Become a Patron!

Buyer's remorse with Kanger Mini, can I do this, or....?

Ok, 3 weeks ago I upgraded from an occasionally used EVOD to a Kanger sub-ohm Mini, powered with an eleaf Istick 40w. I am using 0.5 store bought (not built) coils, air holes open, and using juice with nic 3.0 (I coughed with 6.0), and have tried everything from 50/50 to 80/20. I love the clouds it can produce, that's just good sinful fun..... but it wears thin quickly.

- To get enough production to keep me from going back to tobacco requires more voltage than I can tolerate. By that, I mean heat, gurgling, noise, just a PITA.

- As a result, I'm only vaping at 16-18, not really doing the trick.

- Can I change something out, like either the tank or the box mod, to reduce these symptoms?

- Would a mechanical be better? I did not go that far because I'm no electrician and not that handy. But.....

Open to suggestions here from those more experienced. Can I get this Kanger to produce, without making me feel like I just had10 cowboy killers in a row? Maybe I'm not choosing the right juices, really don't know at this point.

I do wonder if, despite my best efforts, this bod of mine just can't adapt. I need to quit for health reasons, but to do so, the experience really needs to be greater or equal. I really doubt many people quit with Egos and EVODs, and now I'm disappointed that the regulated sub-ohm isn't any pleasure to use.

Thanks very much,
Mike

texan279

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, 3 weeks ago I upgraded from an occasionally used EVOD to a Kanger sub-ohm Mini, powered with an eleaf Istick 40w. I am using 0.5 store bought (not built) coils, air holes open, and using juice with nic 3.0 (I coughed with 6.0), and have tried everything from 50/50 to 80/20. I love the clouds it can produce, that's just good sinful fun..... but it wears thin quickly.

- To get enough production to keep me from going back to tobacco requires more voltage than I can tolerate. By that, I mean heat, gurgling, noise, just a PITA.

- As a result, I'm only vaping at 16-18, not really doing the trick.

- Can I change something out, like either the tank or the box mod, to reduce these symptoms?

- Would a mechanical be better? I did not go that far because I'm no electrician and not that handy. But.....

Open to suggestions here from those more experienced. Can I get this Kanger to produce, without making me feel like I just had10 cowboy killers in a row? Maybe I'm not choosing the right juices, really don't know at this point.

I do wonder if, despite my best efforts, this bod of mine just can't adapt. I need to quit for health reasons, but to do so, the experience really needs to be greater or equal. I really doubt many people quit with Egos and EVODs, and now I'm disappointed that the regulated sub-ohm isn't any pleasure to use.

Thanks very much,
Mike

I had this issue about a week ago with this tank. If you are using the coils that say 15w-30w or 10w-30w on the side, those are the "old" horizontal coils, which is what I started with. I used it a few weeks and it just wasn't "enough". After researching and asking questions here, I found out there are newer coils that are a "vertical" style, that you can crank up to 60w, they say say 15w-60w on the side. I bought a box and I love them. To me much more flavor, a little less "cloud". I am using it now at about 40w-45w and I am loving it. More warmth and more flavor. I've noticed too that different flavor juices can affect the hit you get. I love sweet juices. I have one I am using now that is green apple, vanilla, and cinnamon. To me the juices with cinnamon hit much better at around 40w. Good warmth and a nice lung hit with the one I am using now. The ones that are cinnamon based are too harsh for me. I'm trying several now that have cinnamon in them, but mixed with other flavors.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How do you vape? Mouth to lung hits or direct lung hits? It's one of the most overlooked aspects of vaping. People make recommendations all the time without having this important bit of info.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try doing the opposite of what you're seeing others do.

By that, I mean turn it DOWN.

I use a Kanger with .5 & 1.2 ohm coils. Wattage set at 10 & 8 respectively. I get great clouds, although I'm not a cloud chaser. I do deep SLOW lung hits. And find it very satisfying.

I also use a high VG to PG ratio. Normal for me is 25pg/75vg

I too have an issue with hot vapor. And the only way I could resolve this, was turn the wattage down, and use a slower draw. Not mouth to lung.

No two people are the same. Play with it, before you give up. Find your sweet spot. Then enjoy your setup.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you vape? Mouth to lung hits or direct lung hits? It's one of the most overlooked aspects of vaping. People make recommendations all the time without having this important bit of info.
I believe he stated lung hits..read his post again (above yours) ...mouth to lung is referred to as tootle puffing usually..
Lung hits are direct and deep..the only kind I like these days...lol

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I believe he stated lung hits..read his post again (above yours) ...mouth to lung is referred to as tootle puffing usually..
Lung hits are direct and deep..the only kind I like these days...lol

Texan279 said lung hits, the OP never said what he does.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Texan279 said lung hits, the OP never said what he does.
It gets confusing when multiple people in a thread don't quote the post they're referring to..see how I quoted you directly in my reply? You know I'm talking to you, not the OP..I didn't see you quote the OP so I thought you were talking about Texan's post above yours....its all good,

VU Sponsors