Become a Patron!

Burning out my TFV8-Q4’s, why?

i really enjoy the flavor I get from the TFV8-Q4. But I seem to be replacing it every 4-5 days. I get what taste like I am burning it dry. I typically run it at 100w. I will admit I like sweet fruit flavors which I’m told does not help. I typically use naked 100 original juices as well as Lemon Twist and Aqua pure. Is it the juices or do the coils typically burn out quick. I’m also open to suggestions on new tanks and atomizers. It’s all about the flavor for me.

rxmilitia

Member For 4 Years
Are you seeing brown marks on it or are they just tasting burned?

There’s a method with these coils where you take a needle and poke a few tiny holes through the coil into the cotton to make sure the juice is reaching the middle of the coil. They are known to not saturate completely and start to burn the inner cotton.

I ran through about 8 coils before I learned this

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If primed properly and not using sweet juices you should get 2-3 weeks.
Drop juice down centre till outlets on side start to soak in and turn grey. Take a few primer pulls then slowly increase in 5 watt increments till you get to your sweet spot.
Doing this I used to get 3 weeks out of coils but with pre made coil tanks there can be duds!

i really enjoy the flavor I get from the TFV8-Q4. But I seem to be replacing it every 4-5 days. I get what taste like I am burning it dry. I typically run it at 100w. I will admit I like sweet fruit flavors which I’m told does not help. I typically use naked 100 original juices as well as Lemon Twist and Aqua pure. Is it the juices or do the coils typically burn out quick. I’m also open to suggestions on new tanks and atomizers. It’s all about the flavor for me.
Ive heard about new technology of Coils in ( aspire revvo tank ) coil for For 2-3 weekes
Have some one tried it ?
https://aspirevapeco.com/tanks/aspire-revvo-tank/
c4ac69ab12e9d4cf69fbf3e2c1b5e0df.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
With the Smok Coils the sweet spot for me has always been somewhere around the minimum recommended wattage on the side of the coil. I have one that has been in use for over a month. It looks kind of gross because of the dark juice but still working just fine.

Usually after a couple of weeks will have to start adding watts to keep it chugging and generally its done for when I start getting around the maximum recommended watts.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Brett Kleinberg and I hope you enjoy your stay~! If your coils do not last you are not using them correctly whether it be properly priming or breaking then in, to firing at too high a wattage. I personally vape at 20-25% lower then what they recommend but that is what works for me and I flood my coils to prime them. I am an impatient bastard~! Good Luck

VU Sponsors