Become a Patron!

Bull City Vapor comes through big time

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tl;dr: BCV puts up with a lot of crap from me as a customer, eats cost of two orders lost by USPS, comes out looking like muddafuggin heroes...

Okay, I feel a long post coming, but this should speak volumes to Drew, Robert, and anyone else on the BCV crew, and why they've captured 100% of my DIY budget to date and probably going forward...

I placed a big order in early December, my first foray into DIY - everything came through right on time, and I had a blast, surprisingly mixing mostly vapeable juices for my wife and I right off the bat.

Even though I'd just bought like 40-something flavors, BCV was sold out of everything but little 15ml nic samples when I ordered - cutting down to 3mg I was still able to stretch these a long way, but ended up running low after a few weeks. Around the end of the year I placed an order for more nic, and a bunch more flavors to get up to the $75 free shipping mark.

While the first order shipped lightning-quick, I had nothing after a week and change on the second. Getting antsy as I mixed up the last of my nic into a base, I checked USPS, which for some reason claimed they'd delivered my order to my secure office building (I don't take packages at home, living in a highly transient beach town where mail gets swiped left and right).

When I e-mailed Drew, he graciously offered to have Robert help me open a dispute with USPS regarding the missing package, which we still hoped would turn up at some point. Because I still needed more nic, I placed a separate order for a big bottle (now back in stock), and waited.

And waited. And waited. More than a week later, the package was still showing as having been scanned into, but not out of, a USPS facility in Greensboro, NC, near the Bull City offices. By this time it was apparent my big flavor order, which also supposedly contained a bottle of nic, wasn't going to materialize.

At this point, Robert helped me recreate the order as close as he could, given fluctuating stock and some of my items now having sold out. I was told I'd have to pay for the order again, and that I'd get a credit back once the USPS dispute was settled. I didn't hit the minimum for free shipping, but he was kind enough to pick up the tab on this box anyway.

New problem: somehow the nic order (now for a 3rd bottle) had gotten left off - I got back in touch to re-order (and in the meantime went and bought a small bottle of nic locally, which served to illustrate just how good the VapersTek nicotine is, as I hadn't mixed with anything else previously). Instead of charging me for the bottle and maybe waiving shipping for the mistake (which is all I'd have thought would be fair to ask), Bull City instead picked up the whole tab, and sent the bottle out UPS.

Fast forward another week and change - the second (third?) flavor shipment arrives, everything sealed and in good shape like before. The UPS nic comes in. And, remarkably, the individual nic bottle I'd ordered and paid for magically shows up in my mailbox, almost a month after it shipped out!

At this point I've been going back and forth with Robert who, since he originally helped me open the claim for the first lost package, has now become the USPS point man and I'm unable to convince USPS to add my contact info to the file after hours of frustrating phone calls to their customer service line (I can only imagine how much time Robert's wasted on this from his end). His claim is denied, and I'm asked to produce a written affidavit that the shipment was never received (the postal creature swears in an internal interview that he handed it to me) for an appeal.

So far as I know this appeal is still going. But nonetheless, Drew reached out a few days ago to say that even though they don't think they're going to win the postal battle (my money would go back to BCV if so, since they insured the package upon shipping), that he's going to issue a store credit equal to the value of the lost package, even if he's not able to recoup the money himself, even though we all agree nothing was done wrong on his end, and even though I offer to pay for the second nic shipment he's not taking my money for it.

So I just placed my third (fourth?) big order with Bull City. I think I'm going to be stocked up on goodies for the foreseeable future, but once I start running low or decide to branch out and try some new flavors (if I keep lurking that damned FA thread it's gonna happen sooner than later!), @Roundhouse and company have firmly established themselves as my #1 go-to for putting up with all this crap when they really shouldn't have had to do so. I can't recommend them enough.

-=Rob=-

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been more than happy with my BCV orders. Never a problem and quick shipping. A current order should have arrived today per the tracking and didn't, but that's not their fault. Probably related to the storm in the N.E. It'll be here tomorrow. No biggie. Planning another order soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's awesome that they support their customers like that. @OBDave ....I am sorry you had that horrible problem with the post, I've had my battles myself...if I ever run out (or my flavoring finally expires next year,) I will definitely hit them up for more supplies as I am all about supporting businesses that support and stand by their customers. I can't say how awesome that is enough that they went to bat for you and took care of you like that :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I placed another big order last week with an odd request - that @Roundhouse not ship for an extra day to make sure USPS wouldn't attempt to deliver on a Saturday, just to make sure I'd have someone at my office to claim the package. Wouldn't you know it, for the first time ever they delivered ahead of schedule! Glad I've got a sign in my window asking them not to deliver anything they can't jam through the mail slot without someone present - note on tracking says I'll have goodies at the post office tomorrow morning!

Now there's just the matter of another dozen flavors I left off the order...

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered from BCV for the first time and it was a large order. I am very happy with there service and will place another large order very soon.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now close to $1000 deep into my relationship with BCV, and they're still one of my favorite suppliers to recommend - due to issues with stock and finding bulk supplies I've branched out to a couple other suppliers, but @Roundhouse and company are still my go-tos. Good customer service goes a long way...

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's awesome...there's nothing like finding a comfortable place to do business with...expecially if it's a smaller "mom and pop" type of business that are getting fewer and further in between. Back in the "great state" of Texas there was a corner store two blocks from my old house...even though the grocery store was only another four blocks I'd still buy as much as I could from the corner store because I knew the owners and they were my buddies and I wanted to support them. I feel the same way about vaping...I understand vaping on a budget but if I have the money I'll pay a couple more dollars if it's something I can afford to wait for (which is everything but juice and coil assemblies when I wear out the insolators on my Kanger and Aspire coil assemblies :) ) to support the people I want to succeed and do well, even the local brick and mortar down the street that is twice the price of anything online, I've made friends with them and love to go down there and be "that guy" I always bitch about because The guy working there is cool as shit and we get alone great. It's all about the personal connection and customer service and I look to hear a good review like this when for this one we will get nine bad ones...I wish more people would post happy ones like this and thank you @OBDave for sharing :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, around here being a BCV fanboy is kind of like preaching to the choir, but I still do it...

Hey now, like I said...we need more positive posts about stores and reviews and love for them...can't I "preach to the praise choir" as they say? ;)

VU Sponsors