Kanthal coil. Eleaf recommends a 30-80w power range. I have found that anything above about 40-42w heats up the mouthpiece and the vapor a little more than I like. On some e-juice I've found it tastes better at significantly lower power (25-30w). My question is: am I going to damage anything by vaping that setup at a lower setting than the minimum recommended power?

Vaping is a personal experience I'm just glad you're not smoking and Welcome to VU

I've often lowered the wattage and cut the airflow back to go for the flavor and forgo the vapor production. I also like the effect it has on my battery life. There has been a few cases where I wasn't getting the flavor as they described it be and when I contacted them them designed it on a really low build with a decent amount of watts and it brought that flavor out. Other than that I like flavor, unburned cotton in my coils, and battery life.

CABBA

Member For 4 Years
Vape as hardcore as you see fit for yourself. Giving bad info to new vapers makes us all look bad when shit goes downhill. Chill out dude and enjoy your hardcore vape, burnt cotton and sore throat.
Every thread has a tough guy I guess. Explain to me "down hill", what's going downhill? And what makes your "info" better than anyone else's? Did you study vaping at some prestigious college? Seems to me like someone can't kick it with the big boys.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
even if the atomizer is producing uncomfortably hot vapor.

Turn the wattage up till you detect a burnt flavour, when your atty's a burnin' you're almost at the right setting, give it another watt or two, and vape hard.

It would also be a shame if a new vaper quit because their vape was soft.

Explain to me "down hill", what's going downhill? And what makes your "info" better than anyone else's?
My information isn't better than anyone else's,. I'm not a "thread tough guy". You're the one instructing someone to vape at a wattage that isn't comfortable to them, to inhale dry burnt hits, not knowing what that could do to someone's lungs. I suppose you're also one of those people that carries batteries in their pocket without a case, with a pocketful of change and keys? What I care about is helping someone to find the vape that satisfies them, keeps them from smoking and hopefully in a safer manner, rather than giving someone information that's purposely unpleasant to them, turning them away from vaping, and continuing to smoke cigarettes.

This person was obviously not enjoying the vape at higher watts, and simply asking would it be a problem to vape at lower watts, which it isn't. We're all trying to help and you're telling him to vape it uncomfortably. And you call me the thread tough guy, a lightweight that can't keep up? I don't care about vaping for numbers and vaping to keep up with the COOLCLOUDSBRO!! I care about helping people to stay off cigs, vaping for flavor and wattage that also keeps me from smoking. That's why most of us vape, to stay off cigarettes. So keep up, BRO.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

not for everyone, but Cabba may enjoy it

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every thread has a tough guy I guess. Explain to me "down hill", what's going downhill? And what makes your "info" better than anyone else's? Did you study vaping at some prestigious college? Seems to me like someone can't kick it with the big boys.
LOL, he said big boyz

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_nn3tdoy0Ux1r239fno1_400_zpsxz5kia21.gif

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Welcome to the VU. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Despite the occasional immature jackass showing up there are a lot of helpful knowledgeable people here willing to help out a new vapor.

CABBA

Member For 4 Years
I care about helping people to stay off cigs, vaping for flavor and wattage that also keeps me from smoking. That's why most of us vape, to stay off cigarettes. So keep up, BRO.
Listen old lady you need to back up. You're not the vape police, you're not a revolutionist, you're just a keyboard warrior telling people what to do from the comfort of your basement.
Set it how ya like, but for me I'm going hard.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Listen old man you need to back up. You're not the vape police, you're not a revolutionist, you're just a keyboard warrior telling people what to do from the comfort of your basement.
Set it how ya like, but for me I'm going hard.
go as hard as you want dude...
but ummm that's not an old man, its a young woman....
and let other people decide for themselves if they want to "go hard" that attitude you're showing can easily turn someone away from vaping and back to cigarettes.
There are plenty of us that like to "GO HARD;" but there is a time and place.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's always the same with his type. Say something stupid and off the wall get called on it and immediately go into crybaby name calling mode.
Boohoo boohoo somebody stole my blankly. Your a bunch of meanies and I'm going to take my ball and go home but first I'm going to call you names.

CABBA

Member For 4 Years
It's always the same with his type. Say something stupid and off the wall get called on it and immediately go into crybaby name calling mode.
Boohoo boohoo somebody stole my blankly. Your a bunch of meanies and I'm going to take my ball and go home but first I'm going to call you names.
Looks like we got another tough guy, vaping at 10watts over here. Someone call the vape police. Crank it up, vape it like ya mean it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like we got another tough guy, vaping at 10watts over here. Someone call the vape police. Crank it up, vape it like ya mean it.
the only person ive seen giving anyone a hard time for their vape style is you.

instruct us, what Is it like to vape hard?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury I rest my case.

Nothing like having my point made for me.

VU Sponsors