Become a Patron!

Calling all shop owners...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's an idea that might actually have some impact.

It appears to be legitimately true that many in the opposition don't actually understand the role that flavors have played and do play in the lives of legal adult vapors.

What if as many shops as possible provided actual copies of their sales records showing conclusively that almost all of their juice sales are of the flavored variety?

What if they also provided pix of the postings on their entry doors and in their stores clearly proclaiming their refusal to sell or in many cases even allow entry to minors without proper ID?

Along with video interviews of their managers and clerks convincingly testifying to the rigor with which they enforce this policy? Records and testimonies of firings for failure to properly card would be a huge bonus.

This might accomplish two major things.

Number one, it would credibly demonstrate the primary importance of flavors in the lives of those who have become free of tobacco through vaping. The sales records would make that unassailably clear.

Number two, it would demonstrate that shop owners and operators are already deadly serious about keeping their products out of the hands of minors as far as they have the ability to do so. This would effectively place vaping products at the very same table as alcohol and tobacco. IN THE MINDS OF THE PUBLIC.

The combined conclusion of these two points, credibly and convincingly made, would be that flavors are vital to what ADULT vaping is and that all due diligence is already being employed to responsibly prevent minors from illegally obtaining vape products.

In short: Adults are the only people we sell to and our sales records show that flavors are just about all these ADULTS buy.

Forget for now about how healthy or unhealthy it is. If in the minds of at least some people, vaping can be equated with alcohol and tobacco, NObody is going to deny the disastrous effects that those can have in people's lives. Even if vaping is just as bad, why should it be treated any differently?

That in my view would cover at least SOME of the misinformation being shouted from the rooftops right now.
======================================
Making it widely known that the nicotine based long established liquid that we vape is not what is causing this acute and deadly outbreak is a lot trickier. Unfortunately, that one is also a lot more important for the immediate future.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody or somebodies with a lot of industry reach, organizational skill and passable web skills could rather quickly gather this kind of collection into a one stop website people could be sent to.

Think of it. Shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop after shop.............., in all 50 states. Sales records showing flavors as the almost the exclusive seller and responsible practices denying access to minors.

I think there is real potential here to sway at least SOME average citizens to reconsider. If the rightly motivated average citizen (or two or three) were to become convinced, especially if not even vapors themselves, they also could really help make a difference.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
While nice in thought I don't think any private business would get the green light by their financial consultant to do something like that.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
While nice in thought I don't think any private business would get the green light by their financial consultant to do something like that.

A Legitimate Business should be paying Sales Tax so why is it a problem to prove what you already reported?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At this point, what is there to lose? Why would it be a secret that in the last year, here's what we ordered and here's what we sold? All to adults.

I'm not being argumentative. I'm just asking. :)

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
One reason is volume. High volume distributors will become a target, the anti-vape crowd would know who to target and hit first. Giving this information away like that would paint a giant bullseye on them with all that has been going on.

Most accountants would advise against publishing numbers no matter how good the books are. Putting your numbers out could raise eyebrows and invite an audit.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One reason is volume. High volume distributors will become a target, the anti-vape crowd would know who to target and hit first. Giving this information away like that would paint a giant bullseye on them with all that has been going on.
Most accountants would advise against publishing numbers no matter how good the books are. Putting your numbers out could raise eyebrows and invite an audit.

It could be done anonymously. Where there is a will there is a way. Since many e-Liquid and Hardware vendors are not actually true Businesses I can see where you are coming from.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It could be done anonymously. Where there is a will there is a way. Since many e-Liquid and Hardware vendors are not actually true Businesses I can see where you are coming from.

Do you think an anonymous mix would have the same impact? I ask because to me it would not, as soon as I see anonymous it smells fishy. Maybe I am the odd man out on that, but its how I see it anyways.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you think an anonymous mix would have the same impact? I ask because to me it would not, as soon as I see anonymous it smells fishy. Maybe I am the odd man out on that, but its how I see it anyways.

I think anyone selling e-Liquids should be doing their damnedest. That is what I~! I think. Most are just having big sales.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I agree about anonymity. That was my point.

It wouldn't take much to digitally blur out the distributor info though, and that could be justified by the very plausible explanation that I didn't feel right publicly putting a legitimate wholesaler on the spot without their permission. Even better if they did get their permission.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PUBLIC opinion and hence public education is THE ONLY thing that can possibly make any difference.

That means large scale organization and cooperation. Yeah, "good luck" right?
Ya know what's funny? That wouldn't even take a lot of money.

If everybody went to their local shop or two and got them onboard and did some simple phone camera interviews, if we had a place to submit all that and make it easily accessible online, it would be worth a shot.

I'm not in a position to take the lead on this, but somebody is. What I can do is find out who the actual honcho is at Wild Bill's here and take this idea to them. Which I am doing right now.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They can't give out corporate information at the franchise stores (113 of them), but they did tell me how to get in touch with the honchos at the corporate office through a contact page. The following is what I sent them.
===================================

To whom it may concern,

Some of us at a major long standing vaping related website are attempting to amass unassailable testimony and evidence to establish beyond doubt that flavors are what sells, adults are who is buying them and rigorous measures are already in place to see that minors are not able to obtain them through means that are legal for adults.

This is for public education, not so much the politicians, and if successful will be displayed on a website launched by members of this team. The politicians don't care what the truth is unless it impacts on their stay in office.

That's the goal.

To have a one stop website with thousands of responsible vape related businesses, possibly in a state by state clickable format, where average citizens can be sent to learn that they are not being told the truth by the powers that be. Whether inadvertently in some cases or by design in others.

Please contact me if you wish to participate at _____________, or even better would be email at _________________ .
Sincerely and thank you,
Greg - Redford Township

VU Sponsors