Become a Patron!

Building tips and tricks!

Xtaci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am definitely not a new builder as I have been making coils for over a year. I've made hundreds of fused claptons and claptons, a few frankenstein coils that sounded cooler in my head than what worked once wicked, and a single coil alien (as i only had patience for about 3 inches of perfect wraps!).

The point is here that I have had many tricks I have utilized to make my wire for coil building and they have made the journey much more efficient.

Here are some of my tips for all you builders out there!

STRAIGHTEN YOUR WIRE.
This may seem simple, but I made my first fused clapton before I had the revelation to actually do this (Dummy me). Just take your core wires and put them in the drill and hold the ends with pliers and twist away for a couple of seconds! Boom. Straight wire. You are welcome.

Utilize a fishing jig!
My best friend when coil building is the jig. Wrap your ends to this thing and you have yourself an easy clapton as the jig turns with the drill.

Torque sucks.
Torque can interfere with pretty wraps. Don't let torque interefere with pretty wraps. When using a jig keep the wires as midline as possible. The more they extend out the more problems you find mid-clapton. This goes for at the drill too!

Paperclipping.
Remember that 3 inches of perfect alien wire I made? Insert king paperclip. A paperclip or two is an easy way to keep 3 or more wires straight for the alien that has 3 cores.

These are the basics that I could think of off the top of my head. Please post your tips and tricks so that I can learn too!

Bonus pic of my daedalus clone that barely works
33c47ce249e1d597a024d2d30b8d2fb1.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Deepwinter

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tips, one tip I picked up from watching a video of M.Terk was straightening wire instead of the drill method what he does is stretch the wire, you only need to stretch it a tiny bit and it will straighten the wire out perfectly.

It saves allot of time not having to chuck your wires up.

I have grama and grandpa saying it costs more then cigarettes the worst part is they are comparing them to natives oh god wtf the worst part is they are getting tar in there lungs key word grandma smoke 78 years old stuck in her way aunt 53 stuck in her ways to.

Xtaci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well how much you spend is up to you. If you build a smaller coil for an rda/rba/rta and buy cheaper juices, then you can save alot of money vaping as opposed to buying cigarettes.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

tell that to a person stuck in there ways I'm seeing my neurologist today and telling him that vaping is the only way to quit for an epileptic with no side effects

VU Sponsors