Become a Patron!

Build suggestion bring the dam clouds

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ok have this rda coming for my noisy cricket this will be my clouds mod don't care about flavor I would like to stay around .4 max of .3 what would be the best build to fill the sky with clouds
Using Vtc4 from imrbattery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
752d4626f31c54c13d430c2674e3daf5.jpg

This is the rda I will be building on as soon as it gets here

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you going to be in series or parallel?
Assuming you want to stay within the CDR...
Parallel:
Fraple, Fralien, SSFC, Staggerton
14ply 0.4 with 26g SS frames. You can mix n80 and A1 ribbon if you like.
3mm with 3.5 wraps

Series:
Simple Aliens
3x 28g with 36g wrap or higher if you want a faster ramp or a hotter vape.
3.5mm with about 7.5 wraps should be around 0.3ohm but I never build this high so I can't be sure.

Sent from my E5306 using Tapatalk

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Suggestions are listed for both.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Are you going to be in series or parallel?
Assuming you want to stay within the CDR...
Parallel:
Fraple, Fralien, SSFC, Staggerton
14ply 0.4 with 26g SS frames. You can mix n80 and A1 ribbon if you like.
3mm with 3.5 wraps

Series:
Simple Aliens
3x 28g with 36g wrap or higher if you want a faster ramp or a hotter vape.
3.5mm with about 7.5 wraps should be around 0.3ohm but I never build this high so I can't be sure.

I like a cooler vape my self

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My suggestion remains at 3x 28g cores with a 36g or higher wrap.
The reason being if you think it's too hot you can add an extra wrap to increase mass and reduce power. If that cools it too much rebuild with n80. Using 34g or bigger would cause alot of twist and need alot of power to get over the ramp up.

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you have the skill set to make these I would highly suggest them over normal aliens. These are 10 parallel cores of 32g n80 and SS. If you did 8 with all A1 you could pretty easily hit 0.3 ohm.
I don't normally suggest them because I only know of one other person that can alien over 32g but it's really not hard if you wrap them 1/4" at a time.
17cf3aaf572a0930cdb257bb294b746d.jpg

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well I have never tried something like that but I may just need to and see going to need a lot of clap wire for that

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tape what wire?
The only tape I ever use is on my chuck. When I start my decore I tape it to the chuck because I've had it slip out of the jaws too many times.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Tape what wire?
The only tape I ever use is on my chuck. When I start my decore I tape it to the chuck because I've had it slip out of the jaws too many times.

Ya on 3 I tap buy the jaws and the end to help keep from twisting

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your stretch is right and your cores are set up correctly and you aren't pulling very hard you can make aliens as long as you want with no twist at all and you don't need anything to keep the cores from bunching up.

I fold the last 0.5" in half to make a loop and bind it with ribbon. If you've kept the wires all parallel through this you'll have even tension on every core when you pull on them.
So on the drill side I pull them and put some hot glue 1" from the end, bind with ribbon keeping in all parallel and bite that in the drill. Easy peasy.

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have the skill set to make these I would highly suggest them over normal aliens. These are 10 parallel cores of 32g n80 and SS. If you did 8 with all A1 you could pretty easily hit 0.3 ohm.
I don't normally suggest them because I only know of one other person that can alien over 32g but it's really not hard if you wrap them 1/4" at a time.
17cf3aaf572a0930cdb257bb294b746d.jpg
Great idea for a high ohm build! I've been looking for a build like this for one of my rda/flavor combinations. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great idea for a high ohm build! I've been looking for a build like this for one of my rda/flavor combinations. Thank you.

What size decore did you use on this one?

whiteowl84

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a 22g decore over 10x 32g cores. If I ever make another it'll be with 38g or 40g wrap.

Th3T

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems like a fun build to try though I can imagine hard AF with 32g, unless like you said you have the right tension on all 10 cores. I may practice with 8x 32g and a decore on 24g, got lots of 32g I don't use very often anymore.

Lizzardking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Medusa coils pre-built alien Clapton one coil is .25, but a single 22g kanthal 5 wrap pair ohms out at .3

Subohmer82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I own the phenotype L, and the phenotype LS, I use them both on my regulated mods, i use 13 wraps of Kanthal A1 or Nichrome 80 24g around a 3mm bit, ohms to about .5 to .4, run it at 55 to 65 watts and its a dense vape, since its a 22mm atty i stay with round wire builds as claptons heat up these rdas, i open 1 airflow hole on the phenotype L and 2 airholes on the phenotype LS, these attys are my staple for 22mm rdas, love em! Not very big on flavor but neither am i, enjoy the phenotype L you picked up!

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you want a cool vape on a series mech mod I would just use 22g, series vaping by its nature is gonna produce quite a bit of heat.

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors