Become a Patron!

Burning through coils too quick?

I use a Kangertech Mega and 1.2 ohm coils. I recently switched to the cotton ones as the (fiberglass I think) ones would go bad in 2-3 days. The cotton ones were lasting 5-7 days but are now only lasting 2-3 days. All of the sudden I start getting nasty, acrid hits so that lets me know the coil went bad.
I vape at about 9.5 Watts so I don't think that I am using too many watts for these to burn out so quickly?
Powered using a 30W Eleaf battery. I am debating switching to a different unit all together, any suggestions?
I have no interest in making my own coils, nor do I want to add juice every few hits. I like adding fluid once a day and not having to deal with anything else for the day.
I probably burn through 2-2.5 mls a day. Is there a better unit/system out there where the coils last at least a week and produces a good hit?
(I am a former smoker, haven't had a cigarette in 14 months. Vaping for me replaces the smokes. Currently using 11mg mic levels)
Thanks!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried cleaning them?

It seems odd that they wouldn't last a week, at your level of consumption. That said, I had some serious issues with Kanger coils a month or so ago myself. Too many counterfeits out there.

Are they all from the same box? Or has this been on ongoing issue?

Have you tried cleaning them?

It seems odd that they wouldn't last a week, at your level of consumption. That said, I had some serious issues with Kanger coils a month or so ago myself. Too many counterfeits out there.

have not tried cleaning them, figured they were toast. I always buy about 25 a time, usually from myvapestore. They look real, have the holograms and what not.
I just put a new one in last night and it's starting to go already..I clean it daily when filling up so would like to think I take care of it. Starting to get miffed about these damn coils lasting 1-2 days!!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Some people say don't bother or that it's a bad idea to clean them. But I always did, as have others.

And you might not get good results. I just soaked mine overnight in alcohol, then allowed a day for drying.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think cleaning cotton coil head units ruins them, muting the flavor. Silica wicks can successfully be washed, though...
Are you using heavy VG e-liquids? 11mg isn't very much nic. If you want a good 'hit', try upping the nic and PG content...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Aside from that. I would consider getting an Evic mini. And using TC mode/coils.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some juices can clog coils in a hurry. Usually creamy ones.

I use Nautilus and my coils last about two weeks. I do clean and reuse coils.

VU Sponsors