Become a Patron!

Bull City or Wizard Labs?

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
okay guys, have my first DIY order all ready to go at both Bull City and Wizard Labs. Totals with shipping are within $2 of each other.
any coupon codes out there? i am frugal, ok, friggin cheap.....but quality matters as well.

who do i go with?

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
bull city all the way , all day , every day.

been researching this purchase for a while....read almost every DIY post here.

something told me you might favor BC.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
been researching this purchase for a while....read almost every DIY post here.

something told me you might favor BC.
hahaha I do man. I really go on and on about something I feel is quality. the service BCV provides, the variety of flavoring and supplies. lightning fast shipping and just a good vibe. I stopped using wizard labs a long time ago. if people like them thats fine, Im no more right than anyone else. its all preference. Im a top shelf kind of guy myself tho. used random vendors for awhile before I settled in my comfort zone with BCV. I get what I want at a fair price and top notch customer service. thats whats its all about. its the people there that make it what it is. anyone can sell flavoring and you can get it a lot places. I think you will be happy with your purchase. do ti do it ! lol

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hahaha I do man. I really go on and on about something I feel is quality. the service BCV provides, the variety of flavoring and supplies. lightning fast shipping and just a good vibe. I stopped using wizard labs a long time ago. if people like them thats fine, Im no more right than anyone else. its all preference. Im a top shelf kind of guy myself tho. used random vendors for awhile before I settled in my comfort zone with BCV. I get what I want at a fair price and top notch customer service.

i am the same way concerning vendors that do me right. BC is $2 more (shipping) but it sounds like they are the way to go.

one more question, the following is my list. keeping in mind that this is my first foray into DIY juice, thus the smallish qty's, does anyone see anything i am missing or wasting money on?

thanx in advance.....

RY4 Double-TFA (Size: 6ml)
2$1.15$2.30
Caramel (Original)-TFA (Size: 6ml)
1$1.15$1.15
Bavarian Cream-TFA (Size: 6ml)
1$1.15$1.15
Vanilla Swirl-TFA (Size: 6ml)
1$1.15$1.15
10ml Dropper Bottle w/ Childproof Cap
10$0.40$4.00
30ml Dropper Bottle w/ Childproof Cap
5$0.50$2.50
1ml Luer Lock Syringe
5$0.75$3.75
10ml Luer Lock Syringe
2$0.75$1.50
3ml Luer Lock Syringe w/ Blunt Fill Needle
5$1.00$5.00
60mg VT Nicotine Solution (Base Solution: VG (Vegetable Glycerin), Size: 120ml)
1$10.99$10.99
PG (Propylene Glycol) (Size: 120ml)
1$2.50$2.50
VG (Vegetable Glycerin) (Size: 120ml)
1$2.50$2.50

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i am the same way concerning vendors that do me right. BC is $2 more (shipping) but it sounds like they are the way to go.

one more question, the following is my list. keeping in mind that this is my first foray into DIY juice, thus the smallish qty's, does anyone see anything i am missing or wasting money on?

thanx in advance.....

RY4 Double-TFA (Size: 6ml)
2$1.15$2.30
Caramel (Original)-TFA (Size: 6ml)
1$1.15$1.15
Bavarian Cream-TFA (Size: 6ml)
1$1.15$1.15
Vanilla Swirl-TFA (Size: 6ml)
1$1.15$1.15
10ml Dropper Bottle w/ Childproof Cap
10$0.40$4.00
30ml Dropper Bottle w/ Childproof Cap
5$0.50$2.50
1ml Luer Lock Syringe
5$0.75$3.75
10ml Luer Lock Syringe
2$0.75$1.50
3ml Luer Lock Syringe w/ Blunt Fill Needle
5$1.00$5.00
60mg VT Nicotine Solution (Base Solution: VG (Vegetable Glycerin), Size: 120ml)
1$10.99$10.99
PG (Propylene Glycol) (Size: 120ml)
1$2.50$2.50
VG (Vegetable Glycerin) (Size: 120ml)
1$2.50$2.50
looks like a good starter man. good luck ! you could try this and adjust as needed. and ya you for sure cant VT nic at wizard labs. now that would be a waste of money lol

4% ry4
.5% caramel
1% bavarian cream
1% vanilla swirl

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI, TFA Caramel (Original) contains corn syrup and caramel color; both are ingredients I choose to avoid. You might want to instead consider TFA's newer caramel.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find the other TFA caramel has a very funky taste, though - but I never had the original to compare.

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe you're tasting Triacetin in the newer version? Quite certain I don't want to vape the corn syrup, (nor caramel color and diketones) in the "original". And agree, haven't yet found a caramel flavor meeting expectations.

BG, since RY4-D already has caramel, you may want to instead consider Acetyl Pyrazine. This is a versatile nutty/bready additive quite popular for RY4-D.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Knowing what I know now, I'd swap the vanilla swirl for FA Vanilla Classic, if you go with BCV. I like your flavor profile!

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FYI, TFA Caramel (Original) contains corn syrup and caramel color; both are ingredients I choose to avoid. You might want to instead consider TFA's newer caramel.
actually the recipe i am following calls for caramel candy, but BC seems to be out of stock. maybe i should go with the salted caramel...

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Knowing what I know now, I'd swap the vanilla swirl for FA Vanilla Classic, if you go with BCV. I like your flavor profile!
started vaping (and tossed the smokes after 40 years) 1 month ago today. got my gear and went to a local shop sampling a little bit of everything looking for the flavor profiles that i liked. one of the first that was suggested was Why Are For by Kustom. Loved it, and still do. Trouble is, the stuff is a little expensive at close to a $1 a ml. ever since i have been trying vendors RY4's looking for something similar at a better price. No luck so far, so mixing my own just seems to make sense since i can save money and adjust the flavors to my liking.

Looks like i might want to add the vanilla classic to my list.

thanx for the advice....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
bgadds, congrats, man! That's so great :) One month smoke free!!

Yes, vanilla classic is delish. Creamy, yummy vanilla. Vanilla swirl is good, don't get me wrong. Nothing wrong with having both.

WharfRat1976

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what does that have to do with BCV ?
Bull City Vapor is a perfect name for them. Their "repackaged" Capella is not Capella imho. I threw out 15 of the 20 or so flavorings I got from Bull City Vapor. So I guess what that has to do with Bull City Vapor is that I will never order another flavoring from Bull City Vapor. If you are a personal shill or associated with Bull City Vapor you should identify yourself as such. If you are not than more power to you. This is my opinion and in no way should be construed as a statement of fact.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bull City Vapor is a perfect name for them. Their "repackaged" Capella is not Capella imho. I threw out 15 of the 20 or so flavorings I got from Bull City Vapor. So I guess what that has to do with Bull City Vapor is that I will never order another flavoring from Bull City Vapor. If you are a personal shill or associated with Bull City Vapor you should identify yourself as such. If you are not than more power to you. This is my opinion and in no way should be construed as a statement of fact.

Wow - interesting introduction from a new member! I also order from Bull City, and anything I've ever ordered has come in original bottles. I've never had anything from them that wasn't exactly as it was supposed to be!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
whoa, Im just a happy customer. and on your point Ill say that is the reason I use bull city vapor ! I know what I get there is what it says it is. first time I have ever said this and I will regret saying this out loud because my normal reaction is to make peace. but you have to be full of shit or do not know what you are talking about or maybe you are in fact a troll. if you didnt like the taste of the flavors or you mix like shit thats your problem . why would they sell a different brand as something else when they are getting the damn original bottles and selling those also. whatever, lol.

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
well just got my first order in from Bull City....all excited to begin.

that is until i noticed that half of the flavors i ordered are flat wrong. they seem to all begin with the same first letter as the ones i ordered...kinda doubt blueberry will work in place of bavarian creme.

:(

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well just got my first order in from Bull City....all excited to begin.

that is until i noticed that half of the flavors i ordered are flat wrong. they seem to all begin with the same first letter as the ones i ordered...kinda doubt blueberry will work in place of bavarian creme.

:(

Did you check your order confirmation? Unusual for them to make a mistake, but if they did call them - I'm sure they'll fix it right away!

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To their credit, they responded to my email right away. Sure they'll make it right.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered from BCV the other day and i was shocked how fast the shipping was , it was so fast that i am now going to do all my ordering from them .

Other outfits were not nearly as fast and since my patience, (actually i have no patience) is zero , as stated in the parentheses, that means everything to me.

Everything was delivered accurately and for the right price , well done Bull City.

bgadds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still waiting on the (hopefully) correct flavors from my screwed up first order.....used up all my patience years ago.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Still waiting on the (hopefully) correct flavors from my screwed up first order.....used up all my patience years ago.
You didn't get that yet? I'm so surprised!

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wait. I looked at the date wrong, my bad.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

okay guys, have my first DIY order all ready to go at both Bull City and Wizard Labs. Totals with shipping are within $2 of each other.
any coupon codes out there? i am frugal, ok, friggin cheap.....but quality matters as well.

who do i go with?
Although BCV is decent with good prices, I don't find their flavorings to be as concentrated as Wizard Labs, The Vaping Zone or Ecigexpress for that matter. Its decent but not quite as good as the three I just mentioned. However, what High Dessert Vapes does to destroy Capellas Sweet Strawberry should be a crime.

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont care whats in it the TFA original caramel is bad ass, I vape that shit non stop lol

The Ry4 double rocks too like vaping wurthers candies

Wow - interesting introduction from a new member! I also order from Bull City, and anything I've ever ordered has come in original bottles. I've never had anything from them that wasn't exactly as it was supposed to be!
I just received an order from BCV... I ordered TFA Turkish and Capellas Sweet Strawberry. The Turkish was clearly repackaged in a clear bottle with the BCV logo. This Turkish isn't bad, but it's not as concentrated or as dark as Wizard Labs TFA Turkish.

Regarding Capellas Sweet Strawberry, it appears to be originally packaged but, The label is placed on a clear plastic bottle... so I don't see how people can argue that it's packaged in original bottles.. SMH... this label on the 4oz Capellas Sweet Strawberry is not identical, only similar to the label on the 4oz from ecigexpress. Bull City Vapor's Capellas Sweet Strawberry and TFA Turkish is decent... but not good enough to fool a customer that purchased Capellas Sweet Strawberry from ecigexpress or Wizard Labs and the TFA Turkish from Wizard Labs... it's not even close... its decent but it has been cut.

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are entitled to your opinion. But for a brand new member, as of today, this is not a good way to introduce yourself to the community. That is my opinion.

You are entitled to your opinion. But for a brand new member, as of today, this is not a good way to introduce yourself to the community. That is my opinion.
New to the Forum yes... but I started vaping and quit smoking 3 1/2 years ago and have been strictly DIY for the past 2 1/2 years... and personally, I'm not here to make friends, intro to the community or to seek advice. it was the disappointment that inspired me to sign up and speak the truth. Not here to fight, argue or make friends... and so I will give MHO as I see fit.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've made quite a few orders with Bull City, even with Wizard Labs being a couple hours away (2 day tops order-to-door time). Overall i've been happy with BC, other then their tendency to consistently go out of stock on quite a few popular items. Where as WL is always pretty much money for stock if you are looking to get the ball rolling asap on an order.

Both are solid choices no doubt though. BC offers the better deals on bulk, but the increased shipping cost on the back end tends to add up pretty fast. More often then not making it a push in comparative cost overall between the 2 unless your order is of a notable sized quantity.

Last edited:

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bcv is a top notch supplier, I have ordered many many cap flavors from them and I assure you they are the proper Capella flavors. Perhaps you just don't care for caps?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
100% they have the lot numbers printed on the bottles and everything. Why would any vendor sell anything other than whats advertised ? they would last about 4 days in business . I always wonder where one would get "knock off" flavors anyways ? we are not dealing with Gucci bags lol.

DarthVaper419

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
100% they have the lot numbers printed on the bottles and everything. Why would any vendor sell anything other than whats advertised ? they would last about 4 days in business . I always wonder where one would get "knock off" flavors anyways ? we are not dealing with Gucci bags lol.

Hey now...they aren't knock off flavors...they're clones...next logical step perhaps, eh?

*now I want to use cloned flavors to make some cloned juice to drip into my clone atty that sits on top of my clone mod

IDK what's going on here. Perhaps TFA sends bottles with BCV at the bottom of their label... or perhaps BCV received a weak batch of Turkish.
Capella Sweet Strawberry is one of those flavors that doesn't take long to steep. Normally I can vape it the day after I mix it. I have been using DIY CSS for over two years and has been a very consistently pleasing (with the exception of the garbage sold by High Desert Vapes) vape. This will be the 4th day of steeping and it now seems to be coming around... and so perhaps I stand corrected with regards to the Capella S S... but I affirm comments made about the TFA Turkish from BCV... and I'm certain that won't change but will update if a some type of miracle should come to be. If I'm able to upload pic, you'll c their is no lot number as the CSS has. Furthermore, just because one flavor is suspect doesn't mean that everything they sell isn't up to par.

As far as what merchants do... I can tell you about High Desert Vapes with regards to their Capellas Sweet Strawberry. HDV admits to repackaging Capellas Sweet Strawberry on their website and assures customers that the quality of this juice has not been compromised... but it has. After buying that garbage from HDV, I had to order an additional 4oz from ecigexpress just to make it usable. So they tell u they repackage it... but they don't tell you that they add a cut to it as to stretch the quantity of the product.

To me this is evidence of a product being repackaged unless TFA makes labels with BCV on it... perhaps BCV got a weak batch... IDK, but I'm certain this is not of the same quality as the TFA Turkisk from Wizard Labs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150301_094328.jpg
    IMG_20150301_094328.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 83

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I guess i missed the part about tfa. You are right about the tfa flavors. They are re bottles. I was speaking on Capella's. His Capella's, flavor art 10mls and inawera are in fact original packaging. I use every vendor out there pretty much And they all are legit. Id say the same about them all. Some folks have better experiences at different places and thats the beauty of having so many choices . I think if you look at the size choices when you click a flavor it will tell you if its original packaging or not. For instance 13ml Capella's says origonal packaging. The TFA flavors do not. Have you talked to drew yet?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Same experience for me. The ONLY re-bottled flavorings I ever received from BCV were TFA or FW. I've never received re-bottled FA, Caps or INW from them.

ECX has rebottled everything I've ever received from them. All brands I've gotten.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Its been awhile but BCV used to offer capellas samples that were rebottles but those went away. the price for the original 13mls he offers is just to good.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its been awhile but BCV used to offer capellas samples that were rebottles but those went away. the price for the original 13mls he offers is just to good.
Yeah, I miss those little 6ml bottles for Caps and TFA. Oh well. As you said, the price of Capella's is phenomenal!

Side note, I've also received only re-bottled flavors from RTS and Eliquidmart (though, I don't know about their Caps - too high, lol). I'm not saying that re-bottling is a bad thing, as long as they're shaking them up really well prior.

I guess i missed the part about tfa. You are right about the tfa flavors. They are re bottles. I was speaking on Capella's. His Capella's, flavor art 10mls and inawera are in fact original packaging. I use every vendor out there pretty much And they all are legit. Id say the same about them all. Some folks have better experiences at different places and thats the beauty of having so many choices . I think if you look at the size choices when you click a flavor it will tell you if its original packaging or not. For instance 13ml Capella's says origonal packaging. The TFA flavors do not. Have you talked to drew yet?
No I haven't... and thank you, I'll keep that in mind as my intention was to test TFA Turkish from BCV, then increase quantity on the next order. My fault for not looking into that further... and I will now that I'm aware of it, so thanks.

I will be ordering from them again as this Capellas Sweet Strawberry is where it should be in terms of a DIY flavoring. So all should disregard any negative comments I previously stated regarding its quality...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No I haven't... and thank you, I'll keep that in mind as my intention was to test TFA Turkish from BCV, then increase quantity on the next order. My fault for not looking into that further... and I will now that I'm aware of it, so thanks.

I will be ordering from them again as this Capellas Sweet Strawberry is where it should be in terms of a DIY flavoring. So all should disregard any negative comments I previously stated regarding its quality...
He's an active member here at VU. I've had questions for him and he always replies. He's very cool. Awesome guy.

I do know that at this time, he's trying to re-coup from being short-handed following the storm recently. They are filling orders, and will be re-stocking soon. Many of us had issues with that storm, so it's understandable.

Same experience for me. The ONLY re-bottled flavorings I ever received from BCV were TFA or FW. I've never received re-bottled FA, Caps or INW from them.

ECX has rebottled everything I've ever received from them. All brands I've gotten.
WOW!!!... I guess most vendors have a weak spot or two. I use to only buy the Hangsen from ecx until I tried the CA Sweet Straw and all has been perfect. Now I like to only buy CA SW STR in a 4oz where its on sale, which brought me to BCV. ... so u can imagine how I felt when I was duped by High Desert Vapes with their CA SW STR garbage. SMH cause HDV tells u its repackaged.. then they convince you to trust its quality.. then they send u garbage... SMH. Apparently, those that don't vape CA SW STR on a regular may not easily know the difference from concentrated to diluted... and they take advantage of that.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My last flavoring order was with Ecigexpress this past week, when BCV was (once again) out of FA Vienna Cream. Grabbed a big bottle of that and a bunch of different smaller bottles so i could try a few recipes floating around the DIY section here. Took a google search to make sense out of the fact that they apparently renamed their TFA flavoring on top of repackaging it.

Of course my luck being what it it is, the package got here and that big bottle of VC wasn't in there. Just a smaller bottle of it similar to the others. Leaving me 1 for 3 in my experiences with getting a correct order from them. First time it was like no big deal, it's only a forgotten dollar'ish item so whatever. Skimping me on the one item that was the cornerstone of my order this time got me irked though, so i emailed it in. Still no real response back.

Donovan (ECX Flavor Lab)

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
My last flavoring order was with Ecigexpress this past week, when BCV was (once again) out of FA Vienna Cream. Grabbed a big bottle of that and a bunch of different smaller bottles so i could try a few recipes floating around the DIY section here. Took a google search to make sense out of the fact that they apparently renamed their TFA flavoring on top of repackaging it.

Of course my luck being what it it is, the package got here and that big bottle of VC wasn't in there. Just a smaller bottle of it similar to the others. Leaving me 1 for 3 in my experiences with getting a correct order from them. First time it was like no big deal, it's only a forgotten dollar'ish item so whatever. Skimping me on the one item that was the cornerstone of my order this time got me irked though, so i emailed it in. Still no real response back.

I'm so sorry this happened! I'll make sure you get a response today as it's the first day back from the weekend, and we'll get that shipped out to you!

Ksprings

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BCV set's the bar high. They are the best vendor for diy flavoring and you can also purchase VT Nic. Also, their 30ml plastic bottles are thin tipped and the price when ordering 100 BEATS Heartland.... They ship the FASTEST and it is always well packed... Capella's 4oz for 12.99 or w.e. feels like i'm stealing it from them.. lol... I could write a book about the good things BCV (Drew and his team) have done for me. I order from all of the vendors out there but If BCV has it in stock i'm loading my cart up and taking advantage of the free shipping(75 and over) for the bulk of my needs every time. Everyone who mixes knows that you just don't get everything you need from one single vendor... There is always a few things that are out of stock. If you are new, be prepared for this. I also know for a fact that Drew (BCV) and his team would never fuck around diluting or cutting ANY of the flavorings they sell... If you ever did have a flavor that you "think' was off or tasted wrong just simply contact whomever you bought it from and ask them before you degrade one of "our" suppliers.. I am almost positive that you will be taken care of if you have a reasonable concern or question about a product... There has been many times where I see people come on these forums, ecf, reddit, etc... and spit all over this communities suppliers before they even have the balls to contact them about the issue... Building a working and friendly relationship with the people that you need or want shit from goes a long way when all of a sudden you have a wrong flavor, a shipping delay, change/add an order, or when you just simply need something.

Adonlude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've done two orders with Bull City and three with Wizard Labs. I haven't had any issues with either company. I like WL for their $1.49 8ml flavor vials and I like BCV for their original packaging and their Flavourart supply. BCV states which ones come in original packaging. My CAP orders come in original shrink wrap sealed bottles and the Flavourart comes in original bottles with unbroken plastic seals.

Oh, and I dealt with both companies customer service and had good experiences with both. WL was fairly quick and BCV was exceptionally quick.

VU Sponsors