Become a Patron!

Burnt taste ;/

Hello!

So I just got my Joyetech eGo AIO a few dayss ago ( my first vape ever ). I was super happy, and wow i was really enjoying vaping so much. Then this happened, I forgot to check my juice bar, and guess what, it ran low and my coil got burned out, yeah shit happens.

Then I went to pop a new coil in ( i am using joyetech 0,5 O, Direct lung ). I refilled the tank with new fresh juice. I dropped a few drops of juice into the coil head, and into the two small holes. I put everything together and let it soak for about 10 minutes. I did the hit without holding the fire button, to get even more e juice up.

So.. First hit tastes a little burned. Second, third and fourth, all a little burnt out taste. I have now ruined 3 coils by doing this, it cant be 3 coils in the same package are just a fault? I must be doing something wrong. I sure don't hope my vaporizer is already dead..

Please help me !

Adam Ross

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you did everything correctly. It may be some residual burnt-ness in the tank. I'd take it over to where you purchased it and see what they have to say... Hope this helps!

Sounds like you did everything correctly. It may be some residual burnt-ness in the tank. I'd take it over to where you purchased it and see what they have to say... Hope this helps!

Can i wash the tank with water? You think it will maybe help ? My vaporizer has been working fine just until i burned it without juice, so I really dont know if , yeah , i don't know..

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm going to guess that the 1st coil you used was higher than 0.5 ohm or it wasn't fully charged. The aio is a direct voltage device meaning the higher the current battery life the higher the watts. What might be happening is with the battery fully charged it's putting out to high of watt for your coil.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I'm going to guess that the 1st coil you used was higher than 0.5 ohm or it wasn't fully charged. The aio is a direct voltage device meaning the higher the current battery life the higher the watts. What might be happening is with the battery fully charged it's putting out to high of watt for your coil.

I am pretty sure my first coil was also 0,5 ohm as that is what came with the package. So what you mean is that when I use a new coil i should burn out my battery? And how do i do that?

Adam Ross

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can i wash the tank with water? You think it will maybe help ? My vaporizer has been working fine just until i burned it without juice, so I really dont know if , yeah , i don't know..
You can soak/rinse out the tank in hot water (remove the coil) and see if that helps.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are the new coils kanthal or ss?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
once you completely wash the tank, let it dry, and use a new coil, that is pretty much back to factory settings. Remember to start low power and work your way up. Save the 3 coils that taste "a bit burnt", you can still use them in a pinch, just have to do some hits to get new juice to the wick. Not ideal, but better than nothing if you run out of coils. OR since you still have 2 fresh coils, wash the 3 burnt ones and set them aside to dry. If the cotton never actually burned, you might be able to salvage them.

I find the biggest issue with prebuilt coils, is forgetting to start low, so your first hit burns your coil before the wick is fully saturated.

When you say start low, are you talking about watt? Because i have a Joyetech eGo AIO and i cant change the watt..

once you completely wash the tank, let it dry, and use a new coil, that is pretty much back to factory settings. Remember to start low power and work your way up. Save the 3 coils that taste "a bit burnt", you can still use them in a pinch, just have to do some hits to get new juice to the wick. Not ideal, but better than nothing if you run out of coils. OR since you still have 2 fresh coils, wash the 3 burnt ones and set them aside to dry. If the cotton never actually burned, you might be able to salvage them.

I find the biggest issue with prebuilt coils, is forgetting to start low, so your first hit burns your coil before the wick is fully saturated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you say start low, are you talking about watt? Because i have a Joyetech eGo AIO and i cant change the watt..

I see you can't change the voltage or wattage on these, nor can the tank be removed for cleaning. It really is "all-in-one."
I'm just stabbing in the dark here, as I'm unfamiliar with this particular device. How thick is your juice? The PG/VG ratio of the juice should be written on the outside of the bottle somewhere. With a coil such as these, a thicker juice will not absorb into the cotton so quickly. If the VG content is much over 50 or 60, it's harder for it to saturate the coil, meaning you may have to let it sit longer to absorb.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The shop i bought my first mod from suggested about 10 or so small drops onto the coil/cotton. I also read on here to poke small holes with a little sewing needle to help with absorbing. Im new here so i could be wrong but id rather over saturate a coil and clean up some juice than burn one.

Murray_B

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
[...]Please help me !

Hello, 64., and I am fairly sure your machine is not ruined.

First problem is that the coils come from the factory with dry cotton and they will burn if fired dry. Sometimes an air bubble will form and some of the cotton remains dry even if the coil is primed. Some Joyetech coils feed from the bottom and it is important to invert the coil and put a couple of drops down each slot before turning right side up and putting five drops in the hole. That will normally wet all of the cotton inside the atomizer.

My main vaporizer is an eVic VTC mini with Cubis tank and I have used the 0.5, 0.6, and 1.0 ohm BF coils. The 0.5 I like the least because the air seems to flow over the coil and not through it. Mine spits like a volcano. The 0.6 works well and contrary to the Joyetech site that coil is good for a tight DTL as well as MTL.

The only way I can use the 0.5 ohm atomizer is to add a couple of things to my Cubis to prevent spitting. I went to the dollar store and bought a stainless steel strainer made for kitchen sinks. Then I cut three disks from the screen and put them down the hole where the drip tip goes. After that I cut a strip from the left over ring the width of the air tube, twisted it into a spiral, and put it inside the tube. Now the thing can't spit but I still like the 0.6 ohm coil more.

Good luck.

My juice is only 50/50.

I see you can't change the voltage or wattage on these, nor can the tank be removed for cleaning. It really is "all-in-one."
I'm just stabbing in the dark here, as I'm unfamiliar with this particular device. How thick is your juice? The PG/VG ratio of the juice should be written on the outside of the bottle somewhere. With a coil such as these, a thicker juice will not absorb into the cotton so quickly. If the VG content is much over 50 or 60, it's harder for it to saturate the coil, meaning you may have to let it sit longer to absorb.

I can try this, and see if it helps.
First problem is that the coils come from the factory with dry cotton and they will burn if fired dry. Sometimes an air bubble will form and some of the cotton remains dry even if the coil is primed. Some Joyetech coils feed from the bottom and it is important to invert the coil and put a couple of drops down each slot before turning right side up and putting five drops in the hole. That will normally wet all of the cotton inside the atomizer.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

oh sorry, though it is odd that with a set power device that the coils are burning. Maybe it is old juice you are tasting. Only thing I can think of now would be put an old coil in, and fill the tank with just very warm (not hot) tap water (no soap), rinse and repeat a couple times, and set the coil aside a few days to dry. Either that, or just keep vaping until the burnt taste goes away, if it isn't to bad. I am saying rinse with the coil, since I can't tell from the pictures i found if the water would get into your battery if the coil was out, so best not to take the chance.
Aside from this, I don't think there is much you can do with an AIO. That is the nature of the beast though, super simple to use, but not a lot of trouble shooting options.
You might want to consider how much coils are costing you, and compare it to the price of just buying a new starter kit. I've seen some as low as $20-30 with a removable tank. I started on a Vplum, but that was like $60 plus tax.
Now this is a bit more than most starter kits I have seen, but a very nice starter kit. (just have to remember to start at low wattage after not using it for a few hours)

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, i started on one of those and though i dont think i have the answer here are some of my experiences with the Aio and .05 coil. Yeah got to prime it and do the dry draw like you have said. I found taking too long a draw when fired up depleted the coil easily of e juice, the coil is tiny and doesnt hold much, big drags followed quickly by another will see you get a dry hit soon enough and a burnt coil. In my starter kit was 2 tips for the top. One was an open tip and the other a spiral type inside it. The open tip would get spit back but the spiral one not much, the spiral design caught most of the juice spit before entering your mouth. I did find the coils only lasted me a week or thereabouts. But later i got the Aio Pro, same design sort of but with a 4ml tank and 2300mah battery as well as much larger and adjustable air flow ports. The same coils, .05, lasted in this though for a good week longer. I put it down to the increased air flow. You probably dont but try not to chain vape, wait about 15 seconds before the next draw/drag and now and then do a draw without firing it to keep that little coil wet. Im now on an aspire k4 but am about to change that too. The search for a good all round pen type for me continues. Cheers.

VU Sponsors