Become a Patron!

Boxer or Rebel DNA250c Squonk Mod

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright people, it's time to get some opinions. I have heard that these are great mods and I have heard that they are not so great (for the $$). I would love to know (IF YOU OWN ONE OR HAVE OWNED ONE) why you like it or why you don't recommend it. Please give some explanation. I don't care if you think it sucks or if it's too expensive, that really doesn't interest me. I am really looking for solid advice here. I was going to just buy the Drone 250c by lost vape, but I've seen complaints about those.

***please refrain from arguing, this isn't meant to incite a heated debate as to why anyone is wrong or right.****

Thank you!

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My honest opinion based on personal experience.

The Drone 250C was a big disappointment for me because the battery door popped open from bottle pressure everytime I squonked.

I currently own a dual battery 250C Rebel squonk that just sits on a shelf and I won't use because the battery door has been so loose from day one that it falls off occasionally. It seems to be hit and miss with Rebel. I had the single battery 21700 Rebel squonk where the battery door was good and also owned another 18650 Rebel where after a month the battery door was falling off. The question becomes, do you want to roll the dice for that money and hope you get a tight fitting door? If they would figure out a better door attachment system, I'd be a fan.

I also had a Boxer dual squonk that had the 510 fall apart on the 2nd day. I was able to fix it and resolve it, but sold it at a heavily discounted price soon after. I had to repair myself because the customer service at Ginger Vapr was, imo, a complete joke.

In summary, aside from my Palm bf, I've yet to find a dual battery DNA squonker that hasn't had major flaws.

I just ordered a Topside dual for a take out of the house dual squonk and am hopeful that all of the really good reviews stand up. They're also coming out with a premium version soon that has a Yihi chip that may end up being a good option. Of course the Topside doesn't have a DNA, which I know you're looking for, but I've only found one DNA dual squonk that hasn't disappointed.

Good luck with your search

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My honest opinion based on personal experience.

The Drone 250C was a big disappointment for me because the battery door popped open from bottle pressure everytime I squonked.

Good luck with your search
It was your post about the drone that got me looking in a different direction. I won't be able to live with that. I don't like the way the battery is on the Therion BF 75C, BUT, it stays in there nicely and I don't have any issues with it moving while squonking, and I can charge through the mod and only take the battery out every few days to do a full charge on an external charger, so it isn't a problem for me. I use that mod more than any other right now save maybe my dna 250 (not a squonker).

EDIT: I'm honestly thinking about just picking this up for $120 and calling it a day. The battery door looks to be good. The mod isn't gorgeous, but it's 3d printed and from what I have seen sturdy.

https://www.elementvape.com/vapecige-vtx200-squonk-starter-kit

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was your post about the drone that got me looking in a different direction. I won't be able to live with that. I don't like the way the battery is on the Therion BF 75C, BUT, it stays in there nicely and I don't have any issues with it moving while squonking, and I can charge through the mod and only take the battery out every few days to do a full charge on an external charger, so it isn't a problem for me. I use that mod more than any other right now save maybe my dna 250 (not a squonker).

EDIT: I'm honestly thinking about just picking this up for $120 and calling it a day. The battery door looks to be good. The mod isn't gorgeous, but it's 3d printed and from what I have seen sturdy.

https://www.elementvape.com/vapecige-vtx200-squonk-starter-kit
I haven't owned that squonker, but I also haven't heard any complaints about the door. For that price it may very well be worth a shot, I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on it. Although I've never been a fan of the looks, functionality is what matters the most and the black is the best looking imo.

Yeah, that's exactly how I use my Therion, it doesn't get much use these days, but it's the only mod I'll charge through the chip and take the battery out once in a while.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't owned that squonker, but I also haven't heard any complaints about the door. For that price it may very well be worth a shot, I'd be interested in hearing your feedback on it. Although I've never been a fan of the looks, functionality is what matters the most and the black is the best looking imo.
Black is what I would go with only because I could make it fit with almost any atty I put on there. I don't think it looks great either, which is why I've been looking elsewhere, but . . . I would really HATE to spend almost $300 on a mod and be upset with it.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Black is what I would go with only because I could make it fit with almost any atty I put on there. I don't think it looks great either, which is why I've been looking elsewhere, but . . . I would really HATE to spend almost $300 on a mod and be upset with it.
I just had a look at your link, I think it may be a solid mod. I think it's the blue and red that have turned me off of that one, they look like a dollar store mod to me for some reason, the black doesn't. I'd probably pick up the black if I don't like my Topside for a work squonk, but will give it a chance first.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just had a look at your link, I think it may be a solid mod. I think it's the blue and red that have turned me off of that one, they look like a dollar store mod to me for some reason. I'd probably pick up the black if I don't like my Topside for a work squonk, but will give it a chance first.
I'm gonna order it now. I'll let you know.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm gonna order it now. I'll let you know.
Awesome, that 250C chip alone is almost $100 (less when bought in bulk) so I'd say you're getting a good deal on that mod. I hope it turns out to be a good one and will wait for your thoughts.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome, that 250C chip alone is almost $100 (less when bought in bulk) so I'd say you're getting a good deal on that mod. I hope it turns out to be a good one and will wait for your thoughts.
Right. If it turns out to be a bust, well I can always take out the 250c and try to make my first mod.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I got the mod in today. It looks alright. I haven't taken any pics yet, but in black with the Drop Dead Bloody Mess on there it looks pretty awesome. The initial theme they have loaded on the mod is crappy. Not an issue. I can't see how any other plastic mod can be better than this. I love the location of the squonk bottle and batteries, it feels nice and balanced in the hand. This thing could easily handle a 30mm atty and the location of the squonk bottle makes it so that if you wanted to use the mod with an RTA instead of a squonk rda you wouldn't be avoiding hitting the squonk bottle. I don't see battery heat being a problem as they are well vented. I'm putting a new theme on it now, but first impressions are that for the price of the mod, you absolutely can't go wrong. I would'nt suggest getting anything other than black. It doesn't look or feel cheap in person, but I can't say that wouldn't be the case with the other colors. The buttons are nice and clicky and don't feel too cheap, I would've liked to see them maybe in a different color or metal, but for $120 I'm willing to make some concessions. The best part and I think the part that will interest you the most is that the battery door is not magnetic and clicks into place very nicely, so none of those problems of the Rebel or Drone that you were having. Of course the day after I bought it from element vape they put out a 10% off all mods sale, so if you bought this today it would be only $108. Great deal for the $$.

Aesthetic - 4/5
Chip - DNA 250c so 5/5 for me since I can change the crappy theme they have on here
build quality 3/5 - only because it's just one solid material and I feel like all the other colors look cheap. I also don't love the single color or that the buttons are made of the same plastic as the mod, but like I said for the $$. cant complain much
Overall Value - 4/5 - if someone is looking for an everyday DNA 250c squonk mod to carry around I'd have no problem recommending this.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I got the mod in today. It looks alright. I haven't taken any pics yet, but in black with the Drop Dead Bloody Mess on there it looks pretty awesome. The initial theme they have loaded on the mod is crappy. Not an issue. I can't see how any other plastic mod can be better than this. I love the location of the squonk bottle and batteries, it feels nice and balanced in the hand. This thing could easily handle a 30mm atty and the location of the squonk bottle makes it so that if you wanted to use the mod with an RTA instead of a squonk rda you wouldn't be avoiding hitting the squonk bottle. I don't see battery heat being a problem as they are well vented. I'm putting a new theme on it now, but first impressions are that for the price of the mod, you absolutely can't go wrong. I would'nt suggest getting anything other than black. It doesn't look or feel cheap in person, but I can't say that wouldn't be the case with the other colors. The buttons are nice and clicky and don't feel too cheap, I would've liked to see them maybe in a different color or metal, but for $120 I'm willing to make some concessions. The best part and I think the part that will interest you the most is that the battery door is not magnetic and clicks into place very nicely, so none of those problems of the Rebel or Drone that you were having. Of course the day after I bought it from element vape they put out a 10% off all mods sale, so if you bought this today it would be only $108. Great deal for the $$.

Aesthetic - 4/5
Chip - DNA 250c so 5/5 for me since I can change the crappy theme they have on here
build quality 3/5 - only because it's just one solid material and I feel like all the other colors look cheap. I also don't love the single color or that the buttons are made of the same plastic as the mod, but like I said for the $$. cant complain much
Overall Value - 4/5 - if someone is looking for an everyday DNA 250c squonk mod to carry around I'd have no problem recommending this.
I'm glad to hear that you like it so far and I have to say that your observations are not only useful but very detailed, nice job!

Funny how a company putting out a dual battery DNA 250C squonker can make a door that fits properly for $120, yet the Drone (slightly more) and Rebel (300+) can't seem to get it right.

I'm probably going to pick one up soon, keep us updated

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad to hear that you like it so far and I have to say that your observations are not only useful but very detailed, nice job!

Funny how a company putting out a dual battery DNA 250C squonker can make a door that fits properly for $120, yet the Drone (slightly more) and Rebel (300+) can't seem to get it right.

I'm probably going to pick one up soon, keep us updated
I'm having trouble getting replay up, but that isn't the mod's fault. It's there and the option is available, but it doesn't seem to be detecting a tc metal for some reason. maybe it's the atty. I'll have to fidget with it. I can't save the puff for some reason.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It’s the atty that need some fidgeting. I just put my intake rta with an ss316L alien in it and replay is working wonderfully

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm having trouble getting replay up, but that isn't the mod's fault. It's there and the option is available, but it doesn't seem to be detecting a tc metal for some reason. maybe it's the atty. I'll have to fidget with it. I can't save the puff for some reason.
I've had that happen on a brand new 250C as well. Removing the atty a few times resolved it for me.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, just a little update for all of you contemplating getting the mod. I love it, but really think I hate the drop dead, so I ordered a goon 25 to throw on there, so as far as performance goes, after like 3 days, I have absolutely no complaints except that maybe I wish the squonk bottle was a little bigger.

One of the things I do like a lot about the bottle is that they put an elbow bend in the tubing that connects to the squonk pin, so putting too much pressure on the bottle will not cause the tubing to slide off the pin and spray juice all over the inside of your mod. Pretty smart little feature. No button stickage at all and I've pressed them all from every angle possible. After dialing in my battery settings on escribe this thing lasts for quite a long time and while I wish it was made with dual 2x700, beggars can't be choosers here and for less than half of the price of a Rebel or Boxer mod I am really quite satisfied. What I really like is that there isn't anything fancy. The 510 is held in place by 2 screws, which I LOVE. I have had numerous mods that just seated the 510 in the mod with some sort of adhesive or used the two halves of the mod to hold it in and it came loose causing all kinds of problems (looking at you SMOK), this won't happen here. I was a little concerned that for $120 I might be buying something that would fall apart, but after contemplating this for the past few days, I realized, 1 it's a DNA chip and they stand by their products any chip issues can get taken care of and 2, the mod is a piece of "plastic" there isn't anything to fall apart. Outside of like melting the thing with a blowtorch or dropping it from 50' onto concrete I am thoroughly confident this will hold up.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright so final update. I think I’m gonna buy another one of these I like it that much. I just put a reload rta on here running dual ss316L 2x 24g x 36g fused Clapton’s at .085 ohms and 70w in tc mode and this thing is ripping. It’s amazing.

VU Sponsors