Become a Patron!

Burnt taste

I have the Kanger SubTank mini
Mini RBA Deck keeps giving me a burnt taste at more than 20wats if I take a hit longer than a sec or 2
what could be the problem.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wicking. Are you running high VG eliquid? What resistance did you build at?

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive heard of people sticking a needle all the way through the cotton, through the coil, and poke it out the other side. Dont know if that might help.

Had similar experiences..
On average for every 10 coils u buy 2 will be faulty and burn
I have found poking holes in juice holes then causes them invariably to flood.
My advice toss it and put a new one in.
Just on that when you put a new coil in put 3 drops juice down the center airhole to wet wick..and start on a very low watts with aporox 10 short mouth hits to allow the juice to saturate cotton

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On the juice side
I personally find these coils battle at high watts on 70 VG
The juice appears to be a little thick

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ou guys are giving great advice for teh PRE BUILT OCC COIL HEADS

He is asking about the RBA deck

first question we need to know
is this a V1 deck
or V2 deck
the V2 deck has 2 holes in the chimney and a screw to hold the chimney on

the problem is most likely wicking issues.

And I know you gonna think I asking a dumb question
Are u sure it's a 0.5 ohm coil as the sub tank comes with two coils 1.2 and 0.5.
Lastly there is huge debate going on on various forums about the new vertical coil versus the old horizontal coil and burning on the vertical coil.
Maybe try and get one of each and see the difference for your self
Lastly I personally would switch to 60/40 or maybe thin drops with distilled water

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
And I know you gonna think I asking a dumb question
Are u sure it's a 0.5 ohm coil as the sub tank comes with two coils 1.2 and 0.5.
Lastly there is huge debate going on on various forums about the new vertical coil versus the old horizontal coil and burning on the vertical coil.
Maybe try and get one of each and see the difference for your self
Lastly I personally would switch to 60/40 or maybe thin drops with distilled water

once again great advice for stock occ coil heads, but he is asking about the rba deck and using the prebuilt .5 ohm coils that come in the kit to install on it.

If it version 1 sadly you will need to widen the two juices channels on the sides..I had to..
I am yet to see a guy run on the version 1 using these juices feeds as they came on 70 % VG juice.
Try this.take out wick and screw on ring..Put some 70% VG juice in tank and then sit back and look down chimney and wait to see juice flow in through juice holes..
Suggest you read a book while you wait cause wait you will

@mattp .. Bet you ten quid it's a version one..
If it version 2 then alas he has discovered every new coil builders nightmare..
The successful art of wicking

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
it probably is a v1, they are a pain to wick right. my V2 is simple. But it would be nice to know so we can give the right advice.

John C

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I drilled juice holes into my two v1 rbas ....and they have been absolutely heaven to use ever since. well, not absolute heaven...that would involve neeekkkid girls.

Swoop_81

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a kangertech first problem.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Its a V2
.5coil

I have rewicked it and it seems to be a little better after that and butting a CV4 sony battery in. but still having the issue also sometimes I get a poping then some juice spits up.

CloudySkies

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're getting dry hits on a v2 RBA deck I can offer you a few tips. 1: Use a minimum inner-diameter of 2mm
2: Cut your wick about 1mm longer than the outer diameter of the deck and fluff it out on all sides so that you have a cone shaped wick pointing in towards your coil. Push it back enough to slip the deck ring over the deck and then push the sides of the wick against the wall of the deck. It basically creates a funnel so juice can flow right to your coil yet it keeps a seal to prevent spitback

VU Sponsors