Become a Patron!

Burning rubber taste from Cleito coils?

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Picked up an Aspire Cleito for my RX200 (Mod is overkill for the setup, I know, but just wanted something to use while I find the right RDA build for me)

When I bought it, he filled the tank up with some juice I chose at the shop, and primed it. Let it sit for maybe 2 minutes tops, and the flavor was amazing. (Using the supplied .4 coil, not the .2)

After about a week maybe more, I was loosing vapor and flavor, so I bought a few .4 replacement coils at the same shop. I got home, decided to try the .2 since I had it in the box still, primed it using the same Fruit Loops juice I used with the .4. Kept getting this nasty rubbery burnt taste. NOT burnt cotton.

Tried BOTH of the new .4 ohm coils, and im getting the same damn thing. From some Googling, it seems this is common with Aspire? What the hell? $5 bucks a pop for a coil adds up if im going to have to keep buying new ones and draining my tank to try them out and hope they're good.

Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Throw it in the trash like I did mine. Tried 4 coils and all were crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats a bummer. The first coil it came with, I loved. Spoke so highly of the Cleito, but I guess its trash. Any recommendations on what to replace it with?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats a bummer. The first coil it came with, I loved. Spoke so highly of the Cleito, but I guess its trash. Any recommendations on what to replace it with?
I'm liking the Arctic V8 mini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Really liking that one as well from what ive seen online. I see it compared to the Smok TFV4 alot, but they say the con of the TFV4 is the 24mm size. I like the bigger size, have you (or anyone else feel free to chime in) had any personal experience with the TFV4?

briand

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was gonna order the TFV4 online it was about $32ish shipped just the tank not the kit.

(Mind you it was Friday night around 8pm) found a local shop open til 9, they had the kit for $42, but missing the spare tank glass so he gave me a few bucks off.

This thing is amazing. Holy shit. Adjustable airflow on the drop tip?! It makes the vape seem cool/cold. It's blowing my mind lol. Now I get the "you get what you pay for" thing here.

Vaped at least 3/4 of a tank through it in less than an hour. Can't stop!

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like my crown tank with the rba. The stock coils are good, i like there temp control coils as well. Tc works great on the rx200 (its my workhorse). But i really like the rba for the crown. Nit the biggest build platform, but cheaper then the replacment coils ocd you put a few builds in it. Curently running 28k 36 fused clapton in the crown. Things freakin sweet

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was gonna order the TFV4 online it was about $32ish shipped just the tank not the kit.

(Mind you it was Friday night around 8pm) found a local shop open til 9, they had the kit for $42, but missing the spare tank glass so he gave me a few bucks off.

This thing is amazing. Holy shit. Adjustable airflow on the drop tip?! It makes the vape seem cool/cold. It's blowing my mind lol. Now I get the "you get what you pay for" thing here.

Vaped at least 3/4 of a tank through it in less than an hour. Can't stop!

Just an FYI..

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...c_indicates_tfv4_and_other_atomizers_damages/

Picked up an Aspire Cleito for my RX200 (Mod is overkill for the setup, I know, but just wanted something to use while I find the right RDA build for me)

When I bought it, he filled the tank up with some juice I chose at the shop, and primed it. Let it sit for maybe 2 minutes tops, and the flavor was amazing. (Using the supplied .4 coil, not the .2)

After about a week maybe more, I was loosing vapor and flavor, so I bought a few .4 replacement coils at the same shop. I got home, decided to try the .2 since I had it in the box still, primed it using the same Fruit Loops juice I used with the .4. Kept getting this nasty rubbery burnt taste. NOT burnt cotton.

Tried BOTH of the new .4 ohm coils, and im getting the same damn thing. From some Googling, it seems this is common with Aspire? What the hell? $5 bucks a pop for a coil adds up if im going to have to keep buying new ones and draining my tank to try them out and hope they're good.

Anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

Now I know it might be a pain in the ass but yes I do have a solution. I really think they use cheap ass cotton that has chemicals or something on it so before I need to change it I rinse my coil with water, let it dry and then run about a tank full of juice through it and it will go away. Now that's a lot of work, I get that. I did say it's a pain in the ass! But for a cheap tank, I think once the weird taste goes away it's a great tank that doesn't spit.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one, not all that impressed with the flavor, puts out a lot of vapor, but kinda mutes the "middle" flavors of my juice.

Same here. Aspire coils taste like shit. Hate it. Went through 20 and like 2 were okay. Ready to toss it in the trash and go back to smoking cigarettes. At least when you buy a pack of cigarettes they always taste the same. Aspire (and starre) have given me such a bad taste that I don't think vaping is a solution to quitting smoking. You can recommend a different brand but these were highly recommended by several vape shops so I'll be reluctant to believe anything I hear. They're all cheap unreliable Chinese pieces of shit.

Ivisible

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Guess i was luckly when i started out. The Cleito tank was my first setup and never had any issue with the coils. but moving over to a RDA RDTA there is no turning back once you start building. I enjoy being able to control my setup rather than a company telling me what i should vape it at. Just some food for thought.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought one of Cleito tanks plus 5 replacement 0.4 ohm coils about ten days ago. The first coil lasted me a week. Im pretty much forced to vape at 30-35w. Even though its rated for 40-60w. If I turn it up past 35w the coil gets a little bit hot. The Vapor hit gets hot too.

VU Sponsors