Become a Patron!

Build ideas for chasing on a mech

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just playing around with my new AR mod and a troll rda. Really enjoying it so far best build to date is with ni80, 26awg, 8 wraps around 2.7 mm shaft. Quad coil at .2 ohm. Kicks out some clouds but I want some moar, relatively safely of course. I'm using vtc4's. Any builds you guys have had great luck with on a single 18650 mech? I've got lots of wire to work with so chuck some ideas my way!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had dual parallel built right before these guys and the quad blows them away

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
One of my Favorites is 3 x 34K 40N Paralleled with 28K (The Perfect Flawless Build)
3 x 34K 40N Paralleled with 28K (The Perfect Flawless Build)  .jpg 3 x 34K 40N Paralleled with 28K (The Perfect Flawless Build) .jpg

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's awful slick buddy!
Its a great simple build that uses 22g staged for quick ramp up and fused claptons for flavor intensity, its really a best of both worlds coil.
My favorite build is a 2x22K/48N60 though, Think the Ramp up of a Dual Parallel build with the Wicking properties of a Fused Clapton. The Outer Wrap is very thin so there isnt a wait for ramp up yet it still has that webbing to pull and hold juice in without the heatsink effect of thicker outer wrap.
22K 46N60 .jpg 22K 46N60.jpg

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup! I'd have to order in that 48 off the internet somewhere my local shop only stocks up to like 34 I think, you could stitch a wound together with that wire Jesus!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had dual parallel built right before these guys and the quad blows them away
How intense is the throat hit on that quad build and what's the best way to wick it? For my next build I would like to use that setup

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How intense is the throat hit on that quad build and what's the best way to wick it? For my next build I would like to use that setup

I only drip 80/20 or higher vg and 6mg or less so I really don't find it that intense, it's a fairly cool vape for the resistance. Blows decent clouds, flavour is a little muted I find, I've found that It works fine just one strand through 2 coils then snip and tuck it under so they just touch the bottom of the juice well, but leave under the coils free to breathe.

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only drip 80/20 or higher vg and 6mg or less so I really don't find it that intense, it's a fairly cool vape for the resistance. Blows decent clouds, flavour is a little muted I find, I've found that It works fine just one strand through 2 coils then snip and tuck it under so they just touch the bottom of the juice well, but leave under the coils free to breathe.
On that build you probably want a tight fit with your wicks right? Surely that build consumes juice like no other

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On that build you probably want a tight fit with your wicks right? Surely that build consumes juice like no other

I like it to have just enough tension so it's not shredding the cotton, and yeah you'll want a big bottle of the stuff, I've actually had better luck with this as far as production and flavour go though, 24 kanthal and 26 ni80, wrapped parallel 7 wraps @ 3mm, around .18-.21

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like it to have just enough tension so it's not shredding the cotton, and yeah you'll want a big bottle of the stuff, I've actually had better luck with this as far as production and flavour go though, 24 kanthal and 26 ni80, wrapped parallel 7 wraps @ 3mm, around .18-.21
Right on. In the past I was never quite satisfied with my parallel builds, but I've changed my wicking technique a lot since then. I think I might just do a quad and that parallel build and do a head to head

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Way too much wire for an unregulated single 18650 IMO
Im a Jackass so dont follow my lead, follow my advice!

If you use a HB6 or VTC3 Battery then its perfectly fine but I would only use them in Comps with setups like these with Tube Mods, actually these are my Comp Tubes/RDAs..Regulated (Snow Wolf) is what I use them for daily use....
Samsung 25R5's and VTC4/5's are okay but I wouldnt suggest it to anyone..
Comp RDA Builds .jpgComp RDA Builds.jpg

The Middle Tube/RDA got 2nd Place in NH last month as it was all I had and the rules changed from Tubes to Anything....I still placed 2nd with other using Parallel Boxes, Regulated Mods and Series Mods.

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right on. In the past I was never quite satisfied with my parallel builds, but I've changed my wicking technique a lot since then. I think I might just do a quad and that parallel build and do a head to head

do it up it's all personal preference, I prefer the parallel not sure why, maybe the heat retention of the 24 kanthal or the little bit more surface area, both ramp up fast and chuck half decent, I got some 8-9 foot clouds off the parallel

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do it up it's all personal preference, I prefer the parallel not sure why, maybe the heat retention of the 24 kanthal or the little bit more surface area, both ramp up fast and chuck half decent, I got some 8-9 foot clouds off the parallel
Awesome. Thanks a lot man

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im a Jackass so dont follow my lead, follow my advice!

If you use a HB6 or VTC3 Battery then its perfectly fine but I would only use them in Comps with setups like these with Tube Mods, actually these are my Comp Tubes/RDAs..Regulated (Snow Wolf) is what I use them for daily use....
Samsung 25R5's and VTC4/5's are okay but I wouldnt suggest it to anyone..
View attachment 38540View attachment 38541

The Middle Tube/RDA got 2nd Place in NH last month as it was all I had and the rules changed from Tubes to Anything....I still placed 2nd with other using Parallel Boxes, Regulated Mods and Series Mods.

Are those quad fused claptons? Must chuck after the 10 second ramp up?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Are those quad fused claptons? Must chuck after the 10 second ramp up?
They ramp up okay, about as fast as Dual 2x22g/32g Fused Claptons, They are 2x26g/40g...The outer wrap is so thin it doesnt have a heatsink effect so it ramps like a Parallel would but retains juice like a normal Fused Clapton.
Maybe 1-2 seconds to ramp up on a Copper Tube

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry about that I made my account for this site today and thought that pic was amazing. I'll take it off

Its no problem, I find it kind of flattering...you can keep it on if you would like to use it. Welcome to the Forum btw, if you have any questions or need anything dont be afraid to ask...thats why we are here.

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Excellent. The more info the better. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about low ohm vaping before I fully jump into cloud chasing

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Excellent. The more info the better. I'm trying to learn as much as possible about low ohm vaping before I fully jump into cloud chasing

Just make sure you read a bit into Battery Saftey and Ohms Law before going low, especially if you are using a Mech. I would recommend a Samsung 25R's as they are cheap, have a 20a CD, and easy to find but if you really want some headroom but some VTC3s and LG HB6's. I can only recommend Liionwholesale.com for batteries as they test a handful of batteries every shipment to be sure they are Authentic and still have decent prices.
I would also bookmark this for coil building and other useful data: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

hackerjs19

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just make sure you read a bit into Battery Saftey and Ohms Law before going low, especially if you are using a Mech. I would recommend a Samsung 25R's as they are cheap, have a 20a CD, and easy to find but if you really want some headroom but some VTC3s and LG HB6's. I can only recommend Liionwholesale.com for batteries as they test a handful of batteries every shipment to be sure they are Authentic and still have decent prices.
I would also bookmark this for coil building and other useful data: http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp
I have have looked in to batteries a little and I think I'm just going to get a couple vtc3 this week. They are reliable and will do 30 CD right

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have have looked in to batteries a little and I think I'm just going to get a couple vtc3 this week. They are reliable and will do 30 CD right

Yes VTC3 and HB2/HB6 are the only True 30a CD Batteries so far, VTC4 and VTC5 are only rated for 20a CD.
List of Battery Tests
Click Here for Bigger Pic of Whats Below:
image-jpg.517784

Just playing around with my new AR mod and a troll rda. Really enjoying it so far best build to date is with ni80, 26awg, 8 wraps around 2.7 mm shaft. Quad coil at .2 ohm. Kicks out some clouds but I want some moar, relatively safely of course. I'm using vtc4's. Any builds you guys have had great luck with on a single 18650 mech? I've got lots of wire to work with so chuck some ideas my way!
Now that I've seen this picture I'm seriously thinking about doing a quad build on my Hell Boy RDA. Any tips?

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that I've seen this picture I'm seriously thinking about doing a quad build on my Hell Boy RDA. Any tips?

First, you're going to have not such a fun time getting this to fit without tagging on your chimney, those hellboys are tight, but, what I do is wrap all 4 coils with and leave lots of leg, do one side, position it, pulse and squeeze to get rid of hot spots, then slide whatever you wrapped it on through both coils and remove, then do the same for the other, put another bit/ screwdriver through those 2, loosen the screws, take your first set and put those back in, really helps to have two of the thing you wrapped it on for positioning them. Then once it's tight pulse and squeeze, test your ohms and check for shorts. Wick drip and enjoy

First, you're going to have not such a fun time getting this to fit without tagging on your chimney, those hellboys are tight, but, what I do is wrap all 4 coils with and leave lots of leg, do one side, position it, pulse and squeeze to get rid of hot spots, then slide whatever you wrapped it on through both coils and remove, then do the same for the other, put another bit/ screwdriver through those 2, loosen the screws, take your first set and put those back in, really helps to have two of the thing you wrapped it on for positioning them. Then once it's tight pulse and squeeze, test your ohms and check for shorts. Wick drip and enjoy
Could I possibly do a quad clapton build? I run an IPV3 Li 200W fyi.

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Could I possibly do a quad clapton build? I run an IPV3 Li 200W fyi.

You can do whatever suits your fancy. But you're limited by space on your hellboy

Im new to this as you may think already. I'm finding out a lot about this stuff and really enjoying it. Thanks, Buddy!

kennykoils

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And parallel claptons would be better IMO, still 4 coils, but would ramp up faster

VU Sponsors