Become a Patron!

Burnt Taste at Low Wattage

So I just got the Xcube 2 and Smok TFV4. Love it for the most part, but I'm having a burnt coil issue at high wattage. I'm using the quad coil right now, which is supposed to go up to 120W, but I have friends that say they take it up to 200 with no problem. So I'm wondering why I start to get a burnt taste at about 90W and it gets worse the higher I go. I primed the coil (a lot), started at low wattage and worked my way up slowly, and I don't chain vape, which are the only things I've found that people say cause this problem. I also use around a 70/30 mix liquid so it shouldn't be an absorption issue. Also this has happened with both coils so far. The thing is great up to 80 watts which is awesome, but I bought this rig so I could take it up to higher watts... Advice?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It depends more on the e-liquid, on how high you can go with the power. Not every juice likes it hot. Before I started making my own, I used to buy a Vanilla juice, and I couldn't go higher than 20W with it.

Cubed2mod

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Had the same freaking problem when I had got mine when they first came out. Bought a new quad, let it prime for way way longer than usual (just to make sure that wasn't an issue). Same exact problem again? Except I couldnt use mine over 70w without that happening. I asked the guys at my shop and no one knew. It was the first tank I had bought in forever...Impressed by the clouds but not the other issues. Haven't touched it in almost two months lol. ADVICE

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, could it be your wick job? I mean, perhaps your wick material is too dense/tight and needs to be fluffed and loosened a bit. Maybe thinned out.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also, could it be your wick job? I mean, perhaps your wick material is too dense/tight and needs to be fluffed and loosened a bit. Maybe thinned out.
I sometimes have to do that. A sewing needle works wonders on a compacted wick. I pick it or pierce it with the needle and it makes a world of difference.

VU Sponsors