Become a Patron!

Burnt hits constantly on m2 coils

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Hey all,

New here but not to vaping. I just got a baby beast brother tank and I'm vaping it on a battlestar. With the .4 coil (registering at .37) I get burnt hit if I go higher than about 35w. I get burnt hits lower too after a few pulls. I've cleaned it, tried different juices, etc and I just can't win with this thing.

I also tried a .2 coil new out of the box and I get the message "shorted". Same as above tried multiple things and the damn coil won't register.

Anyone else having these issues? Any tips? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help is much appreciated - thanks!

Drake m

Member For 2 Years
M2 coils are intented for 3.7 direct volt mods.. I found success taking a needle and roughing the cotton up a bit. They just pack it to tight sometimes. I only use the tank as a back up now to expensive of coils so ya RTA. But worth a try if you want its not guna hurt anything.

Squall

Member For 2 Years
Yeah the M2 coils aren't the best for the baby beast, they're specifically made for the Smok stick V8, though they will work - occasionally.

The best coils imo are either the x4 or the T6 and is a good flavoursome mood with those installed.
I've moved into on rta now but still vape the baby beast from time to time for convenience.

I'm not sure about the Battlestar particularly but my first mod wouldn't fire coils as low as 0.2, maybe that's the problem although a quick Google would tell you that.

Anyway, didn't really add much that hasn't been said previously but just my 2 pennies worth. :)

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
UPDATE: I punched some holes in the wick ... and it worked! No more burnt hits. I'm able to vape it past 50w no prob. But, I also changed juices, using a 50/50 now, so that may be part of it too.

Either way. I think I'm pretty much done after this coil gonna go straight builds from now on.

Thanks for all your help/advice/feedback/etc :)

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So, got my tfv8-x baby rta deck tonight ... boom! Vapes great. Great flavour, great clouds, super easy to install.

IMG_0199.JPG

VU Sponsors