Bumping up Nic for pre-made eliquids

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I am about to buy what was left of Reality from OM Vapors. They only have 3mg/WTA left in a 120ml.
How much nic should I add to bring it up to 15mg? 12 or 18 is good if it's simpler.
Thank you in advance.
:anyone:

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am about to buy what was left of Reality from OM Vapors. They only have 3mg/WTA left in a 120ml.
How much nic should I add to bring it up to 15mg? 12 or 18 is good if it's simpler.
Thank you in advance.
:anyone:
I'll take a shot at this, others can correct me if it's wrong. First question is what strength is your nic you're adding? Also need to be aware that unless you're using pure nicotine you're going to change the PG/VG ratio.

The way I would approach this is to use ELR to create 2 simple recipes, one at 3% and one at 15%, then take the difference in the amount of nic (at your strength) and add it to the juice you're trying to nic up. As an example, I use 100mg pg based nic so I would create these recipes:
3%.PNG 15%.PNG
That would tell me that I need to add 14.92 grams of 100mg/l nic (or 14.4 ml) to the bottle of juice to bring it up to 15% nic. You could get more precise and add some VG (if your nic is PG based) by dumping more juice out and replacing it with 14.92 grams of VG. That means you're dumping almost 29ml of your premixed juice, but you could take the same approach to nic'ing that up also.

Someone please check my math and approach, but that's how I would look at it.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ran it through my calculator ... making it at 12% (because it already has 3% in it.
Got the same answer ... 14.4ml, or ....around 331 drops :p
That will bring 120 ml up to 15% if using 100mg nic.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thank you for the chart sample, @marter ! And to you, @Slots ! This is so much appreciated. And, I now know how to use ELR for this purpose.
I am using 100% VG stored in my fridge for 2.5 yrs. I have gallons of *all* bases.
Om Vapors is sold out of Reality except for low nic. Bourbon Ball is in the same shape.
I'll let you know how it works.
Oh. Can I vape it right away or let it sit and be shaken for a few days?

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the chart sample, @marter ! And to you, @Slots ! This is so much appreciated. And, I now know how to use ELR for this purpose.
I am using 100% VG stored in my fridge for 2.5 yrs. I have gallons of *all* bases.
Om Vapors is sold out of Reality except for low nic. Bourbon Ball is in the same shape.
I'll let you know how it works.
Oh. Can I vape it right away or let it sit and be shaken for a few days?
Don't forget you'll be changing the PG/VG ratio unless your nic is 50/50 PG/VG. And if you were adding pure nic I wouldn't think it would need to steep. VG or PG may affect that though. I'm still pretty new at this. It certainly won't hurt to vape it right away but it may change as it steeps. Make sure you shake the ***** out of it.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Don't forget you'll be changing the PG/VG ratio unless your nic is 50/50 PG/VG. And if you were adding pure nic I wouldn't think it would need to steep. VG or PG may affect that though. I'm still pretty new at this. It certainly won't hurt to vape it right away but it may change as it steeps. Make sure you shake the ***** out of it.

Nic is pure 100%. I'm quite familiar with shaking the ***** out of it. And yes. I prefer it steep with the added nic. I do 30p\70v or better if I can find it.

I just bought an enormous amount of juice from Tmaxx's Going out of Business Sale. I shake all of those bottles every 3 days. I can break out the 30mls next week but the 120s I'll let steep until the end of January. Got them in a large Rubbermaid tub in my closet. I'm still waiting on a liter of my favorite. Should the bottles be burped while steeping? I used to do burp/breathe them but found I lost nic strength.

My new years eve resolution is to learn DIY. I have so many concentrates never used since mid 2016. The larger bottles are chilled in the fridge and the much smaller ones have been in the dark under both sides of my desk. Thanks again, Marter.

VU Sponsors