Become a Patron!

Can I use a rebuildable tank on my SMOK AL85?

RubenAlonzo

Member For 4 Years
Greetings Everyone, I have the SMOK AL85 and would like to really get into rebuilding my own coils and farther down the line, create my own e-juice. My mod only goes up to 85 watts on a single 18650 battery so I am not certain if I am able to use (RTA's?) the tanks which house the rebuildable coils.

If I can, could someone point me into the right direction as far a good, decent tank where I can try to do it? I do realize there are serious consequences to not doing it right, I have done some research and know that at the least, it can brick my mod, and the worst, well... KaBoom with the battery, right?

I am just wondering if my mod is ok to use such a tank or do i need a more expensive one?

crazy nick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
im looking at the obs engine for my al85. There are a ton of youtube videos on it. This will be my first rta. But it looks awesome and I like the top airflow design as there is a less chance of leaking. Plus it comes with 2 decks, 1 single coil and 1 dual coil. Im sold on it.

crazy nick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also I have a big baby beast and a Segelei 150w mod. I love the big baby with x4 coils. That may end up going pn the al85 and staying there.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
YES you can use anything on that mod including an RTA or RDA
The main concern is understanding ohms law when building and following the build requirements for your device
SP dpn't build below .1 ohms for wattage mode
and don't build below .06 ohms for temp mode

The only other concern is 85watts is a good amount of power, but if your build needs more power then that you do not have but the majority of flavor builds work fine at 85w or below

In terms of a good rta.. there are lots out there
my favorites are the original griffin 22mm tank and the griffin 25mm mini bith are easy to build on and the 25mm mini comes with the adapter to use in single coil mode

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It all depends on the build. I have an old 20 watt box that I use an RDA on, I just build for the power available. If you got the full kit you can get the RBA deck for the baby beast for 10 bucks and shipping.

VU Sponsors