Become a Patron!

Build suggestions for parallel mod

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I was wondering some build suggestions for a duel unrelated parallel box mod. Got it in a trade and am not sure how to build on it. I am running vtc4s on it. I build coils for my regulated devices but not sure where to start with this. I have all kinds of kanthal and stainless steel wires. Prefer stainless.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it unrelated or fully mechanical? Sorry just asking first ,really it depends on how you like your vape . I usually build .35ohms to .25 ohms but that's just me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I was wondering some build suggestions for a duel unrelated parallel box mod. Got it in a trade and am not sure how to build on it. I am running vtc4s on it. I build coils for my regulated devices but not sure where to start with this. I have all kinds of kanthal and stainless steel wires. Prefer stainless.
First Mech / Unregulated

Here -

1.Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2.Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a.Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/

b.Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c.Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d.In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e.Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3.Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a.Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b.Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c.Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4.Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5.Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)

6.Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a.Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info. Should have been more clear. I have owned mechs in the past and built on them for awhile. Know all about batteries and safety and just want to know what's everyone's preferred build on a parallel mech mod.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info. Should have been more clear. I have owned mechs in the past and built on them for awhile. Know all about batteries and safety and just want to know what's everyone's preferred build on a parallel mech mod.
With Parallel Mech's I like SS fused Claptons @ around 0.18

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will give it a go. How many wraps did you do. I just tryed a 24g ss I think 6 wrap at . 17. It's a cool vape. Want to try and find a little warmer of one.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will give it a go. How many wraps did you do. I just tryed a 24g ss I think 6 wrap at . 17. It's a cool vape. Want to try and find a little warmer of one.
Steam-engine is your best friend ;)

Try around a 0.15

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea that's what I was aiming for. And I got steam engine saved on the front page of my phone

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea that's what I was aiming for. And I got steam engine saved on the front page of my phone
I like keeping with 28-30g core wires unless I'm on a series Mod. Less wire mass and SS much more responsive.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your parallel mech is just like your single battery mech besides the fact that you can build lower (and by doing so reach higher wattage) since the load is divided between the batteries.
The safe way to define your amp limit is the amp rating of one battery plus half the rating of the other, so for 2 20A batteries calculate for 30A.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I was putting 45 amp into steam engine. I got 2 vtc4s.but I am not building as low as it says. Think it was .09

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea that's what I have read in the past. I don't build as low as it says

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you would have to try out builds for yourself and see what you like. what i like on my parallel mods might not be what you are into.

But for the sake of answering the question, depends what juice im vaping. sweet fruit or candy flavors, i usually like to vape around .2 - .25 ohms. If on a regualted mod, i vape around 70-80 watts

For milky or dessert flavors, i like it more warm, i build around .1 - .17ohms. If im using a regulated mod, ill vape around 100-120watts

I use vtc3 batteries which are 30a

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you would have to try out builds for yourself and see what you like. what i like on my parallel mods might not be what you are into.

But for the sake of answering the question, depends what juice im vaping. sweet fruit or candy flavors, i usually like to vape around .2 - .25 ohms. If on a regualted mod, i vape around 70-80 watts

For milky or dessert flavors, i like it more warm, i build around .1 - .17ohms. If im using a regulated mod, ill vape around 100-120watts

I use vtc3 batteries which are 30a
They're not 30a, Mooch rates the VTC3 at 25a

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...t-25a-battery-damaged-at-over-30a-50a.707120/

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i pulled this from your link
"In my opinion, this is a great performing 25A continuous discharge current (CDR) cell with above average capacity for its rating. It suffers damage at above 30A continuous or 50A pulsed though."

is this suppose to mean that the vtc3 are not 30a batteries?
Yes, you rate the battery at the CDR.

It's a 25a battery

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A SS316 around 6 wraps on a 3.0 to 4.0mm bit .... .25 ohms..... Hits beautiful on a parallel box, that's about 41 watts....... Around a .20 ohm build it's around 50 to 51 watts.......something Like this....
IMAG1974_1.jpg

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A SS316 around 6 wraps on a 3.0 to 4.0mm bit .... .25 ohms..... Hits beautiful on a parallel box, that's about 41 watts....... Around a .20 ohm build it's around 50 to 51 watts.......something Like this....
View attachment 62816

.25 is around 60, 0.2 is around 73, that's with Adjusting for voltage drop.

Steam Engine is your best friend ;)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.25 is around 60, 0.2 is around 73, that's with Adjusting for voltage drop.

Steam Engine is your best friend ;)

My steam engine is the free edition it just gives me the ohm calculator and doesn't have voltage drop just an ejuice and coil and ohm calculator....... :(

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My steam engine is the free edition it just gives me the ohm calculator and doesn't have voltage drop just an ejuice and coil and ohm calculator....... :(

I just figure it in, I set voltage at 3.8 and for series I set at 8.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You mean 4v & 8v ;)

Dang yeah higher...... Hey I just tried an experiment with Success !!!!!!

I was getting spit back hitting my tongue, so I took those (8) wrap 4.5mm SS316 in my modfather and added to (1) coil an extra wrap (9) wrap...... Got it at .22 ohms...... One heats up maybe .25 seconds slower but the spit back is gone clouds taste better on TC ..... I can taste the coconut in my juice which was muted before...... It's pretty wild !!!!!

VU Sponsors