Become a Patron!

burnt taste

Hey everyone, I just started vaping...using it as an alternative to smoking. Anyways, my first vaporizer is a Tesla Spider II with a Protank 3. All was going well until what seemed like the coil needed to be changed. So, I replaced the coil, ensuring that I primed it first and Took a couple drags before firing it. Seemed like it was good to go. So I fired it, took a couple hits, and all seems well for a little bit. Suddently, every hit had a burnt taste to it. So I tried it for a little bit, and it did not clear up. I thought maybe it was a bad coil, so I replaced it again; same issue after a couple drags. That was my last coil, so I went to a vape shop down the street and bought a new one, and had him ensure I was priming it correctly and all. Took a couple drags at the store, and it seemed better than it had before. It still had a somewhat weird taste, but not as bad as before. Anyways, the next morning, I took a drag and it was burnt again and has not cleared up.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What voltage/wattage were you running? Is your juice a high/max VG?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like juice thickness + to much power = burnt up stuff.
Did you change your juice between coil swap?

What voltage/wattage were you running? Is your juice a high/max VG?
I am not sure about wattage because I cant change that setting, but the voltage is normally at 3-4V.. 3V is the lowest possible setting. It is a 50/50 VG

Sounds like juice thickness + to much power = burnt up stuff.
Did you change your juice between coil swap?
Do you mean did I empty what juice I had left in the tank and then refill? or if I changed the type of juice I was using? answer to both, no.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The reason you are getting a burned taste is because not enough juice is wicking to the coils to be vaporized. I suggest looking for organic cotton protank heads instead of the ones you are using.

The reason you are getting a burned taste is because not enough juice is wicking to the coils to be vaporized. I suggest looking for organic cotton protank heads instead of the ones you are using.
I was using this setup for a week or so before any issues arose. what happened all of a sudden to cause this?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am not sure about wattage because I cant change that setting, but the voltage is normally at 3-4V.. 3V is the lowest possible setting. It is a 50/50 VG

Do you mean did I empty what juice I had left in the tank and then refill? or if I changed the type of juice I was using? answer to both, no.
also the burnt flavor can linger if you did scorch your juice.

also the burnt flavor can linger if you did scorch your juice.
I have sinced refilled the tank (without cleaning) and the burnt taste is still there.
It seems if I let it sit for a little bit, the burnt taste isn't too strong (although it is still there). but after a few more drags, the burnt taste gets stronger and stronger.

Will changing the coil resistance do anything? I was at a .8 and then went to a 1.2, with the same results. will going to a 1.5 or 1.8 0HM coil change anything?

VU Sponsors