Become a Patron!

Burning after opening the lid

Hello everyone,

I've started vaping a few weeks ago, so I'm super amateur I don't know if it's a problem or not. I've searched, but I haven't found an answer.

I'm using the Vaperesso Swag Kit, when I open and close the atomizer's liquid lid, it burns my throat in the next 5-10 vaping.The weird thing is, I wasn't having this situation on the previous coil. (I say previous coil but don't know if it's about coil or not because when I change the coil I also changed my liquid from 0mg nicotine liquid to 6mg nicotine liquid.

So I don't know if the problem is liquid or the coil, maybe something else?. I have a new coil today, but the same problem continues.

An extra information: I clicked on system default setting and tried to turn my device factory settings back and strangely, the only changed thing is screen. it turned upside down. Mayve I have to set up something I don't know.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello everyone,

I've started vaping a few weeks ago, so I'm super amateur I don't know if it's a problem or not. I've searched, but I haven't found an answer.

I'm using the Vaperesso Swag Kit, when I open and close the atomizer's liquid lid, it burns my throat in the next 5-10 vaping.The weird thing is, I wasn't having this situation on the previous coil. (I say previous coil but don't know if it's about coil or not because when I change the coil I also changed my liquid from 0mg nicotine liquid to 6mg nicotine liquid.

So I don't know if the problem is liquid or the coil, maybe something else?. I have a new coil today, but the same problem continues.

An extra information: I clicked on system default setting and tried to turn my device factory settings back and strangely, the only changed thing is screen. it turned upside down. Mayve I have to set up something I don't know.

Sounds like a sub-hm coilhead; sounds like a dryhit; sounds like it wasn't primed.

Sounds like, ... @PoppaVic got you diagnosed out well here. :)

Let me toss an image up here to help.

swag_10.png

Look on the side of the piece labeled GT Coil in the exploded view of your tank. If it has anything less than 1.00 Ω then you're using a sub-Ω (sub-ohm) coil. If you hit it while the wick is not saturated with ejuice then you're taking a dry-hit, this taste can go away but remember it as you'll need to recall the nastiness so as to not do it again. Keep your wicks saturated in juice, always. Well not always because you'll usually want them packed and stored dry. But once you got wick/ atomizer on the mod you want wicks saturated.

Priming a coil is not difficult. Take a few hits without firing the fire button. Let your mod set for about ten minutes to soak in the juice, take another quick no fire hit, then go about vaping as regular. This ought to ensure you've got a primed and saturated coil. You'll want to do this process any time you set a mod aside for over say two hours or so. This is another matter that is subjective in vaping. You'll need to find what works for you doing that. Don't let anyone tell you the one and right way to vape. There is no such creature. We all are newbies even if we've been doing it a few years.

Don't fear asking questions. No one will think any less of you. In fact we'll think the better of you for asking. Learning despite fear shows courage, intellect.

Thanks for your reply. I always search on google, read some texts before asking for help. I read some articles about priming and dry hit. Yesterday I mounted new coil. I waited for 10-15 minutes before vaping. After 10-15 minutes , I first inhale without pressing the button a few Times then also blow. Then started normal vaping. Still same problem but today I'll use nicotine-fre liquid whole day so let's see how it works at the end of the day

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
New vapor here as well. I noticed that when I changed my coil and started a new juice flavor that it had a strange taste, not burnt, but still strange. Then I realized that the new bottle had 6 mg nicotine as opposed to the 3 mg that I started with. I talked with my local vape shop about this and ended up buying some juice with 3 mg as they said I may be tasting the stronger nicotine. I will switch back over to the 3 mg when I replace the coil at some point this week to confirm. I still have 3 new bottles of juice at 6 mg and 3/4 of a bottle to either get rid of or use.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
New vapor here as well. I noticed that when I changed my coil and started a new juice flavor that it had a strange taste, not burnt, but still strange. Then I realized that the new bottle had 6 mg nicotine as opposed to the 3 mg that I started with. I talked with my local vape shop about this and ended up buying some juice with 3 mg as they said I may be tasting the stronger nicotine. I will switch back over to the 3 mg when I replace the coil at some point this week to confirm. I still have 3 new bottles of juice at 6 mg and 3/4 of a bottle to either get rid of or use.
Cotton in pre-made coils like that sometimes takes a bit to break in and not have a weird taste.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Have you tried playing with wattage while the new coil breaks in?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cotton in pre-made coils like that sometimes takes a bit to break in and not have a weird taste.

Got a suspicion about such cotton wicks in ready made. I suspect whoever makes them beforehand uses whatever cotton is on hand, not organic cotton. For all anybody knows those making these coils might use cotton that has bovine DNA and some form of a DuPont/Mosanto/Bayer pesticide baked in.

Just a tidbit:

A merger will also mean the Bayer-Monsanto company will control nearly 70% of the cotton acerage in the United State – unacceptably high by antitrust standards. Monsanto already possesses a 97 percent share for soybean traits, a 75 percent share for corn traits, and a 95 percent share for cotton traits, a combined Bayer-Monsanto would have a greater (and for cotton a dominant) share of the seed market, where its traits are promoted.

Monsanto’s already tight restrictions on independent, objective research of its seeds can result in a “new normal”. Already, academics must gain express approval before researching any seeds licenced with Monsanto’s traits.

citing:
A Bayer-Monsanto merger would violate anti-trust laws to create the largest agro-industrial company in the world

Something to give a very grave consideration is that in the U.S. folks are only allowed to grow so much hemp. This goes back to a law based off commerce. Individuals are not allowed to harvest more than 11 acres of wheat to sale. If an individual is allowed more than that amount it disrupts interstate commerce. The same can be and has been applied to any kind of cash crop, hemp being only one, tobacco and corn/maize, soy, apples, legumes, peaches, pears, are included. So you as an individual can dream the grand American Dream that you'll grow up a cash crop like potatoes, earn some good income from selling potatoes. True reality is you will run into a glass ceiling, well iron ceiling as The Whiskey Rebellion, Blair Mountain in WV both illustrate. I'm sure there are plenty other cases. These were just ones readily in my brain.

This 11 acres law if I can tarry it such a name, stops the poor from rising above the caste of poor. It is this law in America which if struck down could see lots of billionaires nearly overnight. The problem is it will not be struck down due to the vicious circle of capitalistic gains. Those with money, pay off corrupt government entities to maintain power, which lends to more wealth to maintain power, on and on it goes. Do you think folks in such a position will allow for change? I've several bridges to sell you if you think they will. It goes back to the crops needed transported for sale using Federal Interstate roads or rails, planes, boats so that it can be sold.

Well no, the poor cannot tie up these resources and take them away from the wealthy and powerful. That would disrupt the flow of interstate commerce, but what is actually meant is the wealth's (capital's) means to remain in power. Laws as they are currently are usually statutes or policies and deemed legal simply from a judicial administrator having a hearing, where by the capital simply flashes money and gets granted whatever it desires. Yes, money does talk. All those judicial administrators heard it loud and clear. While such laws might be legal, they are not by any means I discern lawful. Granted I'm no attorney or lawyer nor do I pretend any such highfalutin notions. I'm some dumb hillbilly that calls spades, spades.

But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind
And I'll take my time anywhere

Anywhere I roam, where I lay my head is home
But I'll take my time anywhere
I'm free to speak my mind anywhere

Wherever I May Roam

I'm likely to be ran off of here because I sling my balls out on the table, offering a knife for someone to take up. No point to sugar coat the truth I think. People need to know this kind of stuff, political though it might be. Although you know what I find? No one cares. They rather keep bitching and carrying on, look for something or somebody else to blame. Well, the truth of the matter is we all did this. It was set up for us to do behind the scenes I'm sure, but nevertheless, we chose it by our ballots and votes. So why can we not choose to undo it the same way? Well, ... no one cares.

Now, I can be wrong and gladly will except corrections. I'll even own up to being wrong. Don't think I'm too far off the mark though. In any case I'll say happy vaping today & hope the best for us all. I've kind of gotten myself in a dark spot thinking about all of this. That shows me why I keep tossing my brain away. So damn frustrating that thought has to hurt so much.

Meanwhile, ... I'm going to go get some :coffee: & choose to be happy despite all the bullocks. Want to piss off the world? Tell it to go un-fuck itself by smiling at it. :) Love wins! I side with love, guess I win as well. :)

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried playing with wattage while the new coil breaks in?

If your question is directed at me, I haven't as I'm still using my vape pen. The coil that I'm referring to is the GT CCell 2 0.3 ohm that also came in the kit. I believe it has ceramic inside instead of the mesh. Perhaps I'm tasting that? Anyway, no biggie as I've got a couple of boxes of the GT Mesh coils ready to go and just wanted to use the coil instead of letting it go to waste.

VU Sponsors