Become a Patron!

Broken glass? (Paranoia)

kpe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I realize this thread might come off a bit stupid to some-

I am concerned about the likelihood that I accidentally inhaled glass particles. Yesterday, I dropped one of my pyrex glass tanks on the carpet and I didn't notice that the glass had cracked pretty badly. I vaped on it for maybe a minute or so before I realized the tank had multiple tiny cracks. I immediately rinsed it out and found a few tiny glass chunks within the tank. Obviously, the tank is garbage now (non replaceable glass)

The replaceable atomizer I was using actually has tiny pin sized intake holes compared to most heads, and even a mesh filter on top. Am I wrong to think that the chances of glass particles being tiny enough to bypass those holes and layers of tight cotton are pretty much nil?

Edit, pic for ref.
tank1.jpg

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wouldnt worry about it.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tiny glass shards would get caught in the cotton before it could even make it to the chimney. I'd say there's pretty much a 0% chance you inhaled glass. And besides, you'd feel the small glass pieces if you were to inhale them anyway. You have nothing to worry about.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No worries about inhaling glass shards. They can't get to you by inhalation because of the coil. They can't get passed the cotton in the coil.

No everyone is wrong here. Had a TSV tank shatter and multiple specs of glass made its way through the filters into the tube before I noticed a shiny spec that looked like a far away star. Luckily only two small specs made it to the back of my throat where I fear will leave a lasting sensation for the rest of my life. Obviously its possible for dust to make it through the coils. I'm no health professional but neither are these guys.

When you heat up glass what does it do?

Lesson learned. Change your glass immediately when you notice any cracks. Trust me. I don't feel good knowing a spec of glass is stuck in the back of my throat eventually making its way down.

You guys are wrong for that advice. Shame on you.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

VU Sponsors