Become a Patron!

Boxer Mod ?

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey everyone. I am seriously considering buying this mod and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with it. Hardly any reviews out there, the only one I've seen is Mike Vapes. How does it vape, any problems, does it hold up to daily wear and tear? Any input would be appreciated.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Which one? The 150W with the YiHi chip, or the 200W with the DNA200?

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Probably going with the DNA. 133. Prefer dual 18650's.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably going with the DNA. 133. Prefer dual 18650's.
If you have a Windows PC (they are still working on a Mac version), you can really fine tune the TC, and it will outperform any other TC mod. I have two DNA200 mods, a Reuleaux and a Whiteout. I love them both! FYI, the LiPo charges quicker, and also has less weight.

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I may just get the one with the lipo. It's on sale right now. I could probably do either one and be happy. Deciding if I want to spend that amount of money.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. I may just get the one with the lipo. It's on sale right now. I could probably do either one and be happy. Deciding if I want to spend that amount of money.
I hear you! I had my thoughts as well, but I don't regret having spent that much money on my two DNA mods.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
If you have a Windows PC (they are still working on a Mac version), you can really fine tune the TC, and it will outperform any other TC mod. I have two DNA200 mods, a Reuleaux and a Whiteout. I love them both! FYI, the LiPo charges quicker, and also has less weight.
Hey @Neunerball have you had the opportunity to compare it against the Yihi SXMini ML Class? I haven't gotten one yet, so I can't do a direct comparison myself, but everyone that has one seems to rave about it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey @Neunerball have you had the opportunity to compare it against the Yihi SXMini ML Class? I haven't gotten one yet, so I can't do a direct comparison myself, but everyone that has one seems to rave about it.
No, no YiHi here either, but I heard good things about it too! However, I'm sticking with my DNA200's, no matter what.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing, it fades real easily, especially the bright color ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really like the white color. Would also get a silicone sleeve in a couple of colors.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the ml. It works great and hits almost as well as my Dana 200s. However, several things detract from it. First, IMO the software stinks compared to escribe. It wouldn't install on my main computer (Norton kept deleting it saying it was dangerous) so I installed it on my old laptop and it just doesn't work right. So much so I was afraid to download it to my device. Second, I vape in TC at about 50-70 joules and the battery life is terrible. I start getting weak hits at 50% battery life. Worse than any of my dna mods by far. Third, it is heavy. My vt200, lava box, and axis capes are all much lighter despite being much larger. In addition, the update makes the DNA so much easier to use in temp with temp dominant mode. The ml takes many button presses to get through the lengthy menu system to change many simple things. Just my0.02.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
I have the ml. It works great and hits almost as well as my Dana 200s. However, several things detract from it. First, IMO the software stinks compared to escribe. It wouldn't install on my main computer (Norton kept deleting it saying it was dangerous) so I installed it on my old laptop and it just doesn't work right. So much so I was afraid to download it to my device. Second, I vape in TC at about 50-70 joules and the battery life is terrible. I start getting weak hits at 50% battery life. Worse than any of my dna mods by far. Third, it is heavy. My vt200, lava box, and axis capes are all much lighter despite being much larger. In addition, the update makes the DNA so much easier to use in temp with temp dominant mode. The ml takes many button presses to get through the lengthy menu system to change many simple things. Just my0.02.
Thanks @SmilinVapor I appreciate the comparison. I've got a friend that has the ML class, but no DNA. He also mentioned the software being a bit on the flaky side, but also that it does the job. I hope to get my hands on one of these soon so I can do a review of my own. I've only gotten to play with his ML at work for a couple minutes, not nearly long enough to have an informed decision yet.

Hey everyone. I am seriously considering buying this mod and was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with it. Hardly any reviews out there, the only one I've seen is Mike Vapes. How does it vape, any problems, does it hold up to daily wear and tear? Any input would be appreciated.
I have a grey yihi boxer mod and I love it, it's probably my go to mod, however I do like the DNA chip better, I have 3 DNA mods and I've been contemplating really hard on buying another boxer mod (with the DNA chip) and recommend the DNA 133 with the dual 18650's, I have 1 lypo DNA and I like it but I'm scared to leave the house with it because of the battery and the boxer is already so lite your not even gonna notice those 18650's in there, anyway I think you'll be extremely satisfied with the boxer DNA 133
91d88618c6f3108b8f5ce28d24d50e0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the help. Probably going with the DNA 133. Have to wait til they're back in stock. Looking forward to owning one. Price is a little steep, but I spent 300.00 bucks on the original Vapor Flask. Oh well. That's why you go to work, pay your bills and get yourself a little treat every once in a while.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
Thanks for the help. Probably going with the DNA 133. Have to wait til they're back in stock. Looking forward to owning one. Price is a little steep, but I spent 300.00 bucks on the original Vapor Flask. Oh well. That's why you go to work, pay your bills and get yourself a little treat every once in a while.
I hope you don't have to wait too long to get one.

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The website says they should be back in stock by the last week of April. Not to long of a wait.

I can definitely recommend.. Personally will take a yihi 350j chip over a DNA200 any day of the week. But I'm sure the DNA200's are just as well made.. Once you can wrap your head around paying over $200 for something that's 3D printed you won't regret it. It's a solid mod for being about as light as a few pieces of paper with and without batteries. Also the wiring is done very well.

zsLvgmW.jpg

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Still coming to terms with the cost, but I'm sure I won't regret it in the end.

If you drip, buy one of the silicone sleeves.. well worth the investment. Since the material is porous when you get juice splatter it shows (more so depending on which color you go with) They clean up real well with a mr. clean magic eraser. But the silicone sleeve covers the top around the 510 connection so you will get minimal splatter on the mod itself.

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I'll make sure I order a couple of them when I place my order.

thvpsnb

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i was thinking of getting one myself,but i dont have the slightest idea where to get them..im from the Philippines by the way, which i think makes it even more difficult to get one.

Archer61

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine for a few weeks and I love it. Small, ergonomic and light. You have to order from Ginger Vaper. I don't know if they ship internationally though. You'll have to inquire.

rice721

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've got the DNA133, SX350j V2 in 26650 version and dual 18650 versions from GingerVaper.

I love them all.

I weighed them and without batteries they all weigh around 60g (as a comparison vaporshark dna200 weights 170g). You're looking at 45-50g per 18650 and around 90-100g for the 26650s. Fair enough to say that their mods are super light making it easier to pocket (although slightly wide, they are short and narrow).

If you were to choose one I would go with the SX350j V2 dual battery setup. Why? Cuz its probably the only mod out there (other than the SX Mini Q class) that uses the Yihi SX350j V2 board in a dual 18650 setup.

I would order from GV directly as I've heard quality issues with other vendors who purchase the DIY kits and assemble the mod themselves. Also GV's aftersales service is top notch. My DNA133 had a screen issue. I only had to pay shipping to them. Turn around time was 5 business days from LA to NY.

VU Sponsors