Cactus Strikes Again by Botboy141

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright, so I seriously need to stop making everything with Cactus. I swore to myself that after my last cactus recipe 2 days ago I was done posting Cactus recipes. Well, unfortunately, this is the best one yet. Soooooooooooo tasty for the fruit lovers out there...I'm a total frugivore.

1% INW Cactus
1% FA Watermelon
3% TFA Strawberry (needs TFA for the sweetness here IMPO)
0.5% FA Kiwi

Sweetener to taste if you desire, I added 2% TFA Marshmallow as my favorite variation. Trying similar combinations with a handful of substitutions the rest of this week.

Enjoy everyone!

muth

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You gourmet cooks make me so jealous. Wish I was married to a juice maker!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
If you think of Inawera Kaktus as prickly pear nectar, you'll find even more uses for it. It's like a southwest or Tex-Mex version of maple syrup (yes, it's even used on pancakes).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
So have @Botboy141 or @HeadInClouds every had prickly pear jelly? If so, is that what INW Cactus can taste like?

"Can" taste like...sure. It's sure sweet enough to think of as a jelly. "Jam" might be more accurate. It has been a long time since I had anything made with real prickly pear fruit, and I recall that syrup/nectar most clearly. The (homemade) jelly I remember included cranberries and orange zest, which dominated. Few flavorings will dominate Inawera Kaktus like that.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I unfortunately have not ever had a true prickly pear, although trying to figure out a way to get one in chicago right now :). Love this stuff, so versatile in different shapes and forms. I've only just touched the tip of the iceberg.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to the intl farmers market in Atlanta today just to pick one up. I'll be eating it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On occasion I can find some fun fruit at Kroger of all places. I'll need to check next time or go to whole foods or trader joes.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

kiwivaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yum prickly pear.... love it- i used to eat em all the time when i lived in california!!! looking forward to making some juice with it!!!

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went to the intl farmers market in Atlanta today just to pick one up. I'll be eating it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm so extremely jelly.

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
would tfa kiwi double work as would tfa strawberry ripe ?
Thanks Botboy.....

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
would tfa kiwi double work as would tfa strawberry ripe ?
Thanks Botboy.....
Kiwi double could definitely sub @ a similar percentage. TFA Strawberry Ripe would leave everything pretty sour/bitter/tart though. Used TFA Strawberry specifically for the sweetness it adds. CAP Sweet Strawberry could sub though.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
"Can" taste like...sure. It's sure sweet enough to think of as a jelly. "Jam" might be more accurate. It has been a long time since I had anything made with real prickly pear fruit, and I recall that syrup/nectar most clearly. The (homemade) jelly I remember included cranberries and orange zest, which dominated. Few flavorings will dominate Inawera Kaktus like that.

Oh, just ignore my faulty memory! It turns out the jelly I remember used mostly pyracantha berries with prickly pear! I asked for some for Christmas. Now there's a flavor I'll probably never be able to vape.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Got to love that kaktus. Like franks red hot . Put that on everything

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I may have to wait until I get some FA Watermelon, though I may try using Tasty Puff until I can get some FA. Cactus is a fun flavor to mix with.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey Botboy- can u post some more prickly pear recipes??
If I had some I would...

Nothing great yet. Working on a handful of different ones but R&D has been slowed with the work of getting my line up and running.

I'll report back in just a second, let me find one that was promising, if it's still good a couple weeks later now I'll link it up.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey Botboy- can u post some more prickly pear recipes??

I'll report back in just a second, let me find one that was promising, if it's still good a couple weeks later now I'll link it up.

I don't think I've posted this one yet. Have berry on the mind from looking at something else. Simple and quite tasty. You may want to increase percentages a little proportionately to your liking.

Desert Forest
2% FA Forest Fruit
1% INA Cactus

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, this thread fell off my alerts for some reason and I'm catching up...

@Botboy141 please don't take this the wrong way, but how can you make a prickly pear vape if you never tasted prickly pear? What are you trying to mimic?

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So, this thread fell off my alerts for some reason and I'm catching up...

@Botboy141 please don't take this the wrong way, but how can you make a prickly pear vape if you never tasted prickly pear? What are you trying to mimic?
Wasn't trying to replicate prickly pears. Unlike a lot of the folks here, I'm not necessarily trying to re-create a food/dessert/beverage that exists. I spend most of my R&D time coming up with new flavor combinations based on what I think might work well together after having tasted them stand alone :)

I'm mixing vapes, not food ;-)

Not taking the wrong way. My most popular selling juices are flavor combinations that are not a rendition of some form of food or drink, but they sell because the flavors used in them either complement each other really well or come together to create something new and tasty!

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wasn't trying to replicate prickly pears. Unlike a lot of the folks here, I'm not necessarily trying to re-create a food/dessert/beverage that exists. I spend most of my R&D time coming up with new flavor combinations based on what I think might work well together after having tasted them stand alone :)

I'm mixing vapes, not food ;-)

Not taking the wrong way. My most popular selling juices are flavor combinations that are not a rendition of some form of food or drink, but they sell because the flavors used in them either complement each other really well or come together to create something new and tasty!
Make sense.

VU Sponsors