Become a Patron!

Build Suggestions for Wasp Nano

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all, I bought the Wasp Nano because I've been reading great reviews from the internet and its price.
My question is, how do you build it? What coil spec do you use and vaping at what wattage?
I seem to get a not so impressive flavor out of it and I know it is because my inexperience as I have been vaping for only 3 months and just started to build it on my own.
Currently I'm using Demon Killer Alien V2 which measures at .42-.45 ohm and using cotton bacon.

Please suggest your build for this little Wasp.

Thank you in advance.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fav build is a 3mm 26 ga SS316L 10 wrap parallel coil at mid 30 watts.

runs .35 -.40
A clockwise wrap with the coil placed midway in the side air flow.

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

runs .35 -.40
I doubt I could build a decent parallel build yet.
How would you suggest for a normal single wire coil? I have 26ga SS316L from UD and pre made fused clapton kanthal from my local vape store

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Airflow limitations will likely limit you to 60 watts maybe maximum in the wasp.
they seem to do best around 30-50.

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Airflow limitations will likely limit you to 60 watts maybe maximum in the wasp.
they seem to do best around 30-50.
Yes, I couldn't bear the heat above 60 watts since it clocked out at .4 - .43 ohms.
I will try to build it within your suggested ohm range.

Thanks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I couldn't bear the heat above 60 watts since it clocked out at .4 - .43 ohms.
I will try to build it within your suggested ohm range.

Thanks!
.35 at 35 watts is nice.
will need a few more watts if not using plain round wire.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Cromwell, do you prefer standard or spaced coils in your Wasp? It appears to have a lot of room between the two post holes, which can be a little more tricky on a small dripper with limited airflow (esp if using my normal fused claptons).

My normal store just got resin Wasps back in stock, which means mine will be here soon. Since I've read that you love them, I figured I'd ask the guy with the experience lol.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How would you suggest for a normal single wire coil? I have 26ga SS316L from UD and pre made fused clapton kanthal from my local vape store
Ditch the Demon killer wire. The only thing that wire is capable of killing is the flavor of your juice. :D

You'll notice a big difference with either the SS or the Kanthal wires from your local shop.

Really interested in how your build turns out because I'm seriously thing about picking up a couple of Wasp Atty's. With airflow hitting both sides of the coil, I'd probably start with a 3mm ID and 5 or 6 spaced wraps. There should be plenty of space to possibly go up to 4mm if you desired. Hell, I have a few 22mm Herakles rda's that are running a single 4mm 7 wrapped SS coil between the posts. Pretty sure you should have a little more room to play with on the Wasp nano. Let us know what you decide on and how it worked out for you.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he Cromwell, do you prefer standard or spaced coils in your Wasp?

As I said above.

runs .35 -.40

this coil fits in there perfectly.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used fused clapton 6wrap and have an alien 5wrap 3mm diameter in it right now.
114a9b1d46f83a8b1732ee1a188e68fe.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the vape get very hot, or the top cap, using those builds?
It's a resin top cap so no heat. The third drag in gets warm but I enjoy a warmer vape so it's ok for me.try a fused clapton. Not to much heat and a lot better vape than single wire coils

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Quite good, better than a single wire coil.
Good to hear. Planning on picking up both the rda and rdta. I have a spool of 4 core Clapton wire that's rather thin due to the four 30GA cores so I'm hoping I can do my usual 6 or 7 spaced wraps with a 4mm ID.

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ditch the Demon killer wire. The only thing that wire is capable of killing is the flavor of your juice. :D

You'll notice a big difference with either the SS or the Kanthal wires from your local shop.

Really interested in how your build turns out because I'm seriously thing about picking up a couple of Wasp Atty's. With airflow hitting both sides of the coil, I'd probably start with a 3mm ID and 5 or 6 spaced wraps. There should be plenty of space to possibly go up to 4mm if you desired. Hell, I have a few 22mm Herakles rda's that are running a single 4mm 7 wrapped SS coil between the posts. Pretty sure you should have a little more room to play with on the Wasp nano. Let us know what you decide on and how it worked out for you.
You sir, are absolutely correct. Switch it to fused clapton using TM nichrome (3mm 5 wraps spaced) from my local shop, and the flavor pops.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Building parallels are easy. YouTube for instructions

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors