Become a Patron!

Builds for iTaste MVP v2?

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I currently have a Innokin iTaste MVP v2 with a Caterpillar RDA clone. I was wondering what builds I could use on it? I currently have tried a single micro coil and a diamond coil with 28 gauge A1 kanthal. Can anyone recommend me some other builds to try, preferably a dual coil set up? I know the MVP v2 has a 3 amp limit and goes up to 11 watts.

Samo_Rock

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a . 95ohm twisted 30 gauge kanthal in a kayfun lite that I'm using on my MVP2. Works good enough for me while I'm driving. I was surprised it fired up when I put it on there. I guess it's close enough to 1ohm.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dual 28 gauge , forget it . Two things , first is if you want your MVP to last and not die early use it with builds above 1.5 ( i know of two people who regularly built coils around .9 -1 ohm and both of their MVP's didn't last 7 months ) , not surprising at all but it was to them.

Secondly , use at least 30 gauge and preferably 32 gauge if you insist on going dual coil with the MVP . It just doesn't have the power to light up duals with 28 gauge before the auto cutoff feature kicks in.

The MVP is the last thing i would use for RDA's with multiple coils , get yourself the proper mod for this stuff.

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That helps alot actualy thank you VH fan. I plan on getting the iPV2 next. I like the range of wattages I can use and the different resistance coils I can try. Do you have any RDAs you can recommend? I need something that's not too costly but works like a charm.

WiSilverVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My MVP is for use away from home. So, all I use on it are my Kayfun and Nautiluses (or is it Nautili for plural)

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Nautilus but when I unboxed it the pin in the connector fell out. I put it back in but my MVP reads Non and it doesn't fire on any other device my friends or I have. Is there anyway to fix this do you know?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've tried my MVPv2 down to 0.9Ω just to test it, but I vape it at around 9-10W using 1.6 - 2.4 ohms normally.

It'll vape about anything you can put on it. It's basically a fancy SVD in a box with LiPo batteries.
I've tried RDAs, RTAs like the Aqua, Genny's, Protanks, iClear30s, and more.

The MVP 1 and 2 were made for "normal" vaping in mind, using stuff like clearos,RTAs and such.
Not for eXXXtreme sub-ohm vaping.

Just like any battery, ya have to work within it's limits or it won't last long. :)

Matthew Zarzecki

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've tried my MVPv2 down to 0.9Ω just to test it, but I vape it at around 9-10W using 1.6 - 2.4 ohms normally.

It'll vape about anything you can put on it. It's basically a fancy SVD in a box with LiPo batteries.
I've tried RDAs, RTAs like the Aqua, Genny's, Protanks, iClear30s, and more.

The MVP 1 and 2 were made for "normal" vaping in mind, using stuff like clearos,RTAs and such.
Not for eXXXtreme sub-ohm vaping.

Just like any battery, ya have to work within it's limits or it won't last long. :)

I've been using 2 different builds: a 1.3 ohm micro coil at 11 watts and a 1.7 ohm micro coil at 5 volts. If I did the calculation correct on the Ohm's Law Calculator, the 1.7 ohm at 5 volts is pushing 15 watts at exactly 3 amps. I had an iClear30 but when rinsing it out, the little rubber piece at the top of the tank when you unscrew the top cap fell out and all the fluid leaked out of the tank. I threw it away after that.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two MVP 2s. I used them a lot until I got into mechs. 2 Hanas, and my fave, the Vapor Shatk. I used a Russian and Aqua exclusively, both at 1.0 ohms running 5.0 watts. I used them everyday at work for at least a year. I also have an VTR, and if you wanna upgrade from MVP, I suggest you go with one of these beast. They can also second as a weapon due to their weight. Innokin makes damn good products. You could go with a Cana, but all I have heard is bad press about them, maybe I'm wrong. Good luck!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That helps alot actualy thank you VH fan. I plan on getting the iPV2 next. I like the range of wattages I can use and the different resistance coils I can try. Do you have any RDAs you can recommend? I need something that's not too costly but works like a charm.

If you wrap 30 gauge wire or 32 (too fragile for me) you can get the MVP to work with just about any RDA , i used a single coil of 30 gauge on my Magma and Veritas recently with the MVP set to 10 watts and it worked really well , i was a little surprised .

It's the 28 gauge wire that needs a bit more time to heat up and by that time the MVP is reaching it's cutoff limit.

I've been using 2 different builds: a 1.3 ohm micro coil at 11 watts and a 1.7 ohm micro coil at 5 volts. If I did the calculation correct on the Ohm's Law Calculator, the 1.7 ohm at 5 volts is pushing 15 watts at exactly 3 amps. I had an iClear30 but when rinsing it out, the little rubber piece at the top of the tank when you unscrew the top cap fell out and all the fluid leaked out of the tank. I threw it away after that.

Coils in that range wrapped around a 1/16th size drill bit will work with the MVP , i would still go with 30 gauge though but if using 28 make sure you stick with 1/16th diameter mandrel because any thicker won't heat quick enough for good results .

I really tried to get larger diameter coils to work but had to come back to 1/16th time and again with the 28.

A 28 gauge 1/16 coil in the 1.5 -1.8 range works really well on a Kayfun and MVP .

Regarding your Nautilus , that should be an east fix , your still missing a piece for it . It's just a rubber insulator and pin with a small spring on the end for the connection. Make sure you installed the insulator correctly and your using the correct Nautilus pin with the attached spring.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors