Become a Patron!

Burn lung hit on new ego one mega!

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can someone please help me ? I just got the ego one mega today. I'm using 70/ 30 vg/pg and the .5ohm coil it comes with. The juice is made by the place I bought the set up. When I take short lung hits, 1-2 sec it's fine, tastes great . If I pull a hit longer bam, my lungs are on fire and it tastes burned. I take tiny hits again and it's fine...wth? I did use a needle to poke through wick and it helped a bit. I'm so frustrated...I spent $ on this :(

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much power are you vaping with it?
Not sure what you mean? I'm using a .5ohm coil...it is just a one button thing. I thought the only way to control power out is by what coil you use?...sorry I'm a nubby..

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I've realized as I have vaped on this ego mega this morning that it is a combo of my juice being mostly vg and thicker and the tiny damn holes in the coil. So when I try to take wide open large lung hits, the juice can't get in the coil fast enough thus the burn....so I poked holes with a needle though the cotton and now occasionally close the air hole on tank and suck some juice in without firing, and then open the slot 75% and take a reasonable lung hit. I'm getting great flavor and no burn. Poor design on the coils. As I expand my vape equip I will try to find a better sub ohm tank...perhaps a kangertech sub? Let me know your thoughts and thanks again for helping think through this;)

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple Megas and consider them to be just "okay". Def NOT a lung hitter. Do the lil' needle poke thing.
I use the .2 ohm NI200 heads and 25/75vg juice.
Oh really ? Where do I get .2 coils for the mega tank?. The instructions say no lower than .3ohm....sorry I'm learning all this...kinda new since my first was an ego twist, then recently got a istick 50w with a kanfer sub mini...knocked my socks off...lol then I'm hitting this like wtf?

Vape on

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure what you mean? I'm using a .5ohm coil...it is just a one button thing. I thought the only way to control power out is by what coil you use?...sorry I'm a nubby..

Vape on
Oh ok...i thought you just had the tank and a different device...and for the most part yes, if its not an adjustable wattage or voltage device , then the coil(s) ohms and battery voltage will determine the set wattage.

You may want to consider a device with variable wattage as you can tailor what you like without regard to the ohms of the coil.

For example you couldve maybe lowered the wattage which would allow for less juice being burned on the coil and allow the wicking to keep up. (In some cases)

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one of those ego one tanks that has ".5" stamped right on the coil, but it won't fire on anything but my Sigelei or ipv4 because it reads ".1". I don't trust it.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh really ? Where do I get .2 coils for the mega tank?. The instructions say no lower than .3ohm....sorry I'm learning all this...kinda new since my first was an ego twist, then recently got a istick 50w with a kanfer sub mini...knocked my socks off...lol then I'm hitting this like wtf?

Vape on
Please dont get .2 coils...your problem will be even worse than it is now...and your device will not fire it or if it does, work it to death with possible battery issues.

If you like the tank you just need a better device to use with it.

As suggested the kanger sub box mini kit would work very well..better tank and device.

However ,you need to invest in 2 batteries and a charger to use it.

A Nitecore Intellicharger can be had for around $12 to $15.00 and 2 batteries at say $12 to $14.

Some LG HE2 batteries are about as low cost as it gets for a quality battery that has the requirements to power your device safely at .5 ohms.

I get all my batteries from liionwholesale.com...they also carry the charger i mentioned above.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did a vape shop sell you the set up you have now?

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one of those ego one tanks that has ".5" stamped right on the coil, but it won't fire on anything but my Sigelei or ipv4 because it reads ".1". I don't trust it.
Ohooo I'll try putting it on my eleaf 50w and see what it reads!

Vape on

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would use the tank on the eleaf 50w...lol

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Duh! I should have done that!

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They won't work on your mod. They are for temp controlled mods only.
My advice is to forget temp control and stick with the basics for a bit.
After you're comfortable with an unregulated setup, like your Mega battery with a Kanger Subtank for instance...
Then begin with variable wattage. The Kanger Subox is a great starting point for VW.
Well that's totally fine. The reason I got the eleaf I stick 50w is room to grow and with my ego twist I slipped back into cigarettes. I've dropped the 50w twice so I got the mega because it was easier to carry etc. My plan is to just chill with these for a bit. If I continue with issues I'll get a kanger sub tank mini for my mega battery. I tried those two together and it was great ;)

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you all sooo much....you all have been super helpful and nice! I'm kinda alone with my renewed love of vape since my hubby has no desire to join the party and my other friends are nurses mostly who think it's just like smoking so....

Vape on

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you're clumsy I reccomed the isub tank for a beater subtank. Polycarb, less than $15, I have had zero issues with mine. Definitely gotta do the safety pin thru the cotton tho on this one to help it wick better. .5 coils and it seems to do well for me. My .05 cents.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Weird I mix at 85vg 15 pg and I have never had an issue vaping a standard ego coil at 30-35 watts....this is in the ego one midsize tank.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28f605e565e87c4a4a3236553e91a547.jpg
well there ya go....switched and both work beautifully. ..go figure. The mega coil is reading .5 ohm. I'll stick with this for a bit...very weird tho

Vape on

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine's just a dud. It reads .1 on my ohm meter too.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My kanger mini reads .7 ohm on my istick. Always has with the .5 coils. So I'm thinking the mega might be a Lil lower than.
.5.....just a thought

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you'll forgive my unsolicited opinion on vape forum advice, the #1 thing IMO is this...
Vapers can be divided into 2 distinct groups. The ex-smokers and the... "others".

The ex-smokers generally vape MTL style. (mouth to lung, like a cigarette) The "others" (cloud chasers, etc) do direct lung inhales.
My advice is to vape MTL. .5 ohms might be a lil warm. Anything below 1 ohm is considered Sub-ohm vaping, the lower, the hotter.

When you read forum posts, it is important to know which type of vaper is talking, and whether they are in common with you.
IOW, I am an ex-smoker, so I lend faarr more credence to posts written by ex-smokers.
Cloud chasers needs are completely different from mine. A perfect example is the Tobeco Supertank. People are absolutely gushing over it! But if you read closely, (and search the posters' histories) you'll see the device is not really a great MTL device at all... but maann, can it chuck sum cloudz!

It does take a little time to figure out whose vape tastes and styles are the most similar to yours.
Most ex-smokers crave 'throat hit'. We wanna feel that lump of vapor as we inhale. You will not get that with direct lung inhale.

What strength (mg nic) juice are you vaping?
True, though since I got the eleaf and have started lung inhale I love it. I actually like the fullness in my lungs :) but I just want flavor I'm not interested in more powerful devices for more cloud. I think the clouds the two I have are awesome. I was on 20mg nic on my ego twist, since I got the istick I went down to 3mg. Also the 20mg juice was mostly pg which really dried out my throat and the throat hit hurt. Now I'm on 70vg/30pg 3mg. I tried 6mg but it was too much.

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far I have zero desire to go back to cigs....I have asthma and my lungs have felt so much better since I only cape now

Vape on

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I still have a few old aspire tanks I use mtl at times, but once I got a subohm setup I don't do it much anymore. I still have the rare bummed cigarette in the parking lot after work or something, but I don't get good satisfaction from it anymore.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear ya...my sister still smokes and there is something about that first light and drag....but I love not being stinky and vaping in my house; ) especially when it's too hot or cold out!

Vape on

Pick up the CLR coils for the Ego One instead of the standard CL coils. They're about the same price and perform much better. These are also designed to be rebuilt if you plan on getting into that.

Be sure not to over tighten when using any tank other than the Mega on the Ego One battery. The center pin on the Ego One battery is fixed and will drop down if over tightened. Happened to me with my Subtank Mini and 1100mAh Ego One.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pick up the CLR coils for the Ego One instead of the standard CL coils. They're about the same price and perform much better. These are also designed to be rebuilt if you plan on getting into that.

Be sure not to over tighten when using any tank other than the Mega on the Ego One battery. The center pin on the Ego One battery is fixed and will drop down if over tightened. Happened to me with my Subtank Mini and 1100mAh Ego One.
I'll look into that! Not sure the difference between the two but I'm sure I'll find info...thanks!!!

Vape on

Guess I should have explained the differences in my first post :p

Standard Ego One CL coils:

eGo-One-coil-2.jpg

Ego One CLR coils:
clra.jpg

More wick exposed/bigger juice channels in the CLR

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess I should have explained the differences in my first post

Standard Ego One CL coils:

eGo-One-coil-2.jpg

Ego One CLR coils:
clra.jpg

More wick exposed/bigger juice channels in the CLR
Ohoooooooo OK I will totally look into those!!!!! Thank you!

Vape on

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wanted to let you all know that after using the ego mega tank on my I stick for a bit, I put it back on the mega battery and it works fine now....weird but hey. ...lol

Vape on

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ohoooooooo OK I will totally look into those!!!!! Thank you!

Vape on
f7beb214f06137ad13c0b7e5811950e5.jpg
121197cac8cbd4bf66098cbfb6c596bc.jpg
running a occ nickel coil in the sub tank mini 1 on my vaporshark rdna 40 at 40 watts all day long, the other is my snow wolf 200 watt with a tritan tank with a coil head at .3 ohms and pushing it with 60 watts of power never had a dry hit with either one, the coils last me almost 4 weeks at a time, i have about ten rda's that i have custom builds in but for some reason i love all my tanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As u can tell ive had my vaporshark since they came out, i a a-tek in a body shop its been dropped alot, had tons of dust in it, the paint is even peeling off, but to me one of the best box mod ive ever bought.

boriqua75

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet!!!! Yeah...I'm going to baby step into building coils...I'm practicing with the rba from my kangertank kit ;)

Vape on

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey if u like doing lung hits get the aspire tritan tank has 4 huge holes in the coil heads

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, Were Winning. Vaping, not Smoking. I have been with my new Trumpet for a couple of days. I still got it! Fingers are not as fast, but I got the Air! Air is Important. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny, when Nic Gonzales said Begin, you better! Taught me how be a star. Of breathing. Push the air, the tone is yours. A person is not forgotten if their Name is spoken I think. :cool:

jamey554

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love mine, the range is up to 40 watts on the coil head i actually run mine at 60 watts, and that a 70/30 blend no dry hits, i ran it at 30 watts the first day and after it was really good and soaked i cranked it to 60, hope this helps, i hate dry hits.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lung power, very important. Not so important when lighting up. Still freaks me out. 43 years of Smoking, & I'm still here. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love mine, the range is up to 40 watts on the coil head i actually run mine at 60 watts, and that a 70/30 blend no dry hits, i ran it at 30 watts the first day and after it was really good and soaked i cranked it to 60, hope this helps, i hate dry hits.
Don't let you be fooled. 75 watts is about all a Vaper needs. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I went nuts, & made an 8 coil Dripper Mate with a 100 watt Sigelei. Made in down town Corpus Christi, Texas
No Video, but it was funny. & it blows clouds. :cool:

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't let you be fooled. 75 watts is about all a Vaper needs. :cool:
Dude, I would go a Kill a Volt. Coils light at about 15 watts. No room for not looking good. Your just as good a person as anyone else. And you loved my story so much , This is going to crash, Isn't it.

VU Sponsors