Become a Patron!

Calling all Wismec Luxotic BF users

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wismec Luxotic squonker
I'm looking for user input before making a purchase. (that's a new twist)
Pro's, con's, yes or no and why.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which model Luxotic? Squonker or NC?

With the squonker, there have been reports of internal leaking at the 510. I have not had that experience.

With the NC, some have complained that the lower resin section is loose. Again, not here.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which model Luxotic? Squonker or NC?

With the squonker, there have been reports of internal leaking at the 510. I have not had that experience.

With the NC, some have complained that the lower resin section is loose. Again, not here.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
Squonker , I forgot there was a NC.
I edited my OP, thanks.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The Luxotic NC is an overpriced, flimsy piece of shit. I wanted it very badly because it was a good looking rig and like mods that can switch from para to series. Its also an NC which are solid performers.

In all fairness the mod works as advertised. The resin is paper thin and you can see through it. The switch it gritty feeling and the whole thing feels cheap and does not inspire confidence.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't own one nor have I used it, so I can't comment on performance or durability. I did look at it just a minute ago at a local vape shop, though, and I agree with the comments above. When I saw it online I thought it looked good, but didn't like it when I saw it in person. In my opinion it looks cheap, and when it was in my hand it felt cheap and looked even worse. Appearance is subjective and varies from person to person, though, so you might like it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have the squonk. Several others have reported leaking at the 510. There is a fix for it on YouTube. Mine hasn’t leaked on me but I’m going to do the fix anyway just to make sure it stays that way. I use mine daily. One of two squonks that I don’t rotate out. Personally I like the size and hand feel of it. I think it performs well.

Carpe Nidor

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't own one nor have I used it, so I can't comment on performance or durability. I did look at it just a minute ago at a local vape shop, though, and I agree with the comments above. When I saw it online I thought it looked good, but didn't like it when I saw it in person. In my opinion it looks cheap, and when it was in my hand it felt cheap and looked even worse. Appearance is subjective and varies from person to person, though, so you might like it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Was the one you saw a squonk or the NC ? I'm interested in the Luxotic squonker.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the squonk. Several others have reported leaking at the 510. There is a fix for it on YouTube. Mine hasn’t leaked on me but I’m going to do the fix anyway just to make sure it stays that way. I use mine daily. One of two squonks that I don’t rotate out. Personally I like the size and hand feel of it. I think it performs well.

Carpe Nidor
I seen a couple of 510 leak complaints, but wasn't sure how widespread it was.
I'll have to search for the repair, I didn't know there was one.
Thanks for the info.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wismec Luxotic squonker
I'm looking for user input before making a purchase. (that's a new twist)
Pro's, con's, yes or no and why.
Thanks in advance.
I like mine. The mod has weight, but not too much. Interesting filling system....seems easier, for me anyway. No leaking, so far(crossing fingers). Hits well. The rda that comes with it, if you go that route, doesn’t suck. Relatively easy to build...single coil, btw. I would get another if this one bit the dust.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like mine. The mod has weight, but not too much. Interesting filling system....seems easier, for me anyway. No leaking, so far(crossing fingers). Hits well. The rda that comes with it, if you go that route, doesn’t suck. Relatively easy to build...single coil, btw. I would get another if this one bit the dust.
I had a GBOX that the wife has kidnapped a couple of weeks ago, so the weight won't be a concern.and I'm already familiar with the filling (GBOX uses the same bottles and filling system)
I like the look, the price and after finding the leak repair to be so easy I guess I need to get one ordered.
Thanks for the reply.

berryfreak57

Member For 1 Year
I just ordered the Wismec Luxotic BF to use with my newly acquired mesh RDA. Hoping all the issues have been reworked by now, but will do the leak repair right off the bat just in case.
Wanted something simple, and this caught my eye. We shall see how it performs.
Plan on doing the bottle hack per Mike Vapes video.

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered the Wismec Luxotic BF to use with my newly acquired mesh RDA. Hoping all the issues have been reworked by now, but will do the leak repair right off the bat just in case.
Wanted something simple, and this caught my eye. We shall see how it performs.
Plan on doing the bottle hack per Mike Vapes video.
Looking forward to mine arriving in a few days (wife forgot to order it till yesterday),
The new bottles are silicone, come in colors and don't need modified.
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Replacement-Bottle-for-Wismec-Luxotic-BF-Box-p/wis-lux30.htm

Dropmyload

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm also thinking of getting one. Anyone own both this and a Pico Squeeze and can give a real world comparison?

VU Sponsors