Become a Patron!

broken atomizer?

sniff57

Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I was taking my Nautilus mini tank apart and I may have broken the atomizer. It wouldn't unscrew and then the pin and the small rubber seal came off of the bottom of the atomizer. I manages to put it back together but I'm not sure the wire is sitting in the pin properly. Is it toast? Should I just throw it away? I have replacements.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was taking my Nautilus mini tank apart and I may have broken the atomizer. It wouldn't unscrew and then the pin and the small rubber seal came off of the bottom of the atomizer. I manages to put it back together but I'm not sure the wire is sitting in the pin properly. Is it toast? Should I just throw it away? I have replacements.
Can you post a photo of what you're describing?

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
We need pics of the issue to diagnose if it’s a deadly. Seriously doubt it is, almost everything can be salvaged just depends on the level of commitment.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had that happen a few times during the years I used Nautilus Mini tanks and Kabukis.

Never had any luck getting the coil to work again after it came apart. The wire inside there does have to be in the right place, and once you press everything back together you have little control over where that wire is.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Youre good man. You should see two wires coming from the bottom. One goes on the inside of the white grommet where the pin goes.
The other wire goes between the housing of the coil and the white grommet
Yep, that's how it was the the Protank coils, too. Those are what I started out building. Never had a nautilus, but same principle.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yep, that's how it was the the Protank coils, too. Those are what I started out building. Never had a nautilus, but same principle.
Me too, it’s funny how far things have come. I still have a healthy supply of protank coil parts that may come in handy if the government has their way. A few decades of banishment and I may be happy to have some protank coils I can rebuild.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Me too, it’s funny how far things have come. I still have a healthy supply of protank coil parts that may come in handy if the government has their way. A few decades of banishment and I may be happy to have some protank coils I can rebuild.
Same here, and for the same reason, but I gave my protank to my boyfriend, lol. He still loves them. Lightning vapes still sells all the parts for those, too. I thought about getting more of the grommets just in case. I think I might still have a couple mini protanks.

sniff57

Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Wow, thanks for all of the replies. I could only see one wire coming out of the bottom. I will have to reexamine it when I have some stronger light.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Same here, and for the same reason, but I gave my protank to my boyfriend, lol. He still loves them. Lightning vapes still sells all the parts for those, too. I thought about getting more of the grommets just in case. I think I might still have a couple mini protanks.
Well if it comes to the point we are puffing on Protanks, like circa 2011, again in the distant future hit me up and I’ll send a protank your way. I have four OG protanks so don’t worry about a driptip, god we used to vape like animals, couldn’t even change the drip tip. One oring on the whole tank, I still remember how excited I was to get my first protank. No worries about plastic eating juice, Pyrex!! Oh and I knew I’d never go back to counting drips so I didn’t flood a crappy cartomizer. One small step for Kanger, one giant leap for vape kind. The first puff knowing I was slipping the surly bonds of cartomizers, to touch the face of a vapegod. I should’ve been hired to write copy for Kanger, ah who am I kidding, those things sold themselves. Well hijacked and derailing complete, I am the worst. :tunez:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I started rebuilding on the damn coil assemblies for the ARO tanks. Pretty much the same as the Universal SmokTech / Kanger Pro Tank assembly. Very much disliked those cursed tiny coils and trying to get ekowool through their tiny little inner diameter. If I got to use something like that again I'll switch to that Ready X wick. It can be crushed to fit through easier, and besides that pfft, dry fire and pure white wick.

Hm, methinks therein is a challenge. *tries to imagine a tiny 2 mm ID coil in the Gorge, snickers*

VU Sponsors