Become a Patron!

Brand new. Need help.

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
So I have a Vaporesso Veco Solo kit. Got dropped. Not by me. Even more annoying. Anyway. Glass broke. Got it replaced at a smoke shop. Gave wrong size glass. Also I can’t twist the tank off. It comes off. But I have no access to the coil. And I need to change it. Do I take pliers to it and try to get to the coil that way? I like this thing. Gonna get a better mod soon. But for now this works esp with the e liq I been using.

Attachments

• 5F7C1A1F-66B8-436C-BEC2-185E38160B64.jpeg
    5F7C1A1F-66B8-436C-BEC2-185E38160B64.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So I have a Vaporesso Veco Solo kit. Got dropped. Not by me. Even more annoying. Anyway. Glass broke. Got it replaced at a smoke shop. Gave wrong size glass. Also I can’t twist the tank off. It comes off. But I have no access to the coil. And I need to change it. Do I take pliers to it and try to get to the coil that way? I like this thing. Gonna get a better mod soon. But for now this works esp with the e liq I been using.

Try using one of those grippy things for jars before going for the pliers if you can. Sometimes using something like a dry washcloth can give you the extra oomph you need.

They also make vape tweezers with an added feature that will fit around the base of most atties to help stubborn ones come apart. You can get them fairly cheap, under $2 if you buy directly from China

If you do resort to pliers - be as gentle as possible.

Welcome to VU :wave:

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Try using one of those grippy things for jars before going for the pliers if you can. Sometimes using something like a dry washcloth can give you the extra oomph you need.

They also make vape tweezers with an added feature that will fit around the base of most atties to help stubborn ones come apart. You can get them fairly cheap, under $2 if you buy directly from China

I’m sorry

Ok great thanks so much. I almost just bought a new better vape system but this hasn’t been fine for me. HAvent been spoiled yet. But man this is frustrating. HAd it less than a week

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I’m sorry

Ok great thanks so much. I almost just bought a new better vape system but this hasn’t been fine for me. HAvent been spoiled yet. But man this is frustrating. HAd it less than a week

First starting out can be very, very frustrating for sure - but it is worth it :)

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
I’m sorry

I meant this has been fine for me. Not hasn’t. Update I just bought a new one lol. It’s the Smok e-priv kit. Howd I do? And any advice as far as the options in now have? Can I go home and vape right away? Thanks a lot

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
I meant this has been fine for me. Not hasn’t. Update I just bought a new one lol. It’s the Smok e-priv kit. Howd I do? And any advice as far as the options in now have? Can I go home and vape right away? Thanks a lot
I wish someone told me the e priv kit doesn’t come with batteries. Never even seen those kinds of batteries. I assume I can’t use without them so why the USB port?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had the same thing happen...couldn't find the glass so I bought four more tanks.....their damn good for nic salts, and those coils seem to last forever.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I wish someone told me the e priv kit doesn’t come with batteries. Never even seen those kinds of batteries. I assume I can’t use without them so why the USB port?

The USB port is mostly for preforming firmware upgrades.
Some devices can charge the batteries but it's best to get an external charger.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Batteries are the most important things for safety in your mods. Stick with Sony, Samsung, and LG for 18650 sized batteries. Go with batteries rated at least 20 Amps Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR). The higher the mAh rating the longer you can run them between charges.

Here's the link to Liion https://liionwholesale.com/ great folks there and they test their stock for authenticity. Get an external charger, they do a better job of charging batteries than most mods.

More info on batteries and chargers can be found here: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/battery-junkies-chargers.402/ I would suggest watching the Mooch videos posted in that forum. He provides great info on anything related to batteries. He makes his living on batteries so he knows his stuff and is a great asset to the community.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU.
Another vote for Liion Wholesale, fantastic company. I would suggest you buy 4 batteries so you have a set always charged. Marry your batteries in pairs, This keeps them balanced. Smok isn't known for balanced on board charging so please get an external charger. Hope you love your new gear!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Second for lion wholesale ...
also:
Get GOOD BATTERIES
Do yourself a favor and stick with
Somtvtc5a, Samsung 25r or Samsung 30q.
BUY 4 batteries 2 to use and 2 to
Charge. Also get a decent standalone charger.

Best of luck to you and congrats on switching

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Had the same thing happen...couldn't find the glass so I bought four more tanks.....their damn good for nic salts, and those coils seem to last forever.
I AGREE
Welcome to VU.
Another vote for Liion Wholesale, fantastic company. I would suggest you buy 4 batteries so you have a set always charged. Marry your batteries in pairs, This keeps them balanced. Smok isn't known for balanced on board charging so please get an external charger. Hope you love your new gear!
thanks. What’s an external charger. WHAT do you guys mean?

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Yes I agree with the salts. My all day wasn’t a blend of krunchy sqaures idk if I’m allowed to mention the company but you can figure it out. And I top that off with a bit of salt that’s fruity pebbles flavor. I love that mix! You get the cinnamony not too sweet from the squares then on the exhale you get the fruity cereal flavor. I also just picked up Hawaiian Pog and naked unicorn flavors. The pig is quite strong. I’m on my way to pick up batteries. Already have liquid in my Smok to let it prime like you have taught me. I’ll make sure to pick up quality batteries. Thanks a ton guys.

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year

Thanks so much. I got it off with dishwashing gloves the yellow ones lol. Worked perfect. Thanks again.

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Last thing please. What’s the best wattage to use? I’m using that double screen coil thingie. It was on the box, the best performance wattage but I left it home

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Last thing please. What’s the best wattage to use? I’m using that double screen coil thingie. It was on the box, the best performance wattage but I left it home
Start low and work your way up a couple watts at a time, the correct wattage is what works for YOU.

An external charger is a charger you use that charges your 18650 batteries out side of the device.
https://liionwholesale.com/collections/chargers

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Start low and work your way up a couple watts at a time, the correct wattage is what works for YOU.
An external charger is a charger you use that charges your 18650 batteries out side of the device.
^^^^
Start with the wattage lower and work your way up every 5 pulls or so. Let the juice soak in with a good prime. Hope that works for you and enjoy
^^^^

Yep - no better advice; start with a low wattage and work your way up until the vape is satisfying to you :)

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year

Thanks. Lol about two mins after I typed that’s i felt really dumb. “Ohhhhh external for he batteriessssss” lol. Anyway. Im on my way to Best Buy. Gonna grab four batteries and if I have enough $ I’ll get a charger too. I didn’t lrealize I’d have to spend some more money after dropping what I did on the mod (I live in New York City. I overpaid by alottttt, but didn’t want to wait for delivery so I bought it)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. Lol about two mins after I typed that’s i felt really dumb. “Ohhhhh external for he batteriessssss” lol. Anyway. Im on my way to Best Buy. Gonna grab four batteries and if I have enough $ I’ll get a charger too. I didn’t lrealize I’d have to spend some more money after dropping what I did on the mod (I live in New York City. I overpaid by alottttt, but didn’t want to wait for delivery so I bought it)
Not sure best buy will have the ones you need. A local vape shop will

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Only wrong/dumb questions are the ones you don't ask.:)

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Not sure best buy will have the ones you need. A local vape shop will

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
Hey thanks. Yea that’s what I did. But now I’m gonna order coils and stuff online. In Nyc everything is a rip off. He wanted $14 each battery. Got two for $20. This device kicks ASSSSSS it’s so good. So many features. Any input on the wattage I should use ? I have it at 88 atm using the coil or atomized whatever it is with the dual mesh screens. I’m a happy camper. Also. Can I use salts with this? Don’t wanna ruin it and have probably 15 bottles of salt. (I had a juul I’d refill the pods with that) the flavors kick ass. I have this donut cream one. Yummmm

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hey thanks. Yea that’s what I did. But now I’m gonna order coils and stuff online. In Nyc everything is a rip off. He wanted $14 each battery. Got two for $20. This device kicks ASSSSSS it’s so good. So many features. Any input on the wattage I should use ? I have it at 88 atm using the coil or atomized whatever it is with the dual mesh screens. I’m a happy camper. Also. Can I use salts with this? Don’t wanna ruin it and have probably 15 bottles of salt. (I had a juul I’d refill the pods with that) the flavors kick ass. I have this donut cream one. Yummmm
That kind of coil I would use 70vg or higher. Again the right wattage for you is on you to figure out. 14.00 per battery isn't that bad for shop priced batteries. Salts are the same as regular, just less throat hit. What mg and pg/vg is the juice?

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
That kind of coil I would use 70vg or higher. Again the right wattage for you is on you to figure out. 14.00 per battery isn't that bad for shop priced batteries. Salts are the same as regular, just less throat hit. What mg and pg/vg is the juice?
Hey thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. Currently I’m using (what are the rules mentioning brands? Got booted from another site for that and was called a spamming troll. Weird) anyway using naked 100 naked unicorn flavor at the moment (btw it’s the best juice I’ve tried and EVERYONE loves it. Perfect juice) it’s 70/30 vg/pg. I’m running at 71 watts atm. Also in the pic I posted what does the r and u mean at the bottom??

Attachments

• 8CD8FDD1-E42A-4B08-AD65-042A8099D38A.jpeg
    8CD8FDD1-E42A-4B08-AD65-042A8099D38A.jpeg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 5

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Hey thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. Currently I’m using (what are the rules mentioning brands? Got booted from another site for that and was called a spamming troll. Weird) anyway using naked 100 naked unicorn flavor at the moment (btw it’s the best juice I’ve tried and EVERYONE loves it. Perfect juice) it’s 70/30 vg/pg. I’m running at 71 watts atm. Also in the pic I posted what does the r and u mean at the bottom??
Also what is the coil made from? Can’t find info on that. I ask cuz there are the other options like Ti, Ni and SS? N wtf is memory mode for? LL POST a pic so you see what I mean. I assume you pick the one that works with your coil? I been staying in wattage mode but tried the others a few times. Vaped at 420 Fahrenheit, was nice. But don’t wanna do any damage. Also what is TCR? Ty in advance

Attachments

• D56E70F6-2B5B-40C8-878E-3D79167AAA1B.jpeg
    D56E70F6-2B5B-40C8-878E-3D79167AAA1B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • B38E4CD7-47B7-43F5-9772-400481076A79.jpeg
    B38E4CD7-47B7-43F5-9772-400481076A79.jpeg
    968 KB · Views: 1

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Oh i
oh I didn’t mention then mg. It is 6 mg like all my juices cept sour gummy worms which is 3. Trying to get down to 0 by next year. 6mg is the highest I can find in the stores in NYC only seen higher online.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Oh i

oh I didn’t mention then mg. It is 6 mg like all my juices cept sour gummy worms which is 3. Trying to get down to 0 by next year. 6mg is the highest I can find in the stores in NYC only seen higher online.

The juice at vape shops are 6mg and under except for the pod liquids.

It's like you can get 0mg to 6mg in regular eliquid then 20mg to 60mg in salt nic for pods.

I wonder why people aren't doing like 12mg and 16mg in salt for those who need a little more than 6mg?

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Also what is the coil made from? Can’t find info on that. I ask cuz there are the other options like TC ILL POST a pic so you see what I mean. I assume you pick the one that works with your coil? I been staying in wattage mode but tried the others a few times. Vaped at 420 Fahrenheit, was nice. But don’t wanna do any damage. Also what is TCR?

Why is my vapors Getting. Hot?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Any question you ask has to have some info attached. For coils: resistance, tank name and brand. Looking on the brands website you can usually find that info or on a sellers site. Stay in wattage/power mode if you don’t know the metal of the coil. Smok coils are usually kanthal, only for wattage mode.

The R is the resistance of the coil you are using. The U is likely voltage used during the draw.

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
JUst wanna day thanks again for the spot on help. Really. One small comment about my new Smok e priv is the juice goes wayyyyy fast. I filled almost to the top six ml this morning. I’m almost at the “min” line already n have no juice on me. I have my backup Vaporesso solo kit with me so go me. I didn’t bring juice with me cuz I figured it would last. Boy was I wrong. I’m at 70 watts vaping naked unicorn (btw freaking AMAZING flavor) by far my fav n I have about 35 bottles at home. Also didn’t bring juicecuz I work outside in Nyc so it’s freezing. Didn’t want to damage the juice by freezing it or whatever. Thx

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
JUst wanna day thanks again for the spot on help. Really. One small comment about my new Smok e priv is the juice goes wayyyyy fast. I filled almost to the top six ml this morning. I’m almost at the “min” line already n have no juice on me. I have my backup Vaporesso solo kit with me so go me. I didn’t bring juice with me cuz I figured it would last. Boy was I wrong. I’m at 70 watts vaping naked unicorn (btw freaking AMAZING flavor) by far my fav n I have about 35 bottles at home. Also didn’t bring juicecuz I work outside in Nyc so it’s freezing. Didn’t want to damage the juice by freezing it or whatever. Thx

It will not hurt juice one bit to get very cold and it will not freeze solid

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
Also what is the coil made from? Can’t find info on that. I ask cuz there are the other options like TC ILL POST a pic so you see what I mean. I assume you pick the one that works with your coil? I been staying in wattage mode but tried the others a few times. Vaped at 420 Fahrenheit, was nice. But don’t wanna do any damage. Also what is TCR?

Why is my vapors Getting. Hot?
I don’t kno what it’s made from. Doesn’t say anywhere. It came installed. Dual mesh or whatever. I’m the same. Don’t wanna do damage. I been staying in watt mode to be safe. I did try temp control at 375 n it was nice. But watt mode works nice

Jdpro11

Member For 1 Year
It will not hurt juice one bit to get very cold and it will not freeze solid
Thx. Will carry it with me going forward someone gave me a tiny bottle of some blueberry flavor. Don’t wanna put it in. I’ve only used naked unicorn on it so far n want to preserve that flavor. I can’t tell you how great this juice is

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thx. Will carry it with me going forward someone gave me a tiny bottle of some blueberry flavor. Don’t wanna put it in. I’ve only used naked unicorn on it so far n want to preserve that flavor. I can’t tell you how great this juice is

The higher the VG content, the thicker it may get and wick a little slower if extremely cold, but that occurs in the attie if you are using a tank.

I live in Alaska and have vaped in all manner of cold

VU Sponsors