Become a Patron!

Burn taste, dry hits..

Hi, im still a noob in this vaping stuff.. Currently im using kangertech subox mini starter kit.. Using the standard rba that comes with it.. Building my own coil & getting 0.7 ohm.. I will always gets the burn taste & dry hits? Is it due to my ejuice? Btw my ejuice is 30pg & 70vg..so any advise?

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanx for the reply.. But from what i know, kangertech subox mini doesnt have temperature control?

He's referring to you having your wattage too high. Google for some videos on coil wicking to get an idea how to wick your coils. Most people tend to use too much cotton starting out.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanx for the reply.. But from what i know, kangertech subox mini doesnt have temperature control?
Nope it uses wattage or volts I think what @BigNasty meant was to turn down your wattage or volts because the coil might be getting too hot.

& for the cotton, i will use 5mm only.. Is it too much?
Use just enough so that the cotton makes contact with the coil.Use a pair of tweezers to grab an end of the cotton and gently pull.If the cotton feels stiff or it don't move it's too much.Pull it out and trim them slip it back in...Repeat that process until the point where you can pull the cotton out without it feeling stiff.By the way this is why I rarely wrap my own coils.Wrapping coils with severe nerve damage in both hands ain't fun.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He's referring to you having your wattage too high. Google for some videos on coil wicking to get an idea how to wick your coils. Most people tend to use too much cotton starting out.
I know for sure I did.Using cotton was nothing like using silica where if it was too much silica you just grab a few strands and pulled.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope it uses wattage or volts I think what @BigNasty meant was to turn down your wattage or volts because the coil might be getting too hot.

Use just enough so that the cotton makes contact with the coil.Use a pair of tweezers to grab an end of the cotton and gently pull.If the cotton feels stiff or it don't move it's too much.Pull it out and trim them slip it back in...Repeat that process until the point where you can pull the cotton out without it feeling stiff.By the way this is why I rarely wrap my own coils.Wrapping coils with severe nerve damage in both hands ain't fun.
Yep.
Been a rough couple days I did not convey that clearly.
Also check the connections to the leads in the RBA deck to make sure they are snug and not loose, a little hot spot does wonders on flavor. (not in a good way)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep.
Been a rough couple days I did not convey that clearly.
Also check the connections to the leads in the RBA deck to make sure they are snug and not loose, a little hot spot does wonders on flavor. (not in a good way)
No worries we've all had wonky days that lead to bad postings.Hell half my posts might take Dennis Miller down a Road to Perdition.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great advice in here, I would also like to add with my personal experience with this same setup, anything over 40w and the juice holes are just too small to keep up. At lower temps I love this for an ADV.

VU Sponsors