Become a Patron!

Broadside tube mod by Bj box mods

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys does anyone have a broadside they are pretty nice and safe full delrin sleeve inside the mod.,Big Lou reviews said in his review its the hardest hitting mod he has.And the safest .My b-day is couple weeks out and im going get on with a Kennedy 24.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys does anyone have a broadside they are pretty nice and safe full delrin sleeve inside the mod.,Big Lou reviews said in his review its the hardest hitting mod he has.And the safest .My b-day is couple weeks out and im going get on with a Kennedy 24.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm also thinking about getting one, I also have a soi shorty and the tube gets pretty warm at times do you get that with the broadside?

Jsgillis86

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me begin my stating that I'm no expert and only have experience with nine other tube mechs. In all honesty I hope someone else chimes in.

If you're looking for safety in a mech mod the Broadside does provide some ease of mind as the insulated tube does protect against a knicked battery wrap in some cases. I still would never recommend using a knicked battery, ever. And if you're looking for a safe mech, well, I'd dare to say that safety isn't the first thing I think of when it comes to mechs. Be sure to do your research if you haven't already. This forum provided me the knowledge to dive into the deep end and did so clearly and concisely, and I've only had one issue since.

As for the mod itself, I notice that it doesn't patina or oxidize hastily, so I'm assuming that the copper sports a low impurity content. The firing switch takes a little getting used to, but after the initial hurdle and so long as it's clean it never misfires or gets stuck. Add in that the battery rattle adjustment feature is very steady and has yet to back out on me and it's become one of my go-to's for at home use.

The defining factor for me though is that, compared to my X1 and my Shorty, the Broadside hits more aggressively. The X1 and Shorty are both so smooth, even with the same battery and the same build on the same RDA, but I tend to get more immediate gratification and hostility in my vape from the Broadside.

The only downside I've found is that cleaning the switch is a little more time consuming than with my other mods, but in my opinion it's worth it.

Again, I'm no expert, but I really do love the thing. When I work up the funds I'm certainly purchasing another.

Hope this helps in your decision. And remember, it's a battery down mod.

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 2 x broadsides that I run in a stack.

The broadside is definitely one of the best value mods out there. Simple switch design akin to the shorty SOI same quality finish and performance for a lot less cash.

I also agree that it's an aggressive mod, but can be used as an all day as well. I massively dislike the battery adjustment but can live with it. On the whole recommend, bear in mind that it's a 25mm Mod that pairs nice and flush with a Kennedy 25

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My buddy also has a Broadside tube, thing hits like a freight train!

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm on it I've been using mech mods since 2012 come up the ranks per say, I'm on it the battery rattle adjustment doesn't bother me I use my SOI Legendary or my shorty on a daily basis and it has the same, for battery rattle once you get use to it its just a quick roll in one direction or the other wanted to get first hand opinion on the mod and thank you for that it's how I get my SOI type in brass one thing I've wanted in over a year since I've had my sub ohm innovations mechs.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just bought a Brass version of the Broadside....cant wait until it arrives. If its any good I will be picking up the Ti Version and using it exclusively with my Ti Goon...

Ive wanted the Subzero Shorty for the longest time but being as expensive as they are I have pushed it back when ever I could get one....then seeing a broadside with all the features it has and being brass and not crazy expensive while retaining the reason I wanted a Subzero......I had to snatch it up!

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
sweet! getting ready to order mine today Broadside in brass I`m stoked and a goon as well looking forward no goons in my stable yet

VU Sponsors