Become a Patron!

Brown juice spitback on teeth, help!

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So ever since I've gotten my Ijust 2, I've been getting an embarrasing blot of brown juice on my front teeth after vaping.

It only takes a few drags to get this, and its very embarrasing to be in public like that.

I can see brown juice collect under and inside the drip tip, and it must come up somehow. I clean out the bore and drip tip at least every hour to try and prevent it, but after only a few drags its filled with brown juice again. I also remove the tank often and wipe the brown juice out of the part where the head makes contact.

Keep in mind that all of my juices are clear... And that this collection of brown juice gets under my drip tip and in my teeth only minutes after a rinsed tank and new head.

Why is this happening? And does it happen to you? This is my first and only mod device, so I have nothing to compare it to.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are all your juices the same brand and same pg/vg ratio?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are all your juices the same brand and same pg/vg ratio?
Most juices are from Mt baker and Vapewild. My mixes are usually about 80pg and I only get non gunker juices that are clear.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And it happens with both juices from those companies?

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is probably from the build up of juice in the chimney/drip tip that will occasionally spit when it builds up to a certain point, it's brown from the coil. I usually have my vape bag and carry q tips to give my drip tip a good swab.....But I'm kinda weird, I know not everyone carries a kit around.

Other than that I don't have any other ideas.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I started beveling my drip tips and 510s with a oversize drill bit. So there is no ledge for juice to gather and it smooths out the airflow. When you remove the drip tip and look down on the ledge the drip tip sits on I put a bevel so juice can flow back to the chamber and no gather up.
from Tapatalk

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This is probably from the build up of juice in the chimney/drip tip that will occasionally spit when it builds up to a certain point, it's brown from the coil. I usually have my vape bag and carry q tips to give my drip tip a good swab.....But I'm kinda weird, I know not everyone carries a kit around.

Other than that I don't have any other ideas.
I'm sure that's what's happening, but is is normal for It to happen constantly even if iI swab it out every five minutes? I'm talking about major buildup after only a few drags.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get get buildup up on the inside of the Drip Tip on my subox pretty frequently, but I don't worry about it anymore. As far as the darker juice, that may be from the liquid burning. Does it tasty any different when you notice the build up?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get get buildup up on the inside of the Drip Tip on my subox pretty frequently, but I don't worry about it anymore. As far as the darker juice, that may be from the liquid burning. Does it tasty any different when you notice the build up?
Well, it always tastes the same because there is constantly buildup unless I were to swab stuff out between each drag. I can't say if it tastes burnt or not because I have a very weak sense of taste, but I do feel juice in my mouth all the time. I might as well be drinking my juice instead of vaping... And yes, there is mesh on the heads.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started beveling my drip tips and 510s with a oversize drill bit. So there is no ledge for juice to gather and it smooths out the airflow. When you remove the drip tip and look down on the ledge the drip tip sits on I put a bevel so juice can flow back to the chamber and no gather up.
from Tapatalk
I'm having trouble picturing what you do. I'd love to try that if you could elaborate.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
See the bevel I put in the bottom. I used a oversize drill bit to make it so juice doesn't gather.
b4072dc24981bac6b0dcb6472441ec6f.jpg

from Tapatalk

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not real sure with the Ijust 2, as I don't have one, or what ohm coil you are using but can you turn the wattage down? If it's too high it will pop and spit.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not real sure with the Ijust 2, as I don't have one, or what ohm coil you are using but can you turn the wattage down? If it's too high it will pop and spit.
Wattage cannot be adjusted. It's sort of like a mech mod, but with a few safety features. I have .5 ohms in there usually, which is the highest they make for it. Otherwise you can get .3 or .15 but i don't.
It doesn't really pop at .5 ohms... Plus it has mesh over the coil. What is happening is black juice is being built up and sucked up like a straw.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See the bevel I put in the bottom. I used a oversize drill bit to make it so juice doesn't gather.
b4072dc24981bac6b0dcb6472441ec6f.jpg

from Tapatalk
Mine is already shaped like that. Where the juice builds up the most is between the drip tip and tank

GingerVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you are not getting enough wattage to completely vaporize your juice, and it is just ending up in your mouth in liquid form... concentrated a bit, hence the color.
How many ohms is your coil? What voltage/watts is your mod running at? If you did the math, I bet you would find it is not vaporizing properly.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think you are not getting enough wattage to completely vaporize your juice, and it is just ending up in your mouth in liquid form... concentrated a bit, hence the color.
How many ohms is your coil? What voltage/watts is your mod running at? If you did the math, I bet you would find it is not vaporizing properly.

0.5 ohms, 30-80 watts. Even when I do 0.3 ohms and get big clouds this happens.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I clean it after every 3 mils at least.
Ok ok
COMPLAINTS:SPIT-BACK/LIQUID ACCUMULATION!!

Problem:80PG, .05ohms sub ohm tank high wattage WIDE BORE TIP

SOLUTION: replace tank,higher ohm 1.0-2.0ohms VAPE at 10-15 watts.

Suggestions: if ur vaping high wattage make sure ur juice is design for high wattage like 60/40pg.. 70-30pg 80/20pg 90/10pg or 100 VG.

PG IS VERY THIN, if you VAPORIZE/HEAT IT TOo much you will get spit back, IMAGINE ME DRIPPING 80pg e-liquid can't do it unless my coil is around 1.2 ohm and up and VAPE it at 10-12 watts..
If you can't VAPE at 10watts I suggest replace ur pg/VG ratio.

VAPE ON

HardRockVapor

Member For 4 Years
COMPLAINTS:SPIT-BACK/LIQUID ACCUMULATION!!

Problem:80PG, .05ohms sub ohm tank high wattage WIDE BORE TIP

I agree with ej1024 .. we never have any problems with our 50/50 or 70/30 mix eLiquids. I think you need to get away from the high PG and you will be fine.

VU Sponsors